News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

After successful YaBBSE->SMF upgrade question

Started by Yeehaw, March 14, 2004, 07:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeehaw

Directory cleanup. What is safe to remove (as leftovers) from the original YaBBSE dir?
i.e. Yabbimages dir, Yabbhelp dir, etc. I'm assuming they are not used anymore.

It's a little anal, but I like to keep things cleaned up...
;)
www.desertaquaria.com/breeze running SMF!
For a non-pc board, go to Desert Whispers at above forum ;)

Grudge

OK. I would *keep* Template.php, also obviously Settings.php and Settings_bak.php. Also obviously keep anything that came in the SMF package :)

YaBBImages can go *only* if a few things are true. Firstly, if you converted to existing yabbse template the current template may point to the YaBBImages directory so if you delete it you may have to manually go and change the template.

Secondly, all your users avatars are probably pointing to the avatars sub directory of YaBBImages so that will most likely need to stay...
I'm only a half geek really...

Ben_S

I'd suggest you sort your sources directory by date and delete anything older than whenever you uploaded everything too, that way you will get rid of old mods files.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

bostasp

I think we should draw up some sort of list of what is *safe* to go, and what you need to keep when upgrading.

Peter Duggan

There's a whole stack of documentation still in the works! ;)

bostasp

Peter Duggan

Quote from: bostasp on March 14, 2004, 08:24:56 AM
I'll sit tight and wait then :)

Quote from: bostasp on March 14, 2004, 08:19:58 AM
I think we should draw up some sort of list

* Peter Duggan enquires about bostasp's writing skills! ;)

bostasp

It's a Sunday, I'm not thinking properly :-[ :P

Edit: Although, you can pretty much ignore the "I'll sit tight and wait then ;)" post, since I could always drag up a list of files...

Advertisement: