Should Language Support Board add one more child?

Started by l3minh, March 07, 2006, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l3minh

Should Language Support Board add one more child board for Vietnamese? I found that there's a lot of Vietnamese IT prefer SMF, but at this moment they don't have a public room to discuss. So can SMF Community give us one place in this forum?

Anyway thanks.

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Daniel D.

One thing I'm trying to achieve since many weeks (a board for every language), but it's not easy to work for a thing against many team members... :(

l3minh

Quote from: Daniel D. on March 08, 2006, 03:52:20 AM
but it's not easy to work for a thing against many team members... :(

I don't get what you mean? Which thing against many team members?

Daniel D.

I want a board for every language which is translated in SMF, but some team members are against it. It's hard to achieve this if you're not the admin ;).

l3minh

IC.

So that's mean you can not add one more board for Vietnamese :( I dont think there's someone againts vietnamese language :(

Daniel D.

Quote from: l3minh on March 08, 2006, 05:09:52 AM
IC.

So that's mean you can not add one more board for Vietnamese :( I dont think there's someone againts vietnamese language :(
No, nobody(!) is, but I'm fed up discussing such minor things with the team. I'll try it again. :)

Dannii

If the need is there, a board will be made eventually. But understand that a board for each of the world's 6000 languages cannot happen ;)
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Daniel D.

Quote from: eldacar on March 08, 2006, 06:46:55 AM
If the need is there, a board will be made eventually. But understand that a board for each of the world's 6000 languages cannot happen ;)
::) - even if it was a joke...

Amacythe

I have no objections to creating boards as long as you have someone able to moderate them that is fluent in the language AND able to offer support.

l3minh

I'm trying to find someone that can good in English and well-understanding SMF, but till now is quite hard to do. Since I can understand Eng, but not very well in SMF support.

ilmainen

klumy

Sheepy

Is it possible to have a board first with a non-technical admin, in order to attract others who are technical enough?

A google for Lewis Media in Vietnamese popups up only 3 unique sites...
But it may not be an accurate indication of SMF's popularity. A local search engine may fare better.

http://www.google.com.vn/search?hl=vi&q=Lewis+Media&btnG=T%C3%ACm+v%E1%BB%9Bi+Google&meta=cr%3DcountryVN

Advertisement: