News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Spell Check [Merged]

Started by Senkusha, March 15, 2004, 11:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

SMF figures this out by checking to see if the function pspell_new() exists - if it does, then SMF assumes it will work on the server, otherwise SMF says it won't.

What does this give you?

<?php
// Show ALL errors, regardless of how minor they might be
error_reporting(E_ALL);

// Open english dictionary
pspell_new('en');

// A bad spelling of "spelled"... This should generate a lot of suggestions
$suggestions pspell_suggest('spelt');
echo 
'Suggestions for "spelt":<br />';
foreach(
$suggestions AS $a_word)
{
    echo 
$suggestion '<br />';
}
?>

That should give you an error message, since SMF doesn't think that pspell_new exists...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Jay?

Okay - Here's a fun one for ya ;)

I have a 2 SMF installations on one server - one site is novahomebrew.com and the other is homebrewclubs.com.  For some reason novahomebrew.com spell checker work without any issues all is happy, however homebrewclubs.com (which is a fresh install) does not have the spell check button.  I have red thru the thread and tried a few different items (copying spellcheck.js file) and it had no impact.

Anyone have any ideas :)
-Jay

Jay?

Now the bloody thing is working - no idea why!  Is there a lag on a system check it does or something?!
-Jay

jklapp

Quote from: spiros on December 20, 2005, 11:09:47 AM
I have pspell compiled to php and English spell check works fine.

How did you fix this?? I got the same problem

QuoteThe specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

abnormal program termination
Unhandled Error: E:\Program Files\Aspell\dict/en-only.rws: The file "E:\Program Files\Aspell\data/iso8859-1.dat" is not in the proper format.

I was told the problem is the dictionary files are windows-formatted (but need to be unix-formatted).

Advertisement: