News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Removing Last Post Colomn

Started by austinderrick2, March 15, 2004, 10:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinderrick2

How can I remove the left <td> that has the last post in it(And everything in the <td>)? I did this with YabbSE but it has changed with SMF...

pulpitfire

BoardIndex.template.php

// Show the "Board name      Topics  Posts    Last Post" header.
echo '
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="5" class="bordercolor">
<tr class="titlebg">
<td colspan="2">', $txt[20], '</td>
<td width="6%" align="center">', $txt[330], '</td>
<td width="6%" align="center">', $txt[21], '</td>
/*here------>*/        <td width="22%" align="center">', $txt[22], '</td>
</tr>';

austinderrick2

Didnt work... Their still there... I'm editing the one in my Themes/converted/ folder...

// Show the "Board name      Topics  Posts    Last Post" header.
    echo '
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="bordercolor" bgcolor="yellow">
    <tr class="titlebg">
        <td colspan="2">', $txt[20], '</td>
        <td width="6%" align="center">', $txt[330], '</td>
        <td width="6%" align="center">', $txt[21], '</td>
    </tr>';

pulpitfire

it'd have to be the BoardIndex.template.php for the theme you are using.  hmm...if you edited that one and it still didn't work, i'm not sure.

austinderrick2

I dont think its using the right BoardIndex.template.php on my forums... Its using another one from somewhere... I can do whatever I want to the file and it doesnt do anything.

austinderrick2

Its the one for the theme I'm using BTW.

[Unknown]

You need to remove more than just that.  Make sure you are editing not classic but converted.

-[Unknown]

austinderrick2

Yah, I'm editing converted for sure...

I'm looking for the other stuff to edit right now...

austinderrick2

ok, I purposly made a parser error to see if it was even using that file and it still worked which means that it is not using the file...

My board index that I'm editing is in the converted themes folder...

[Unknown]

If your website is where you are doing this, it seems like you've modified the default theme and aren't even using the converted one.

Can you provide a link?

-[Unknown]

austinderrick2

Oh wow! I found a bug! :O The forum ALWAYS uses the board index template in the "Themes/default" folder.

[Unknown]

Quote from: austinderrick2 on March 15, 2004, 03:22:16 PM
Oh wow! I found a bug! :O The forum ALWAYS uses the board index template in the "Themes/default" folder.

Umm, no it does not.  I am very sure of this, or else this forum HERE would look very different.

-[Unknown]

austinderrick2

oh...

Well my forum is using the default boardindex.template.php file instead of the one in the folder.... :S

[Unknown]

Check that theme's settings and make sure it's theme directory path is set properly.

-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

Sorry, also remember that case matters: if it finds no BoardIndex.template.php, it WILL use the default one.  So if you named it "boardindex.template.php" it will NOT FIND BoardIndex.template.php.

-[Unknown]

austinderrick2

[Unknown]

Can you pm me with a temporary admin account?

-[Unknown]

Tyris

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 15, 2004, 03:34:09 PM
Sorry, also remember that case matters: if it finds no BoardIndex.template.php, it WILL use the default one.  So if you named it "boardindex.template.php" it will NOT FIND BoardIndex.template.php.

-[Unknown]
is it case sensitive on Win machines too? (not that I care... just interested...)

austinderrick2

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 15, 2004, 04:23:04 PM
Can you pm me with a temporary admin account?

-[Unknown]

check your PM's

austinderrick2

While your at it it would be cool if you could figure out how come
I can't edit index.php and style.css in the admin panel (Submit button is frozen)

Advertisement: