Theme converting YSE => SMF

Started by Villesa, March 14, 2004, 09:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villesa

I installed upgrade version of SMF. Uploaded files. Upgrade.php did fine, except those PHP safe_mode errors

2: copy(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 593 is not allowed to access /home/customers/sadevuonet/public_html/yabbse/Themes/theme1 owned by uid 500
File: /home/customers/sadevuonet/public_html/yabbse/Sources/Themes.php
Line: 510

2: copy(/home/customers/sadevuonet/public_html/yabbse/Themes/theme1/style.css): failed to open stream: Success

2: copy(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 593 is not allowed to access /home/customers/sadevuonet/public_html/yabbse/Themes/theme1 owned by uid 500

There were many other PHP errors(all errors related to themes.php file and lines 510, 511) and i think that is the main reason why my old theme did not converted to SMF. I got "converted" folder with no files inside(Same thing happens when i create a copy of default theme, i get new folder, but files). I'm now running my forum with default theme and i'll try to edit it(i just manually copied files to theme3 folder, after i clikked "create new" button. Sorry if this post is quite messy, but it's time here is 04:00 AM and i'm not too good in writing English.

Thank you for your help.
You'll get the idea

I'm all ok.

[Unknown]

Delete the "converted" directory, and then create a new one through the FTP.  Then try the upgrade again.

And no, upgrading twice won't hurt a thing.

-[Unknown]

Villesa

SMF Upgrade Utility
The upgrader was unable to find some crucial files. Please make sure you uploaded all of the files included in the package, including the Themes, Sources, and other directories.

Click here to try again.
--------------------------------
And the result when loading forum:

Notice: Undefined index: theme_template_error in /home/customers/sadevuonet/public_html/yabbse/Sources/Load.php on line 813

"Upgrading twice wont hurt a bit"  <== Should i believe that or not...
You'll get the idea

I'm all ok.

Villesa

Ok i ran it again, and everything seemed to go fine. It just doesn't convert YSE colors to SMF.. Well i have to try and change them manually.
You'll get the idea

I'm all ok.

[Unknown]

It should actually convert the colors...

-[Unknown]

Villesa

Converter did these thing;(from YSE to SMF) buttons( new/no new posts, home, help etc. buttons, users, posts, private messages, settings, calendar with Finnish special dates.

I'm at work now so i can't post the original template for comparison use. Here's link to my SMF forum http://sadevuo.net/yabbse I will post later today my old template so that you can see what it is supposed to look.

It works fine.

PS. Sorry if i were too hasty to judge your comment earlier.

Ville Sädevuo
[email protected]

Thank you very much
You'll get the idea

I'm all ok.

[Unknown]

As you can see, the directory is empty:

http://sadevuo.net/yabbse/Themes/converted/

So it did not work.  This is because you're in safe mode.  I'll try to solve it a bit later.

-[Unknown]

Villesa

Ok thank you, and no hurry. I've tried to ask about that safe_mode before but my host did not want to change that.

So this can be classified as a bug in beta?
You'll get the idea

I'm all ok.

[Unknown]

Yes, but there's not much it can do... safe mode is annoying.

What you can do is delete the theme in the admin center, and then run upgrade.php again converting the template.  I'm sorry, I forgot that very important step in my instructions before.

-[Unknown]

Villesa

One more thing came to my mind. When i press "create new" link in the theme settings. I'm supposed to get a duplicated default theme right? Well after pressing that it just says created succesfully, but when i try to edit it "file is missing" and when i look in to the folder VIA FTP its empty. This is due to SAFE_MODE ?
You'll get the idea

I'm all ok.

Villesa

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 14, 2004, 10:47:07 PM
Yes, but there's not much it can do... safe mode is annoying.

What you can do is delete the theme in the admin center, and then run upgrade.php again converting the template.  I'm sorry, I forgot that very important step in my instructions before.

-[Unknown]

I tryed this also and now change, check my previous post.
You'll get the idea

I'm all ok.

[Unknown]

The upgrade won't convert your template.php if there's already a "converted" theme.  However, if everything is set properly and you have things with the right permissions it should be able to do it in safe mode even, as long as you create the converted directory FROM FTP.  If it is already there, it is a "broken" directory and you NEED to delete it first.

-[Unknown]

Villesa

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 15, 2004, 03:08:02 PM
The upgrade won't convert your template.php if there's already a "converted" theme.  However, if everything is set properly and you have things with the right permissions it should be able to do it in safe mode even, as long as you create the converted directory FROM FTP.  If it is already there, it is a "broken" directory and you NEED to delete it first.

-[Unknown]

That didn't help. It's strange that even the copy theme wont work..
You'll get the idea

I'm all ok.

[Unknown]

This is only because your host does not have safe mode setup properly.  Even lycos supports these things properly.

-[Unknown]

Villesa

I noticed a little bit of in my hosts web site.

Help for SAFE_MODE and php scripts

Save php files with extension .ph and it will work like CGI sript. Chmod files and directories to 755.

Well that is just a sort text of what they had in Finnish, i'm too tired now to translate the whole thing.

Anyways i did things in the way they showed and i got it working. I just renamed upgrage.php to upgrade.ph chmodded setting.php and settings_bak.php to 777 and upgrade.ph to 755. It gave some errors but theme got converted. I had to do some modification to index template so that i would be able to find images.

Big thank you for your help in solving/giving hints to problem.

Foorum is about sex novells and stuff about sex and sexuality, and its part of a web site that has all the novells. I'm sorry to say, but they  all are in Finnish.

Ville Sädevuo.
You'll get the idea

I'm all ok.

Advertisement: