News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Attachments runs off multiple attachment folders. Rather than just 1.

Started by Ryan, December 08, 2005, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Hello,
I have a 250 gig drive and no joke my attachments folder is full!!!!!!

Now im stuck now cos i got 2  other 250gig dirves and i cant use them becuase the forum only runs on 1 attachments folder...

Isit possible... to have a mod where it adds and extra id eg attachments 2 meaning the download is in attachment folder 2...

So instead of lookign in attachments 1 it knows the file is in the folder 2, so when it comes to cueing the download it works fine...

This allows me to mount a new 250 gig drive as attachments 2 and have an additional 250 gig of upload space!

Not only does this give more room but it shares the rpms out between 2 drives making forums with large attachment folders run much better, rather than having a 500gig drive just so you can have that extra space but get cained cos its only 7200...

This all makes sense.. Doesnt it?

Anybody else in need of this?

Grudge

I think this is probably a good idea. It would involve an extra column on the attachments table but very possible
I'm only a half geek really...

Ryan

Sheepy

In the mean time it should be possible to make the attachment folder a virtual directory to your new drive.  You can use one drive at most unless you make a RAID, but it may be more difficult to do (although easier to manage)

Thantos

Ryan

H

$200 :o, if only I could code.

I can't help but wonder what you must be putting in the attachments folder
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: