News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

MKportal SMF registration issue

Started by meester fox, March 25, 2005, 03:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meester fox

I can't seem to register for my forum correctly. It works every once in a while. something it says "an erro has occured" but the problem i get now, and what other people get, is it'll go ti ?=register, then register2, then right back to register.

this is a fresh install of SMF, right off the download section.

in the error log of SMF i get the following:
8: Undefined index: password
File: /home/qdork/public_html/qummunity/Sources/Register.php
Line: 133

I had this problem before, and I just went and reinstalled everything fresh, hoping it would flush the problem. it didn't.

I toyed with the member permisions in SMF, but I fail to see how that would affect this. I have member activation set, and before when i had immediate activation, it worked. now when i put it back to immediate acitvation, it doesn't work.

I'm clearing out my cookies and quiting my browser for this.. so i should appear as a new user.

I did a search but couldn't find any results that didn't match my problem.

in short, help!!!!
Qdork is my SMF/mkportal website. Nothing amazing. A few mods, iTunes giveaways, and decent members.

[Unknown]

You cannot register two times in a row...

-[Unknown]

meester fox

Well I know that. I've read that polenty of times.

I got an e-mail today from a member who was trying to register, but said they couldn't. I checked the error log of the forum, and there was nothing in it. So far, the two errors I've heard of are: the user get's to register2, but then it redirects right back to register. so as far as they see, it just reloads the registration page.

the other error some people get is "you are not authorized to view..."  whatever the rest of it is, after submiting the registration.

now, i've had people sign up just fine. So it's not something that happens all the time. But it happens enough for it to be annoying.

So brand new people are trying to sign up as well, and get an error. It's just not in the forum error log, so I can't really be too much more specific at the moment.
Qdork is my SMF/mkportal website. Nothing amazing. A few mods, iTunes giveaways, and decent members.

[Unknown]

Can you give me a link, then, so I can test it myself?

Hope you don't mind a few test accounts :P.

-[Unknown]

meester fox

i would love if you tested it out. i don't mind if you don't.

www.qdork.com  is the site address. the register link is on the left.

the thing is, SOME people have signed up fine. but even today, i got an e-mail from someone saying "I still haven't managed to sign up. Every time i try ti just reloads the register page and i never receive a confirmation."

so maybe it's a browser problem? cookies? something to do with mkportal? permissions? I haven't a clue. and it's still not showing up in the log.

meester fox

Unknown, you're yet to test it out.  Which is fine, i'm sure your a busy bee. but is there anything I can do in the meantime to try and fix this problem? i've got members who would like to register but can't. only a few have actually e-mailed me about it.  I signed them up through the backend to make it easier on them. but for the rest, i can't do it.

should i try reloading SMF again? since it seems to be some issue between the register and register2 files... i don't know how often changes are made to the avalible downloads. but i only downloaded this version a week ago or so from the site.

caNcer_b0y

i had the same issue. 

You need to check the code that you added to /Source/Subs.php

The second block of code that you add to the file is a bit further down that at first you would think.

I have seen this error on many other sites as well and rechecking your code SHOULD fix it.

Read the directions VERY carefuly!!!

because i kind of flew through the install process, and i had errors.

find the code:
if ($do_footer)
   {
      // Just show the footer, then.
      loadSubTemplate(isset($context['sub_template']) ? $context['sub_template'] : 'main');
      template_footer();

// (since this is just debugging... it's okay that it's after </html>.)
      db_debug_junk();
   }
add below:
//added from MKportal
   if($FORUM_VIEW == 1 && !$checkaction) {
      require_once $MK_PATH."mkportal/include/boardmod/smf_out.php";
      mkportal_board_out();
   }
//end added

Read that VERY well, because it seems to be THIS set of added code that is the problem.
If you use a remote server to edit your files, use the find text command and find the code that way!

with pico its ctrl+w
i dont know VI or any of the other ones.

anyhow i hope that helps!!!!

caNcer_b0y

****EDIT****

this does seem to be a problem with a good many people installing MKPortal.

No offence, but people(me included) just didnt read the directions clearly enough...

a seat to kb error ;)
My Forum [nofollow]

meester fox

you seem like you know what your talking about, which is good. But I checked the code, and it looks like this:
Quote$header_done = true;
   }
   if ($do_footer)
   {
      // Just show the footer, then.
      loadSubTemplate(isset($context['sub_template']) ? $context['sub_template'] : 'main');
      template_footer();

// (since this is just debugging... it's okay that it's after </html>.)
      db_debug_junk();
   }
//added from MKportal
   if($FORUM_VIEW == 1 && !$checkaction) {
      require_once $MK_PATH."mkportal/include/boardmod/smf_out.php";
      mkportal_board_out();
   }
//end added

// Remember this URL in case someone doesn't like sending HTTP_REFERER.

Which, last time i checked, is how it should be. Unless I missed something.  I used GoLive, found the code, and put the new code after it.  if there is something wrong with how i added it, i'm open to suggestions. I'm not one for ego trips. If I messed up, I messed up. I just want it to work.

johnm

i also get quite a few members complaining about this at http://smfgames.com

but i have been unable to reproduce this problem for my self

ill raise it at mkportals dev site

JewelCG

Finally found this thread... I'm having the same problem.. ~grrrrr~ 

meester fox

meester fox

UPDATE:

I asked a member who was having issues with it to try firefox. apparently they already were. So they went back to IE with the same trouble.  So... i suppose it isn't a browser issue, then. Security settings, perhaps?

meester fox

ATTENTION:  problem solved. 

check the mkportal post: http://www.mkportal.it/forum/index.php?showtopic=8182&st=0&p=43581

or:
  Today, 01:28 PM
Post #14

MKportal Author

Group: Development Team
Member No.: 1
Board: Other
MKportal: (M)ultiboard

Ok fixed.

edit file mkportal/include/boardmod/smf_out.php

find line:

$titlepage = "forum";
if (array_key_exists('page_title', $context)) {
  $titlepage = $context['page_title'];
}

add after:

$_SESSION['old_url'] = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
$_SESSION['USER_AGENT'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];

Advertisement: