After sending Posting go to Posting not to Forum

Started by redlabour, February 27, 2006, 02:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redlabour

Hi,

first i thought there is something buggy but now i know that this is default.  :o

Please correct the following :

1. User reads Thread
2. User replys or edits or quotes ...
3. User klick´s : "Post".

Why is he now redirected to the Forum and not to the Thread/Posting he was.  :o

I hope this is a Bug and not a Feature. ;)

http://www.politikstube.de - die christliche Politikcommunity

Aitsukai

You can change that yourself. I can't say exactly how because my host seems to be down, but you need to reset all members' options. On that page you'll see an option labeled 'Redirect back to thread after posting', you need to enable that.

redlabour

http://www.politikstube.de - die christliche Politikcommunity

anunlike

Quote from: Aitsukai on February 27, 2006, 02:40:25 PMYou can change that yourself. I can't say exactly how because my host seems to be down, but you need to reset all members' options. On that page you'll see an option labeled 'Redirect back to thread after posting', you need to enable that.

That will allow the admin to change the default options for all members.

Any member can still change their own individual settings (which only affects them) ...
"Profile" > "Look and Layout" > Make sure "Return to topics after posting by default." is checked.

Col

Quote from: Aitsukai on February 27, 2006, 02:40:25 PM
You can change that yourself. I can't say exactly how because my host seems to be down, but you need to reset all members' options. On that page you'll see an option labeled 'Redirect back to thread after posting', you need to enable that.

I can't find the global option for this. Can someone point to it for me? - Thanks.

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Col

Thanks,

I looked at the right section, kept looking through the checkboxes, but kept missing the link: "Change the default member specific options". ;) Just when you think you have found all the functions, there's a whole new area you knew existed! :D

Advertisement: