News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

{SOLVED}Pages refuse to load

Started by bambroso, February 16, 2006, 01:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambroso

SMF Version: SMF 1.0.6
New server (internal use only)
only 12 users.. Was working perfectly and then blammo...
index.php loads very slowly (both IE and Fox) from there any attempts to access any other page fails.. So i cannot get into admin interface to change anything....
Server stats:
Operating System:     Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)
Processor:    Pentium III (Coppermine) (797.710MHz)
Load averages:    0.00, 0.06, 0.08
Current processes:    63 (60 sleeping, 3 running, 0 zombie)
Processes by CPU:    (other) (40) 0.9%
Memory usage:    98.65% (187352k / 189916k)
Swap: 0% (0k / 714852k)

I know it all needs to be upgraded but this all I have to test and until I can get it stable I can't get anything new..

MYSQL stats:
MySQL Statistics
MySQL 3.23.x
Connections per second:    0.0089
Kilobytes received per second:    0.0099
Kilobytes sent per second:    0.0416
Queries per second:    0.0536
Percentage of slow queries:    0
Opened vs. Open tables:
(table_cache)    1.4286 (should be <= 80)
Table cache usage:
(table_cache)    0.2188 (should be >= 0.5 and <= 0.9)
Key buffer read hit rate:
(key_buffer_size)    0.0496 (should be <= 0.01)
Key buffer write hit rate:
(key_buffer_size)    0.7692 (should be <= 0.5)
Thread cache hit rate:
(thread_cache_size)    1.2 (should be >= 30 )
Thread cache usage:
(thread_cache_size)    0 (should be >= 0.7 and <= 0.9)
Temporary table disk usage:
(tmp_table_size)    1 (should be <= 0.5)
Sort merge pass rate:
(sort_buffer)    0 (should be <= 0.001)
Query cache enabled:
(query_cache_type)    0 (should be >= 1 and <= 1)

Thanking anyone in advance:
\Bob

ozmafans

Does it run any better after a reboot?

Really, your specs should be fine for a server handling only 12 people on a LAN, so long as it's not doing anything else horribly intensive.

If it runs better after a reboot, look into adding some more RAM into the machine. Just an idea.

JayBachatero

Do you have any mods installed?  Have you made any other changes?
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

bambroso

I have only added a different theme... I have rebooted several times.... I would change the theme back to default but I cant get into the admin interface.... I have other things on this server (coppermine) that seem to load up ok and the phpinfo and phpstatus come up lightning quick... Just dont know what to do...

\Bob

JayBachatero

Is there a link that I can use to take a look at it?
Follow me on Twitter

bambroso

its internal only.... Used on a LAN and no outside access to boards..

\Bob

JayBachatero

Oh ok.  Open Settings.php and add this to it
$db_show_debug = true;

It will show you debug info on the bottom so copy and paste it here to see if there are any slow queries.

Also I just noticed the version of your MySQL.  I believe you should upgrade it.
Follow me on Twitter

bambroso

I did this.. what is weird is the page never loads up completely (the index.php) it is a bare page with links but lacks all color and formatting... I wonder if there is any way to get the default theme back with out entering the admin interface?? Anyway, once this (bare) page loads up any link I click on (queries used "(9)" or show queries) goes to "The connection has timed out".. That is all I get...

\Bob

JayBachatero

What yo ucan do is download 1.0.6 upgrade package and overwrite all of the files nd run upgrade.php to see if it makes any difference.  Remember you must download UPGRADE package or UPDATE.  Also try updating your MySQL.  It is very old.
Follow me on Twitter

bambroso

already did the upgrade ( Powered by SMF 1.0.6.) and it is still slow..

I will upgrade the DB and report back.. I am sure upgrading from 3.x to 5 will be some fun!

Thanks..

\Bob

JayBachatero

Ok.  I'm wondering if there is something that was posted or something that is making it slow.

I know it must be :P  weheeee.  Good luck there.
Follow me on Twitter

Trekkie101

Are hostname lookups disabled? They should be, this theoretically could slow the forum, if its not got an online connection, even at that, it would still slow down.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: bambroso on February 16, 2006, 05:36:25 PM
I did this.. what is weird is the page never loads up completely (the index.php) it is a bare page with links but lacks all color and formatting... I wonder if there is any way to get the default theme back with out entering the admin interface?? Anyway, once this (bare) page loads up any link I click on (queries used "(9)" or show queries) goes to "The connection has timed out".. That is all I get...

\Bob

Go to the board index, then type ?theme=1 at the end of the URL and hit enter. This will make it use the default theme for you. Sounds like maybe that theme's settings are incorrect.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

bambroso

Quote from: Trekkie101 on February 17, 2006, 07:37:38 AM
Are hostname lookups disabled? They should be, this theoretically could slow the forum, if its not got an online connection, even at that, it would still slow down.

they were not and come to find out the domain admin removed the host dns entry for the server.. I have since disabled hostname lookups and fixed the DNS problem.. She's purring once again.. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions..

\Bob

Advertisement: