News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Joomla 1.0.8 and SMF Bridge

Started by ZowieZ, February 26, 2006, 11:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZowieZ

Is there any reason why Joomla 1.0.8 and the SMF Bridge would cause access problems to the Joomla content blocks?  Since upgrading to 1.0.8 this AM, users listed as "Registered" in Joomla can no longer see items that are set to be displayed only to "Registered" users.

Just trying to check all my options.

Kindred

yes...   did you read the other posts on this subject? ???

Joomla 1.0.8 changes the way the system handles cookies and logins.  This, of course, will break the bridge login function.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ZowieZ

Quote from: Kindred on February 26, 2006, 11:54:05 AM
yes...   did you read the other posts on this subject? ???

Joomla 1.0.8 changes the way the system handles cookies and logins.  This, of course, will break the bridge login function.

After I searched now, yes.  The subjects of the recent posts really didn't provide appropriate clues. 

Back to v1.0.7.... wasted time....

Kindred

hmmm....  just out of curiosity...  how does "Changes in Joomla! 1.0.8 « 1 2  All »" not provide a clue as to the discussion?    ;D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ZowieZ

Quote from: Kindred on February 26, 2006, 12:16:25 PM
hmmm....  just out of curiosity...  how does "Changes in Joomla! 1.0.8 « 1 2  All »" not provide a clue as to the discussion?    ;D

"1.0.8 breaks the SMF Bridge - READ!" would have really clued me in.  ;-)  1.0.7 is reinstalled and all is well after a frustrating morning.  It would have been best if the Joomla folks would have made it clear that 1.0.8 would probably break 3rd party add-ons.  They included that message on page 6 of their announcement article.

Not trying to be overly critical, but if a release is going to break add-ons that folks rely on, that should be placed right up front.

Of course, this is mostly fault for breaking my own rule about waiting to install releases of any software until after all of the install issues have been reported and resolved.  ;-)

Advertisement: