News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"upgrader was unable to find some crucial files"...

Started by charlottezweb, April 03, 2004, 11:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlottezweb

I'm getting the "upgrader was unable to find some crucial files" error message when trying to upgrade a YSE forum to SMF.

I've followed the chmodding instructions found here and doublechecked it to make sure they're correct as well as verified that all files (to my knowledge) are there:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=6832.0

Here's what I did prior in case it may be related to this problem...

1.  I have a live forum on one domain.  I want to convert and test all kinds of things (theme, coppermine, etc) so I created a "test forum" on a SEPARATE domain.  I copied the YSE folder from the original domain to a new forum folder on the second test domain.  I took a mysql dump and restored it on the new domain and edited settings.php to point to the db on the new domain location.  I altered the forum settings on the new install to reflect the proper domain name in the admin center.  The forum on the new domain appears to be functioning properly off it's new location independent of my live board.

2.  I uploaded all files from the upgrade package (twice to make sure that wasn't the problem) and am getting the above mentioned error when I try to run upgrade.php

Any ideas?  Is there a list of what files are considered crucial in this check?

Thanks,
Jason

[Unknown]

This means just what it says - it can't find some crucial files.

Please make sure the $boarddir and $sourcedir settings in Settings.php are both correct, and that you have uploaded the files to *THOSE* locations.

-[Unknown]

charlottezweb

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 04, 2004, 12:26:31 AM
Please make sure the $boarddir and $sourcedir settings in Settings.php are both correct...

Gotcha...I missed the lower urls.  Upgrade worked fine, thanks!

-Jason

Advertisement: