News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

System Verification Error

Started by aquahearts88, October 20, 2004, 08:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquahearts88

Hello, I have installed RC2 about four days ago and it seems to be working fine, except for one problem. Yesterday, my friend told me that she gets the following error message when she tries to log out:

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

She also said that she cannot post. However, I can post and log out just fine.

Does anyone know why this is the case and how to rectify the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tara
xxxxxx

[Unknown]

A link to your forum would be greatly helpful for debugging (and, possibly even a test account.)

You may also wish to ask her to try clearing her cookies (they may have become corrupted for some reason.)  Another thing to check is whether database-driven sessions are enabled or not - if they are, try disabling them... if they aren't, try enabling them.

-[Unknown]

aquahearts88

Hi, Unknown, thank you for the reply. Here's the link to my forum:

hxxp:bgfstudio.5gigs.com/moreprotein_smf/index.php [nonactive]

test account:  username = test
                     password = abc

Where are the database driven sessions located? I tried searching in the Admin but I didn't see the option for it ... maybe I overlooked it?

Tara
xxxxxx

[Unknown]

Your server seems to be holding sessions properly, but if you're not using database-driven sessions, it may be a good idea to do so.

Admin -> Edit Features and Options -> Use database driven sessions.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: