News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

phpBB2 to SMF - Old URL?

Started by ingsiang, February 19, 2006, 02:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ingsiang

I am currently running my phpbb2 forum in " html_public/forum " and a testing SMF forum at " html_public/forum2 ".

So, I had decided to convert to SMF, after several days of testing.

Can anyone please let me know how can I convert the board so it overwrite my old board?

I mean, I wanted my new SMF board to reside in " html_public/forum ", instead of " html_public/forum2 ".

Please, urgent.  :-X :-X :-X :-[

I tried to change my phpbb2 forum installation folder into " html_public/forum3 ", but I can't access it's admin panel in this way.

Can a conversion works fine like that?

ingsiang

Well, I tried the conversion but I can't get the correct password to access my SMF mySQL(the one it says as a confirmation), why? I used Fantastico to install my SMF. Isn't that my mySQL password = what I entered as admin access in the Fantastico installation of SMF? Can anyone help me?

Aaron

As it seems SMF's database user cannot access phpBB's database. You can give it access to it by going to cPanel -> MySQL databases and look for a button labeled 'Add user to db'. Above it are two dropdown boxes. Choose the smf user and assign it to phpBB's table. That should do it. :)

After you've renamed the folders you should use repair_settings.php (found in Downloads -> Converters) to let SMF know the forum's been moved.

Hope this helps,
Aaron.

ingsiang

I had been waiting and finally there's a reply! :D :D

Thanks alot, I'll go and try it out now!~ :D

Will reply to let you know if it works! :D

Thanks again! :D  ;D ;D ;D

ingsiang

Thanks alot! :D Done the migration~ :D

Well, need to add SMF user to your phpBB2 database first, then go run the converter~ :D

I am doing the changing of URL now~ :D

Advertisement: