News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Cool Style (Demo)

Started by babylonking, March 15, 2004, 03:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babylonking

What do you guys think of the SMF Cool Style Skin?.......... I'll post more skins very soon.

username= test
password= test

http://www.babylonking.net/vb/index.php

[Unknown]

Don't make me bust out my phpBB theme.

-[Unknown]

babylonking

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 15, 2004, 03:25:58 AM
Don't make me bust out my phpBB theme.

-[Unknown]

Don't bust it just posted  :P

Don't let me now bust more skins  ;)

Corvette

Nice theme but when you said vB, I was expecting something more like vBulletin.

bostasp

That's pretty good! It looks cool and bright at the same time... if that's possible ;)

Cheffu

I find that style very nice, but why you left out some new SMF things, like "Time logged in:", "Unread post since the last visite" (i don't know the exact senteces, because i use smf in german). Whith this things, it were the perfect style.

Gave you this designe anybody, or is this only for you?

babylonking

QuoteNice theme but when you said vB, I was expecting something more like vBulletin.

Just a few touches then the skin will look like vBulletin  ;)

QuoteThat's pretty good! It looks cool and bright at the same time... if that's possible

Thanks  bostasp

QuoteI find that style very nice, but why you left out some new SMF things, like "Time logged in:", "Unread post since the last visite" (i don't know the exact senteces, because i use smf in german). Whith this things, it were the perfect style.

The skin is not finish yet  :)

QuoteGave you this designe anybody, or is this only for you?

No comment right now cuz i'm still designing more skins. 

babylonking

Quote from: Elmo on March 15, 2004, 03:24:49 PM
Too bright colors, get sick eyes with such skin and why must all skin look a like vb, this is not vb. Do some skin that look a like SMF  ;)

My forum members likes the bright color so do I  ;)............ This skin designed for SMF but i name it VB style ......... Don't worry about the VB name cuz it's only a demo skin and is not finish yet........ Also i'm working on a silver skin and buttons  ;)

Cheers  :)

eFishie

WHOA! That's a nice theme! It would be perfect for my forums.

Too bad we can't have it. :'(
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

coder

These images:

and

are a copy (Just changed colors) of  TeamPhotoshops Ambience skin hxxp:www.vbskinz.com/vb3/index.php?styleid=3 [nonactive]

I suggest you remove them

Edit: hxxp:vbskinz.com [nonactive] moved the domain to hxxp:extremepixels.com [nonactive] so the new link to the Ambience skin is:
hxxp:www.extremepixels.com/vb3/index.php?styleid=3 [nonactive]

Edit2:
new link is:
hxxp:www.extremepixels.com/forum/index.php?styleid=32 [nonactive]
Themes for SMF coming soon!

Chris Cromer

They look similar, but they are not the same. And I am not talking about the colors, look at the designs on them.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Tyris

they were created from scratch afaik and yes it is true that that was the vB theme this one was based of (again afaik)... however as he didnt copy anything as such (physically) he's done nothing wrong :-\

babylonking

Quoteare a copy (Just changed colors) of  TeamPhotoshops Ambience skin http://www.vbskinz.com/vb3/index.php?styleid=3

I suggest you remove them

I know they look similar but i designed myself and why don't you enlarge them in photoshop and see by yourself........ I used different watermark and shape for both the skin and the circle and even patterns i made it myself........ man i got to tell you this "before you say i changed the color only enlarge them in photoshop and check the watermark,patterns,shape,curves,style ......thats if you're a real designer.......... Plus I have this design in PSD's and if you don't belief me then thats your problem.......... No i will not remove my own design ..........I know they look similar but who cares if i designed myself.

Cheers !

babylonking

For your information i designed more skins and i'll post them soon but don't tell me you were about to make the same design and i stole your idea :P

babylonking

ok guys I named this skin SMF Cool Skin........ Say bye bye to VB  ;)

eFishie

vB = Bad
Cool = Cool (It's a mathematical truth.)
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

klumy

eFishie

When can we expect the skins to be posted?

:)
--Jon

[Unknown]

I just want to post that, to my knowledge, it's okay to "copy" another product as long as you do it differently.

I mean, how many different pacifiers do you see in stores?

Copyright has to do with whether it is the same, whether they stole your work.  Making something similar, as long as its their own work, is usually okay - but sometimes you get sticky with derivative work.

If you want to be safe - I recommend speaking to a lawyer.  But for general purpose, it should be fine.

-[Unknown]

babylonking

QuoteMaking something similar, as long as its their own work, is usually okay

This what i was trying to point to Coder ......... Similar doesn't mean copycat........ Plus i have my own PSD's for this design.

Thanks [Unknown]

Advertisement: