News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Changes in Joomla! 1.0.8

Started by Praedator, February 17, 2006, 02:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zigzag

I tried "backward compatibility" mode on a test site with smf 1.06 & 3.19a bridge but it doesn't work - users are logged in ok with smf but not in joomla. 1.08's a bit faster though and less databse queries  :D

jeff41

yes I also tried the backward compatibility and it does not work.

jeff

afonic

Hi,

I've tried it in my test server with Joomla 1.0.8 and the 3.20 bridge and it worked fine. However I didn't upgrade my live sites waiting for the next bridge version from Ostrio that will allow the bridge to work fine with the new session type.

Have you tried Joomla 1.0.8 with 3.20 bridge (SMF 1.1RC2) and it does not work or Joomla 1.0.8 with 3.19a bridge (SMF 1.0.6)?

zigzag

I'm still using 1.06. I've thought about upgrading to 1.1.rc2 but my sites live and I'm a bit wary of doing it. Are you all using 1.1.rc2 on live sites? And did you have any problems upgrading?

jeff41

Quote from: zigzag on March 01, 2006, 08:55:51 AM
I'm still using 1.06. I've thought about upgrading to 1.1.rc2 but my sites live and I'm a bit wary of doing it. Are you all using 1.1.rc2 on live sites? And did you have any problems upgrading?
I'm using 1.1RC2 on a live site. The forum you're posting on now is 1.1RC2.  The forum at Joomla is 1.1RC2.  It's pretty stable as far as I know, I haven't had any problems with it.  I'm using Joomla 1.0.8 with SMF 1.1RC2 and 3.20 bridge.  In response to "afonic", the bridge still disables joomla logins even with backward compatibility.

jeff

Ronny

Patience, some guys realy don't show any respect... :(

The problem will be solved, if can't do it by yourself than show respect to the one that have those great skills  ;)

jeff41

excuse me but no one is showing disrespect.  People are asking questions and I was answering them.  Chill out, we know they are working on a fix.  There was word that backward compatibility would work and it doesn't, so we were discussing it.

jeff

afonic

Quote from: jeff41 on March 01, 2006, 09:12:05 AM
In response to "afonic", the bridge still disables joomla logins even with backward compatibility.

Hi,

as I said it worked in my test site using Firefox but I didn't try on any live site using other browser/OS than Firefox and Linux.

So, from all the above, until further notice, people should NOT expect the bridge to work with 1.0.8. Therefore if they don't want to break their forum for functioning correctly, they should wait to upgrade to Joomla 1.0.8 when a patch for the bridge is available.

afonic

Again, it seems to work just fine with 1.0.8.

I have a live site here:

(link removed)

Using Joomla 1.0.8 with the compatibility mode on, SMF 1.1RC2 and the 3.20 bridge.
Works fines for me and the other members. Feel free to create an account and try posting something or just see if it works.

zigzag

Hi,
I registered  :) It's the same as with smf 106 & 319a bridge - I'm logged into the forum but not into Joomla, for example on the gallery page it's telling me I can't comment on the picture because I'm not logged in. In other words I'm recognized by SMF but not by Joomla. So it would kind of work on a site where the only user interaction is with the forum.

QuoteUnregistered users are not allowed to post comments. Please register...

Nitro

that's exactly what is happening in my forum. i tried the compability thing and it works fine.
MPF Rocks!!!

afonic

Quote from: zigzag on March 01, 2006, 05:46:38 PM
Hi,
I registered  :) It's the same as with smf 106 & 319a bridge - I'm logged into the forum but not into Joomla, for example on the gallery page it's telling me I can't comment on the picture because I'm not logged in. In other words I'm recognized by SMF but not by Joomla. So it would kind of work on a site where the only user interaction is with the forum.

QuoteUnregistered users are not allowed to post comments. Please register...

Yes you're right. One seems to be logged in if you look at the login module but he cannot upload pics or comment.

Maybe its not that I am using 1.0.8 though, I'll look into it.

Praedator

Sorry for the confusion didn't know that stingrey has changed the code again during my holiday :( so the suggested fix did not work any longer. Here an update to the fix:

components/com_smf/smf.php starting at line 443 ( function integrate_login):

$lifetime = time() + (60 * $cookielength);

//Let's make sure this works in both Mambo and Joomla
$sessionCookieName = md5('site' . $mosConfig_live_site);
setcookie($sessionCookieName, '', -3600, '/');

Add after this:

// For Joomla 1.0.8 compatibility
global $_VERSION;

if (isset($_VERSION) && $_VERSION->DEV_LEVEL >= '8'){
$remCookieName = mosMainFrame::remCookieName_User();
$remCookieValue = mosMainFrame::remCookieValue_User( $username ) . mosMainFrame::remCookieValue_Pass( $passwd );
setcookie( $remCookieName, $remCookieValue, $lifetime, '/' );
}

and function integrate_logout at the top of the function:

setcookie('usercookie[username]', $username, time() - 3600, '/');
setcookie('usercookie[password]', '', time() - 3600, '/');
setcookie('sessioncookie' , '' , time() - 3600 , '/');

//Let's make sure this works in both Mambo and Joomla
$sessionCookieName = md5('site' . $mosConfig_live_site);
setcookie($sessionCookieName, '', time() - 3600, '/');

Add after this:

//For Joomla 1.0.8 compatibility
global $_VERSION;

$lifetime = time() - 86400;
         setcookie( $remCookieName, ' ', $lifetime, '/' );
}
Predator

- Time is a created thing. To say, "I don't have time" is like saying "I don't want to."
- Lao-Tzu......

jeff41

works like a charm with 1.0.8 and SMF 1.1RC2

thanks so much!

jeff

afonic

Yeah everything works just fine now, thanks Predator!  ;)

Suggestion: Why don't you release a 1.1.2a (or something like that) version of the bridge that will contain the fix until next version is out? It will decrease the number of people having trouble due to installing the current bridge with 1.0.8 and never read the readme or the forum generally.

Elephants Gerald

For those using SMF 1.0.6, Joomla 1.0.8 and the Orstio bridge 3.19, I've managed to get a result by working from Predators code.

The file you need to update is: /forum/Sources/MOS_SMF.php (where 'forum' is the directory you've installed SMF to).

Find the first instance of the following line (somewhere aound line 320):

$sessionCookieName = md5( 'site'.$GLOBALS['mosConfig_live_site'] );
setcookie ($sessionCookieName,"",-3600, "/" );

(N.B. my version of MOS_SMF.php has already been hacked once for previous changes to Joomla authentication - you may need to look for (and change) the original version of the above code, which looked like this:
setcookie ("sessioncookie","",-3600,"/");
)

Add the following code afterwards

// For Joomla 1.0.8 compatibility
global $_VERSION;

$remCookieValue = mosMainFrame::remCookieValue_User( $username ) . mosMainFrame::remCookieValue_Pass( $passwd );
setcookie( $remCookieName, $remCookieValue, $lifetime, '/' );
}

Now find the second instance of the following line (somewhere aound line 380):

$sessionCookieName = md5( 'site'.$GLOBALS['mosConfig_live_site'] );
setcookie ($sessionCookieName,"",-3600, "/" );

Add the following code after:
         $lifetime = time() - 86400;
         setcookie( $remCookieName, ' ', $lifetime, '/' );
}

I hope this makes sense.....

Orstio

Quote from: afonic on March 07, 2006, 03:00:31 AM

Suggestion: Why don't you release a 1.1.2a (or something like that) version of the bridge that will contain the fix until next version is out? It will decrease the number of people having trouble due to installing the current bridge with 1.0.8 and never read the readme or the forum generally.

Please don't coax others to violate the SMF license by releasing their own versions of the current bridge. It's tough enough to keep people from redistributing as is.   :(

zigzag

I'm getting confused now ;D I'm using smf 1.06 & bridge 3.19a currently Joomla 1.07
Do I upgrade Joomla now and upgrade smf to 1.1RC2 and use the temp fix or should I wait?  ???

afonic

Quote from: Orstio on March 07, 2006, 06:39:39 AM
Quote from: afonic on March 07, 2006, 03:00:31 AM

Please don't coax others to violate the SMF license by releasing their own versions of the current bridge. It's tough enough to keep people from redistributing as is.   :(

Hi,

actually with "you" I meant you (Ostrio) and not Predator. I am aware that the bridge is under the SMF license. Sorry for the misunderstading.

PS. A patched version with the fixed with that "Unidentified :sa" and Joomla 1.0.8 would be a good idea instead of users coming here and asking all the time to discover about the patch, thats why I suggest it, I don't know how close the next release is.

xpolicy

Quote from: Elephants Gerald on March 07, 2006, 05:18:16 AM
For those using SMF 1.0.6, Joomla 1.0.8 and the Orstio bridge 3.19, I've managed to get a result by working from Predators code.

I tired this and it works, but when you log out you kind of stay logged in. Your not logged in but you are able to still see the user menu and other things.

If you clear your cookies each time you close your broswer it works but... not every one does that.

Advertisement: