News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Bridge v1.1.3 CVS-20060313 Test before release

Started by Aravot, March 13, 2006, 03:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aravot

Database Version: 5.0.18-standard-log
PHP Version: 4.4.2
Web Server: Apache/1.3.33
Joomla! 1.0.8 (Session Authentication Method: Level 3 Security Default & Highest) selected
SMF 1.1 RC2+ Not released yet
Bridge v1.1.3 CVS20060313 Not released yet
Firefox 1.0.7

Cache - deleted
Internet temp files – deleted
Cookies - deleted

Installation was find both module and mambot was published by default, template code not added as suggested in the accompanying readme file.

Auto create path not detecting forum (used to work/find path in previous version)

Smf Bridge -> Configuration -> Registration (tab)
CB check box not getting saved, however the check box in Simple Machine Forum Registration section seems to work.

Smf Bridge -> Configuration -> Registration (tab)
SMF Forum integration (drop down selection list) - except Community Builder registration the rest no matter which selected shows SMF registration.

• Use Bridge Registration (shows SMF Registration)
  • Use Mambo/Joomla Registration (shows SMF Registration)
  • Use Community Builder Registration (OK - shows CB Registration)
  • Use Mambo/Charge Registration (Don't have this installed)

Is Simple Machine Forum Registration required same info can be found in Smf Bridge -> Configuration -> Registration (tab)

When registering new user using SMF Registration (haven't tried the rest) after user is registered it displays the forum unwrapped even though wrapped is selected and user is not in Joomla backend have to logout go back to Joomla page and login again with the newly created user for info to be displayed in Joomla backend.

User groups seems not to be working, correct me if I am wrong.

SMF Group                          Mambo Group (forgot to write/add Joomla ;D)
      Administrator         =      Super Administrator
Global Administrator     =          Administrator

After registering two users Test and Demo using SMF Registration I made Demo user site moderator, next in Joomla backend Smf Bridge -> Configuration -> Synch (tab) click on Synchronize Mambo/Joomla users according to saved settings but the Demo user in Joomla backend is displayed as Registered so is Administrator shouldn't be changed to Administrator and Super Administrator

When sync is done in IE I get User: Group 18 message but not in FF

Somehow I got a ghost user registered after sync?

Manually Changed Demo user to Administrator however cannot login into Joomla backend get 'Invalid username, password' message but can login in the frontend.

Haven't tested synching user to and from SMF <=> Joomla

Kindred

Ok...   I sent this to Orstio in PM, but I'll post my results here as well...

Joomla 1.0.7
SMF 1.1RC2 (standard release)
Bridge v1.1.3 CVS20060313
IE, Firefox///

Installation of the component installed
SMF - Bridge component
Simple Machines Forum Regsitration Component (mistake? Same as registration tab)
Login module (mod_smf_login)
Forum Menu item (still pointing to a non-existant component, had to delete and add a new forum item)

system mambot auto-installation failed
(installed manually)

in the component config:
Auto create path fails
sync users from joomla to smf causes the joomla admin menu to break, (odd) but successfully syncs the users
sync users from smf to joomla works perfectly.
sync usergroups is amazing!   (Orstio, will this work with JACL as well as the standard joomla groups??)

On the front end...
I think there is some issue with my system mambot, (possibly since it did not properly install?) since I am getting errors similar to what would happen without the proper coding in the template.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aravot

Quote from: Kindred on March 13, 2006, 03:14:41 PM
sync usergroups is amazing!   (Orstio, will this work with JACL as well as the standard joomla groups??)

For me that didn't work, users remain as Registered in J! backend, will test more after lunch break

Kindred

migth be related to my bot problems... but every single module for the previous version of the bridge fails.  We'll see what happens when I figure out what's going on with the errors...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

Thanks for the testing guys.  I have some things to work on before release, then.  :)

Quotesync usergroups is amazing!   (Orstio, will this work with JACL as well as the standard joomla groups??)

That depends on how JACL works.  If it just extends the current ACL, it will probably work.

Orstio

QuoteAuto create path not detecting forum (used to work/find path in previous version)

Again, it is only playing a guessing game.  If the name of the directory is not obvious, like smf, community, forum, etc. it cannot find it.  Your directory name of smf11 will confuse it significantly.

QuoteSmf Bridge -> Configuration -> Registration (tab)
CB check box not getting saved, however the check box in Simple Machine Forum Registration section seems to work.

Yeah, I'm not liking checkboxes much.  That, and I'm not sure how many people are actually going to use bridge registration with the CB option when they can just choose CB registration instead....

QuoteSmf Bridge -> Configuration -> Registration (tab)
SMF Forum integration (drop down selection list) - except Community Builder registration the rest no matter which selected shows SMF registration.

Use Bridge Registration (shows SMF Registration)
Use Mambo/Joomla Registration (shows SMF Registration)
Use Community Builder Registration (OK - shows CB Registration)
Use Mambo/Charge Registration (Don't have this installed)

This was weird, but I fixed it.  I take it the link was wrong only in the login module, and not on the wrapped forum?

QuoteWhen registering new user using SMF Registration (haven't tried the rest) after user is registered it displays the forum unwrapped even though wrapped is selected and user is not in Joomla backend have to logout go back to Joomla page and login again with the newly created user for info to be displayed in Joomla backend.

Is there anything in your forum error log?  I'm thinking this may have to do with the undefined $VERSION variable.... (Which is just a typo  ::) )

QuoteSomehow I got a ghost user registered after sync?

Strange....

QuoteManually Changed Demo user to Administrator however cannot login into Joomla backend get 'Invalid username, password' message but can login in the frontend.

You also need to change it in the ACL tables.

Aravot

Quote from: Orstio on March 13, 2006, 08:23:15 PM
Is there anything in your forum error log?  I'm thinking this may have to do with the undefined $VERSION variable.... (Which is just a typo  ::) )

I have the following errors in forum log.

Quotehttp://www.mysite.com/smf11/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;action=login2
8: Undefined variable: VERSION
File: /home/.negotiator/mysite.com/joomla/components/com_smf/smf.php
Line: 652

http://www.mysite.com/smf11/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;action=profile2
2: Missing argument 3 for db_query()
File: /home/.negotiator/mysite.com/smf11/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 237

QuoteYou also need to change it in the ACL tables.
Changed but can't login into J! backend if user is registered through bridge.

Created a user in Joomla backend, synced with SMF worked fine (except see below +), in Joomla backend changed the user to Administrator, was able to login into Joomla backend using the newly created user account, all OK up to here, next ...
I created another user using SMF Registration, after creating the user in SMF Admin assigned the user as Moderator than in Joomla backend used the group sync option to sync groups so now in Joomla the user changed from Registered to Administrator however I can not login into Joomla backend using that user, during sync something must be getting screwed.

+
Sync Mambo/Joomla to SMF working fine however user in SMF appears without position.

Orstio did you login cause I don't have you in Joomla backend.

Orstio

QuoteOrstio did you login cause I don't have you in Joomla backend.

No, I didn't.  One of the problems with immediate registration is that it attempts to log the user in immediately as well, and that was what was causing your forum to jump out of Joomla.  So, the bridge migration function did not actually migrate me over, because it was already directed to the stand alone forum.

That doesn't explain why the user was not written into Joomla in the registration hook, however, nor why the user groups are not written over properly.

In your Joomla admin panel, the setting for "Allow new Registrations" is turned on, yes?

Kindred

With a separate database installation, things appear to be running rough. It's not switching to the SMF database for sessions or modules.

Also, the default path in the component config seems to want to default to a RELATIVE path
(../forum)
when I click "find path" it goes blank on me....
Слaва
Украинi

Aravot

Quote from: Orstio on March 14, 2006, 06:34:59 AM
In your Joomla admin panel, the setting for "Allow new Registrations" is turned on, yes?

Yes

Quote from: Kindred on March 14, 2006, 07:49:48 AM
Also, the default path in the component config seems to want to default to a RELATIVE path (../forum) when I click "find path" it goes blank on me....

Same here

Orstio PMed you Admin info to backend and SMF.

Orstio

QuoteWith a separate database installation, things appear to be running rough. It's not switching to the SMF database for sessions or modules.

That's because the old include of the config.smf.php is no longer valid.  That code is now completely different.  The old code will not include SSI.php, because it doesn't get a value for $smf_path from config.smf.php, because that file no longer exists.

QuoteAlso, the default path in the component config seems to want to default to a RELATIVE path
(../forum)
when I click "find path" it goes blank on me....

As I explained, that path needs to be something fairly obvious in order for it to find it automatically.  It looks in:

'/forum',
'/community',
'/board',
'/smf',
'/yabbse',
'/../forum',
'/../community',
'/../board',
'/../smf',
'/../yabbse',
'/components/com_smf'

relative to the Mambo root path.  If you installed SMF in a directory that is not one of those names, it will not detect it automatically.  So, if you installed SMF in a directory called smf11, it will not be detected automatically.

Kindred

Orstio...   I made the changes top the modules to replace the look for config.smf.php.   I get that database error on EVERY page even with none of the modules (except mod_smf_login) loaded.

And my forum is in root/forum
I just expected it to find the absolute path... which it used to do...
(and when I click "find path", it goes blank...)
Слaва
Украинi

Orstio

QuoteOrstio...   I made the changes top the modules to replace the look for config.smf.php.   I get that database error on EVERY page even with none of the modules (except mod_smf_login) loaded.

Is this a mysql_query error, or the "Cannot find `Joomla_database`.smf_sessions" error?

Kindred

it's two errors. The first is the standard "can not find joomladb.smf_sessions..." error.

The second is
Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0
Слaва
Украинi

Orstio

Not that you should need to do this, but can you add this to the bottom of your Joomla template?

<?php mysql_select_db($GLOBALS['db_name'?>

Kindred

already been done...   I did that first thing, since that was the usual fix under the old style install...

related:
It also does not recognize me as logged in in joomla...

(and when I log out, it takes me to the unwrapped forum)
Слaва
Украинi

Orstio

Quoteand when I log out, it takes me to the unwrapped forum

That means it is producing an error.

Have you upgraded to the 20060314 CVS?

Aravot

Quote from: Orstio on March 15, 2006, 08:33:08 PM
QuoteHave you upgraded to the 20060314 CVS?

Any changes between 20060313 and 20060315, if so I'll go ahead and upgrade

Orstio

Yes, I made a few changes based on your feedback.

Aravot

Deleted everything and started Fresh
Joomla! 1.0.8 (Session Authentication Method: Level 3 Security Default & Highest) selected
SMF 1.1 RC2+
Bridge v1.1.3 CVS20060316 Not released yet
Firefox 1.0.7 & IE

Installation was fine (I won't be mentioning this part unless something goes wrong).

This time I installed SMF in a folder of the same name 'smf' hence Create path automatically worked.

All the the registration options worked, however I have not registered users using those option except SMF Registration, will try later on.

• Use Bridge Registration (OK)
  • Use Mambo/Joomla Registration (OK)
  • Use Community Builder Registration (OK)
  • Use Mambo/Charge Registration (Don't have this installed)

Registering a user still redirects to unwrapped SMF, user is not in Joomla backend until logs in again (another login other than the one after registration).

Logging out using the LOGIN FORM module still keeps user logged into Joomla.

Group-Sync still not working properly (Ghost user appears after sync).

After registered a second user, in SMF I made the user Global Moderator, than in Joomla backend assigned Global Moderator as Administrator and SMF Administrator as Super Admin, however group-sync did not changed the SMF Admin user to Joomla Super Admin but changed SMF Global Moderator to Joomla Administrator BUT can not login into backend using that user?

If in 'LOGIN FORM module' password is entered incorrectly a redirect to SMF login asking to enter password again, after entering the correct password at this screen user is redirected to unwrap forum.

Registration mail is send without profile ID
http://www.mysite.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=profile

...Will report after some more testing.

Advertisement: