Board Viewers

Started by Yağız..., March 12, 2006, 05:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

420Connect.co.uk

Hey all,

I'm attempting to use this mod but am finding it won't "show" although the relevant checkboxes are enabled...
after a little digging around, it appears the "favourite boards" mod I'm also using, both edit the same line and wondered if anyone with a good understanding of php can help having these 2 work together:
(I do find the X members, X Guests to show if you have favourited the category but not by default?)

I believe the line that needs tweaked is:

<td class="info">
<a class="subject" href="', $board['href'], '" name="b', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</a>',(!empty($modSettings['enable_board_viewers'])) ? $board['viewer_text'] : '','', fav_links($board['id']);

Much appreciated if anyone can help !
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Impsat-1

Wow!!!... Excellent MOD!!! Fine Working in SMF 2.0.10.... Thanks to Author

Thanks & Regards!!!
Have a Great Time 8).-
Vive Cáda Momento De Tu Vida Como Si Fueras a Irte Mañana, Más Planificala Cómo Si Jamás Fueras a Irte ;).-

sakis11111

is there any way to make text smaller?

The text ..... and 0 Guests are viewing this board is very big

aegersz

This fails to install on my (extensively modified) site and my best guess, after looking at the code, is that the Board-color-and-icons   1.1 mod is conflicting with it, as i noticed that in the first error.

you may want to you code around that.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

sakis11111

I tried coding but I didnt have any success. If I change some specific values on index.css, other text changes too, something that I dont want to happen

Paracelsus

Quote from: sakis11111 on October 18, 2016, 09:32:05 PM
I tried coding but I didnt have any success. If I change some specific values on index.css, other text changes too, something that I dont want to happen

You can specifically target on css without changing other text, what's your forum?

sakis11111

Thank you Para.

Yes, I know that and I have made a ton of changes like this but this one refuses to change without changing other text too.

Anyway, I will see what I will do about this. If no one can give me an answer the next 2-3 days we can close the thread

Paracelsus

Quote from: sakis11111 on October 19, 2016, 01:04:17 PM
Thank you Para.

Yes, I know that and I have made a ton of changes like this but this one refuses to change without changing other text too.

Anyway, I will see what I will do about this. If no one can give me an answer the next 2-3 days we can close the thread

I've also struggled with it but got it in the end, you just need to get the CSS right (did it on our forum, check it out with chromes inspect element).

sakis11111

thats exactly what I do Para. I checked it in different ways and many times but nothing. It seems that maybe the code of this mod is tight with other letters of smf code.

But you said that you did it? You had exactly the same issue or it was just similar?

Paracelsus

Quote from: sakis11111 on October 19, 2016, 07:05:08 PM
thats exactly what I do Para. I checked it in different ways and many times but nothing. It seems that maybe the code of this mod is tight with other letters of smf code.

But you said that you did it? You had exactly the same issue or it was just similar?

I had a similar issue, it was hard to change CSS without affecting other areas. In our forum it had to be like this:
td.info > span.smalltext {
padding: 5px 0px;
-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
font-family: "Open Sans";
color: #444;
}

That's why I'm telling you it's possible, you just have to nail the CSS right.

sakis11111

I finally find the solution guys, thank you for posting. By the way, do you know how to remove the borders on a table? I need the table as it is but without the vertical and horizontal lines that separate things

thenakedscientists

I am looking to create a "What's the most popular thread right now?" menu link for my forum; this would not be based on posts but on numbers of people viewing a thread.

It looks like this would be a relatively simple modification to this existing mod, which already seems to gather most of the data I'd be looking to marshall. But can anyone point me in the right direction to get started in terms of how to identify the thread at any moment in time with the most people looking at it?

Thanks

aegersz

I think i dropped this mod and switched to dougiefresh's List Of Users In Topic or Board mod because of some conflicts, but forget about that for now.

firstly, I suggest that you confirm that this mod installs and works correctly on your system.

it probably will but it's worth checking before you start making any changes to the mod.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Richard K

I love this mod but would love it more if we could see the numbers of viewers in individual topics.  Is there a way to rewrite the code to do this?  I have no idea how to code so that is why I am asking.  Thanks.

Advertisement: