Theme/Template Generator for SMF?

Started by eFishie, March 14, 2004, 01:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bostasp

Quote from: Fizzy on March 19, 2004, 12:53:51 PM
I suffer from a medical condition called 'over-active ambition' with complications of 'under-active ability'  ;D

So do I ;)

David

Quote from: Fizzy on March 19, 2004, 09:28:00 AM
Something simple?  :-[
Something user-friendly?
An user-interface maybe?
I really don't know, the whole "template system" was kept under wraps for ages.
The idea really was to build something very powerful and then add a user friendly UI.
This space for rent.

Grudge

I think/hope we (or indeed I) can make a simple template converter/editor. Basically, take all the complicated php code and lump it into constants {search_bar} etc. That way people could edit the html in a normal html editor and then upload it, click a button (or maybe automatic) and let the forum fill in the constants by itself. The alternative is sub templating the index template more (taking the more complicated areas out into other functions). I don't know what is planned for SMF as a development process but I think the first idea would be nice to make it easier for those not used to php etc.

EDIT: Dave I think is probably thinking along the same lines as me... he got in before me :(
I'm only a half geek really...

Fizzy

Hey guys,

Thanks for taking my post in the spirit with which it was intended :D

I love the sound of the UI and I appreciate that SMF is still at beta stage, the obvious lead there is that this is going to get better and better and better. I can't wait to see where we end up. It's so cool  8)
It's got to be said that SMF is going to be kicking some serious forum but
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

HEB XI 1

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 16, 2004, 09:08:09 PM
Hmm, Writeto said something about one in a post he made.  (I should know I've read every post on this forum and it's giving me a headache!)

-[Unknown]

Found this ... not by Writeto, but it might help:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=7242.msg70674#msg70674

Advertisement: