recent posts on index with yabbse-1.5.5 -> smf-v1b4

Started by Mike O, March 15, 2004, 02:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike O

In the 'Recent Posts' section of the board index page, I see only this text:

View the 10 most recent posts on the forum. "" is the most recently updated topic ()

(that is two double-quotes with nothing between, and an open paren followed directly by a close paren at the end)

Smack me with clue bat please...

(fyi - I also had the 'ob_end_flush' problem, but solved that by commenting out those lines in Subs.php)
--
mike o

[Unknown]

Please try recounting your totals in Admin -> Forum Maintenance.

-[Unknown]

Mike O

--
mike o

[Unknown]

Mike O

sure...

http://michael.gargantuan.com/yabbse/index.php [nofollow]

One thing to note, however... I just logged out, and viewing the forum as a guest reveals the most recent post, just as it should... but, when I log back in, I am presented with that error again.
--
mike o

[Unknown]

Mike O

yep, that's the trick... I had all categories collapsed, and got the error.  I expanded one of the catagories and was presented with the most recent post FROM THAT CATEGORY, not overall.

is this by design?  I would like to see the most recent post (that I have access to see by permission), regardless of the category expand/collapse state.  I had a mod installed in YABBSE 1.5.5 that would do this expansion/contraction effect, and it had no effect on the 'recent post' feature.

thanks.
--
mike o

Mike O

Update....

Theme and Layout Settings
  L--> Theme Settings - SMF Default Theme
    L--> Theme Options and Preferences
      L--> Show recent posts bar on board index?

• Enable single post - this fails to show a single post when all categories are collapsed
  • Enable multiple posts - this shows multiple posts, as it should, regardless of category expand/collapse
--
mike o

Mike O

[Unknown] - I kinda like the view from "Enable multiple posts", so this really isn't an issue anymore, unless you just feel like fixing the "Enable single post" view when all categories are collapsed... in your spare time  ;D
--
mike o

Advertisement: