News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Changes in Joomla! 1.0.8

Started by Praedator, February 17, 2006, 02:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff41

No fix yet?  I'm surprised something hasn't surfaced yet.  No i'm not impatient, but it seems like it would have come out sooner.

jeff

zigzag

Yes, I'm itching to upgrade to 1.08 too - performance is supposed to be much better - I'm using bridge 3.19a but we'll just have to be patient  ;D Anyway sometimes it's better not to upgrade till all the glitches have been ironed out  :D

Orstio

QuoteNo fix yet?  I'm surprised something hasn't surfaced yet.  No i'm not impatient, but it seems like it would have come out sooner.

Yeah, silly me, prioritizing my career and personal life before my software development hobby.  What am I thinking?

Genbushi

Quote from: jeff41 on February 27, 2006, 04:58:04 PM
No fix yet?  I'm surprised something hasn't surfaced yet.  No i'm not impatient, but it seems like it would have come out sooner.

Heck dude, Joomla v1.0.8 just hit the streets yesterday, give it some time. Things like this are being done on dev's personal time and released freely to the world. We all owe Orstio a LOT of free beer for everything. Thanks Orstio!!

jeff41

well i'm sorry...  i started to lash back but i am grateful you do what you do. 

I figured the priority was pretty high, so i was a little worried after a day of no updates...

jeff

afonic

Did you guys tried the compatibility option in General Settings in 1.0.8 admin and it didn't work?

It works fine for me.

Update to 1.0.8, use it and when Ostrio updates it enable the new security session type. It will take you much less time than coming here to ask for it.

zigzag

Hi,

I was going to ask about that - does it work on the 3.19a bridge (for smf 1.06) ?

jeff41

Quote from: afonic on February 28, 2006, 06:20:55 AM
Did you guys tried the compatibility option in General Settings in 1.0.8 admin and it didn't work?

It works fine for me.

Update to 1.0.8, use it and when Ostrio updates it enable the new security session type. It will take you much less time than coming here to ask for it.

What setting are you talking about.  I'm sorry if it's obvious, but I don't know what you're talking about.  General Settings?  Compatability?  Where is this?

Thanks
Jeff

zigzag

In 1.08 it's listed under site - global configuration - you can see it in the joomla demo of 1.08 here:
http://demo.joomla.org/

Nitro

oih crap! (sorry) i uploaded the new 1.0.8 and it messed up big time by forum with joomla. it keeps telling me i need to login, anyway what's done is done. my question is, would it be ok to delete the whole joomla and put 1.0.7 back again? would it be wise to download/back up the configuration.php FIRST, upload the 1.0.7, delete install, and then upload configuration.php again? or when i install can i use the same prefix i mean, jos_  OR should i do this theoratically, i can run install.php and when i get to the DB screen, i type jos_new_ let the process go through, then login PHPmyadmin and delete that table, go to the configuration.php and detele the joz_new_ and put the original one?

hopefuly make sense what i'm talking about, bottom line i really need some advice.

thank you so much guys

you ROCK!!!
MPF Rocks!!!

jeff41

Quote from: zigzag on February 28, 2006, 10:14:09 AM
In 1.08 it's listed under site - global configuration - you can see it in the joomla demo of 1.08 here:

I had already upgraded to 1.0.8 so i'm looking in global configuration and I don't see anything about compatability.  Which tab in Global Config?

Nitro

hey jeff41, are you using SMF rc2? r u getting login problems like when you try to see an article in joomla, does it say you need to login? are you actually haveing any login issues at all? sounds to me your upgrade went ok, is that right?

Quote from: jeff41 on February 28, 2006, 10:56:36 AM
Quote from: zigzag on February 28, 2006, 10:14:09 AM

I had already upgraded to 1.0.8 so i'm looking in global configuration and I don't see anything about compatability.  Which tab in Global Config?
MPF Rocks!!!

jeff41

I was using joomla 1.0.7 and smf 1.1RC2.  I upgraded to 1.0.8 before I noticed there were issues with the bridge.  My joomla upgrade went perfectly fine, and my SMF works perfectly.  Users can still login and register through the bridge.  The only issues I have are that the Joomla Online User module doesn't show members logged in, and there is no usermenu when they do login.  So basically Joomla thinks the users are not logged in. 

I jumped into the upgrade too fast but I'm grateful that these are the only problems i'm having.

Jeff

Nitro

that's the problem joomla thinks user are not logged in, i have several articles and they cannot read them because it keeps asking they need to login.
man this is driving me crazy.
i hope someone can tell me anything about what i wrote above.
thank you man!

Quote from: jeff41 on February 28, 2006, 11:11:13 AM
I was using joomla 1.0.7 and smf 1.1RC2.  I upgraded to 1.0.8 before I noticed there were issues with the bridge.  My joomla upgrade went perfectly fine, and my SMF works perfectly.  Users can still login and register through the bridge.  The only issues I have are that the Joomla Online User module doesn't show members logged in, and there is no usermenu when they do login.  So basically Joomla thinks the users are not logged in. 

I jumped into the upgrade too fast but I'm grateful that these are the only problems i'm having.

Jeff
MPF Rocks!!!

jeff41

This is the known issue and they are working on a fix as we speak.  You'll just have to wait until they release it.

Jeff

Nitro

Oh man!!! i fixed it! forget about this joomla 8, it's a pain!!!
i had to upload the full version of 1.0.7 and overwrite the new files. i didn't upload the install folder, no needed. backed up configuration and that's it. no more login problems.

however, i wouldn't mind getting a work around or maybe i should just wait until some guru comes up with a fix.

man!
MPF Rocks!!!

jeff41

Joomla 1.0.8 will run so much smoother than 1.0.7.  I have another site with Joomla that I upgraded to 1.0.8 and it got so much quicker.  Joomla 1.0.8 is a must upgrade when you can.

jeff

Nitro

i know what you're saying bro, i ran the upgrade on another sites i have with no forums and seems to be like everything runs great, not to mention the goodies they added for AOL users, AOL which are a pain in the rear! i have lots of AOL users, unfortunately so it's been very challenging.

i guess i just have to wait for a new upgrade for the SMF_COM component.
MPF Rocks!!!

zigzag

I can't remember as I only looked at 1.08 on the demo server: http://demo.joomla.org/
but I think it was under "server".

Advertisement: