News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problem with premissions

Started by Aaron Nelsen, March 17, 2004, 12:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Nelsen

I have two users who I've given the same rank with the same premissions, however only one of them can view the Who's Online, when both of them should be able to. What's up with that?

[Unknown]

Are they in the same groups exactly?  (as far as additional groups etc.)

Do they have the same number of posts, roughly? (as in, is their post group the same?)

-[Unknown]

Aaron Nelsen

They're both setup with this rank as their primary member group, and its not a post based rank.
Hmm.. okay, I think I see what you're getting at, I'll go check out their post counts... Yup, that must be it, one of 'em is about 3 post groups above the other, and if I remember correctly the lower post group doesn't have premission to view the Who's Online.

[Unknown]

Remember that DENY IS EXTREME.  If you deny a permission, they CANNOT have it period.  You probably want it blank, which just does not give it to them.

-[Unknown]

Aaron Nelsen

Alright, thanks.

Quick question, if I have karma enabled and just leave the "Change other people's karma" premission blank, will that group still be able to vote?

[Unknown]

Maybe.  Blank means no.  It's like if you're asking your parents for something, and they say, "we'll see."  It means no.

Blank means, quite literrally, "we'll see." It makes no promises, but leaves the permission up to the other groups the member belongs to.

-[Unknown]

Aaron Nelsen

Advertisement: