News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Helios Multicolor

Started by Bloc, March 08, 2006, 08:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

Link to the theme

Helios was one of my first SMF themes ever made, and is now updated to work with SMF 2.0. The original is kept as much as possible, even the markup follows that. But new icons, newer javascript code and support for Curve-based sections has been added.

Note that it does NOT use dropdown menus, neither in profile/PM/admin sections - where the sidebar is used instead.This was done to be true to the origin of the theme.

eriktm

The "Link to the theme" isn`t working.

I think it should be http://themes.simplemachines.org/index.php?lemma=1

By the way, Great theme Bloc. First in the new theme-site!

Thantos

Yeah he created that theme when we still doing the inital testing.  We did a wipe after that but kept Helios.  I'll fix it in a sec.

eriktm

junkyfungus

This theme rocks! It was so easy to install and flawless add of Google Adsense. I love it.
My mother always said there were no stupid questions, only really stupid people – It took me a long time to figure out she was talking about me.

TolerancE

Hi guys, noob here. I am using the multi Helios theme and love it! The only thing I dislike is the fact that in all layouts I have the avatar and the "Hey, TolerancE, you have 2 messages, 0 are new.
Total time logged in: 11 hours and 32 minutes. Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts. "
at the top left near my banner. I would like to remove that and was wondering it there is anyone willing to assist me in doing so?

the board is located at...

hxxp:www.theringsidevoice.com/smf/ [nonactive]

Again, I'm a noob at this so everyone please bare with me as I learn. Thanks a million!

ots132642

Like the poster before i'm also a n00b in SMF.
Just installed this theme and damm there must be 1 hell of a new theme to beat this 1.

Ok to the point.

In the dmoe there is a nice side bar integrated in to the forum.
Now i like to add this also to my new forum.
Any guide on how to do this?

bloc

The demo-site use a portal mod that will expand the forum - with sidebars like that. So what you see is the portal version of the theme, which is identical, except for a call to the "bars".

sniper_devil

finally, a decent theme, thats multi colour so people can have what they want.

ots132642

Quote from: Bloc on April 20, 2006, 07:20:46 PM
The demo-site use a portal mod that will expand the forum - with sidebars like that. So what you see is the portal version of the theme, which is identical, except for a call to the "bars".
Ah ok but where can i get that portal mod myself?

bloc

Its free to download and try out, but since its still in beta stage, you need to register there to download it. http://www.tinyportal.net

kurtl

Hi,

I just upgraded my 1.0.7 installation to 1.1 rc2.  After I did this the "new" icon doesn't work anymore on any theme except the default smf.  Instead of the "new" taking me to the most recent unread message it just opens the first message, as if I had clicked on the thread name.  I mainly use Helios on my forum, if that helps.  Is there some code that I'm missing somewhere?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kurt

(edit: I didn't post this here, a moderator moved it onto this thread.  I guess they thought it was more appropriate. Sorry)

crazystu

Quote from: kurtl on April 24, 2006, 10:14:06 PM
Hi,

I just upgraded my 1.0.7 installation to 1.1 rc2.  After I did this the "new" icon doesn't work anymore on any theme except the default smf.  Instead of the "new" taking me to the most recent unread message it just opens the first message, as if I had clicked on the thread name.  I mainly use Helios on my forum, if that helps.  Is there some code that I'm missing somewhere?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kurt

(edit: I didn't post this here, a moderator moved it onto this thread.  I guess they thought it was more appropriate. Sorry)
uninstall the 1.0.7 version of helios and install the 1.1 rc2 version of helios

kurtl

Yeah, I have done a bunch of customizing on the verison I already have installed, so I was hoping there was another way. 

I guess if no one has any other suggestions I'll do that.

Thanks,
Kurt

Edit:
I just looked at the downloads, I have the most up-to-date helio_multi installed.  That's not it.

kurtl

Actually I just tried re-installing Helios_multi for 1.1 rc2 and the "new" function doesn't work still.  Any ideas?

thanks
Kurt

kurtl

Nevermind, I found it.

The problem was in MessageIndex.template.php

Search for ".from" change it to ".msg".  Problem solved.

eurojax

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
I'm using helios multi11 rc2 theme.  When I try to change the color of the theme to "blue", it reverts back to default.  I installed it using the one-click-install on Theme Administration.  I have tried reloading it, with no avail.  Any ideas?

Are there subforum abilities with SM?  If no, is there a mod out there for it?

Thanks much!

eurojax

bloc

1. I am not sure why..normally this works as it should. Is your 1.1RC2 very old btw?

2. Yes, when editing boards, set the order as "under" to be a childboard of another board.

Rikash

How do I get themes installed without having to spend hours copying files over from my computer to my host?

bloc

Use admin / themes and settings / install new theme / browse - get the theme zip file and press install.

Advertisement: