News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Profiles

Started by Anz, March 16, 2004, 01:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anz

G'Day Blokes,

firstly, congratulations on a bluddy bewdiful piece of work  ;)

Question:

I have tried to remove the position of "Newbie etc" from administrator and moderator permissions through all the command menus available under admin but failed to do so. Could you please direct me to where I can do this?

Thanks in advance and may I add, you have without a doubt set an exceptional and credible benchmark any rivals will envy and the mind only boggles at the prospect of what the future will bring with your combined talents.

Cheers,
Anz

MrCue

i dont think you can remove the first 4? positions.
I am neither a Pessimist nor an Optimist, Just a Realist.

Eve-Online Forum | View Latest Eve-Online Kills | Site Map | SMF Installation

bostasp

It is possible to remove the post based groups appart from "Newbie", because it is the default group, you can rename this though, and play with it all you like :)

pulpitfire

why remove it?  just change the name to something else, and set the post count to what you want :)

Grudge

Yes, just rename it to either blank or something you want everyone to have under their name
I'm only a half geek really...

morph

EDIT: whoooops mis-read this :-\

Coming soon!

Anz

Thanks for the quick response all  :D

The reason I had for removing the "positions" from admin and globals only was because I'm setting up a new board and I can just  second guess some members comments on a newbie administrator running the show........lol

I did overcome this by inflating the post count, but thought there might have been a "cleaner" way of doing this.

No big deal, I can live with it  ;)

Cheers,
Anz

[Unknown]

Oh, is that all?  I've posted a simple change to your Display template for this purpose in a few places...

-[Unknown]

morph

Haha well thats is what I posted in the first place, oh well :P

Coming soon!

Advertisement: