Global Moderators can't moderate any board :(

Started by Henrik Samuelsson, March 16, 2004, 04:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henrik Samuelsson

I don't know what I do wrong. But I cant get any one to have global moderate access at any board. The can get into administrate but not to delete/change posts. I have almost given them all rights too my board.
I'm using CVS version 1.442.
Any one else having the same problems ???
Regards / Henrik S.

Chris Cromer

Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

warrior

Chris Cromer

Oh sorry didn't realize it was a private board, I just used search to find the topic... here is a quote from [Unknown]:

QuoteIf you have DENY in *OTHER GROUPS* it can deny global moderators from being able to do it.  Generalyl you should NOT USE deny.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Henrik Samuelsson

Quote from: Chris Cromer on March 16, 2004, 04:52:27 PM
Oh sorry didn't realize it was a private board, I just used search to find the topic... here is a quote from [Unknown]:

QuoteIf you have DENY in *OTHER GROUPS* it can deny global moderators from being able to do it.  Generalyl you should NOT USE deny.

Thanks :) This helped a lotfor me. Is it just me...  Permissions dosen't feel finnished at all yet. I love the way it looks. Hope it is going too be easier in the future.
Regards / Henrik S.

[Unknown]

Why don't permissions feel finished yet?  Because you feel the need to set everything to deny and thus it breaks things?

Remember, deny TAKES the permission.  So if I'm a Global Moderator and I'm also a "Newbie" (because I only have 10 posts)... the DENIES from the Newbie group TAKE all the permissions from me.  DENY is very very extreme.  Use it like BANNING, not like turning things off.

-[Unknown]

Henrik Samuelsson

Maybe I seek for some simplicity in that area... It's just a feeling I had.
I think I understand why thare is 'deny, blank, allow'. This make permissions super safe. But a way too rank difrent group som if I give a newbie global moderators status That should grant him/her every were eccept for those boards thare I have set up special roles that efects global moderators.

Hope I have clearafied my self. ;)

Great work on SMF [Unknown] and SMF Team  8)
Regards / Henrik S.

[Unknown]

Yes, but deny OVERWRITES allow.  It's like this:

permissions += test, test2, test3

permissions -= test, test2

So if they are denied from any of the groups the global moderator is in, he will not get those permissions.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: