News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Theme] Midnight Ocean (SMF 1.1 RC2)

Started by Wolfenrook, March 11, 2006, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfenrook

Well this one took me a while as it is my most complex theme yet!  In browsers other than Internet Explorer this theme uses png images and transparencies, but in IE it automatically switches the css file used to one using gif images and less transparency.  So basically this is sort of 2 themes in one.

It is based on a background created by xG Hopx (used with authors permission), and uses shades of blue and gray to create a theme that is pleasing to the eye.

Click the pic for the live demo of this theme

You can download this theme from here.

I hope you folks like this theme.  Please bare in mind that it is designed for use by people with fairly fast connections and computers, and is hence very image heavy.

Wolfenrook.
Thoughts are free, it's their consequences that often have a cost.

pldb

Like it very much, pity it isn't available for 1.0.6.  Also a slight comment, the blue writing by folders are hard to see on the grey background! I was looking for a watery theme a few months ago.

Dresdan

You can edit the theme's css to allow the transparency with IE by adding

-moz-opacity:0.8;
   filter:alpha(opacity=80);

You can also adjust the level of transparency by playing with this.

Very nice theme by the way.  I have installed it on my test forum and am playing with it.  Looks great. :D

Wolfenrook

Yeah I considered doing that for the IE CSS, but decided not to as it still wouldn't have given the same look as using png images.

eriktm

Do you have a set of buttons ready to be translated?

And; do you have a live preview of the admin-center?

Wolfenrook

Right, button set details are in this thread http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=75864.msg509946#msg509946 .

I don't have a live preview available of the admin-center I'm afraid, this would give people too much control and be a big security risk.  I have taken a screenshot of it though in Opera 9:-

Crip

Looks great .. a [Forum] button would be a nice addiction. ;)

crip~ 8)
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

eriktm

Aaron

Wolfenrook

eriktm

Considering make it for 1.1 Final? (when it comes)

eriktm

And; pic-problem:

(click pic to show bigger)

Wolfenrook

You using a high res monitor by any chance?  As the theme is designed for 1280x1024 so bigger than that and the pic wont fit right.  I will have a look to find out how to get the background to resize automatically, but I'm making no promises.  Oh and yeah, once 1.1 goes final I will update this theme as soon as I can.

Wolfenrook.

eriktm

Wolfenrook

Right I have made a couple of small alterations to this theme:-

1) the background image is now larger to allow for higher resolutions, unfortunately this means that it is also slightly larger filesize.
2) Fixed a bug I found in the Boardindex template file.

Download link is in first post of this thread.

Wolfenrook

Skipdawg

Skipdawg's Community