Bridge v1.1.3 CVS-20060313 Test before release

Started by Aravot, March 13, 2006, 03:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

Aravot, does your SMF database user have access to your Joomla database?

Aravot

Quote from: Orstio on March 16, 2006, 05:35:33 PM
Aravot, does your SMF database user have access to your Joomla database?

It's a single database, I think Kindred is using two database.

Orstio

It's very odd, because everything you describe appears as if the SMF integration hooks are having trouble reading from the Joomla database tables....

Nothing in your SMF or Apache error logs?

Aravot

There are few errors, I PMed you the new link and admin info.

Edited:
Later on I'll install on my other server too, to make sure it's not a server problem.

Orstio

Aravot:  Your problem with the SMF registration and jumping out to the stand alone forum are related to this:

Quote2: array_intersect(): Argument #1 is not an array
File: /home/***/smf/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 854

This seems to be sometthing wrong with UTF-8, not bridge-related.  I'll see if Compuart can look into that.  Until then, can you test the CVS bridge with the public release of SMF 1.1 RC2?

Quote8: Undefined variable: usersettings
File: /home/***/joomla/components/com_smf/smf.php
Line: 546

That's my typo, will be fixed in tomorrow's CVS.

Aravot

I'll wait until tommorrow and start from scratch with SMF 1.1 RC2, I'll install on both servers the only difference is PHP 4.x and PHP 5.x
or
you can email (aravot-at-gmail-dot-com) me the changes I'll start right now.

Aravot

Started fresh this time installed SMF 1.1 RC2 and Bridge CVS20060317

I have all the same problems as before (see above post) no change except now after group sync SMF admin changes to Joomla Super Admin BUT SMF Global Moderator remains unchanged?

Orstio

QuoteI have all the same problems as before (see above post) no change except now after group sync SMF admin changes to Joomla Super Admin BUT SMF Global Moderator remains unchanged?

You are aware that you must save the group synch settings at least once before pressing the button to do the instant synch, right?  It only synchs according to the SAVED settings.

Aravot

Quote from: Orstio on March 17, 2006, 05:30:48 PM
QuoteI have all the same problems as before (see above post) no change except now after group sync SMF admin changes to Joomla Super Admin BUT SMF Global Moderator remains unchanged?

You are aware that you must save the group synch settings at least once before pressing the button to do the instant synch, right?  It only synchs according to the SAVED settings.

Yes, have done done.

Orstio, in my opinion the group sync is not that important, compared to other issues i.e. logout, registration and password re-enter (all mentioned in the above post).

Orstio

Alright, Aravot, I believe I have both the redirection issues and the logout issue solved, if you'd like to try the CVS again tomorrow?

Kindred

Orstio...   I'll PM you the admin info for my test site (joomla 1.0.8, SMF 1.1 RC2 release and separate databases) Because, even with yesterday's CVS, I am still having issues...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

Good.  I think if I clean up your issues yet, Kindred, this thing is ready for release (a week late, but I'd rather it was actually ready).

Aravot

Can you email me the file so I can start now or since you have Admin info to my site you can upload it.

Aravot

:D both Login/Logout issues are solved no redirection to unwrapped forum after registration.

Q. I don't know if this is how it used to be upon registration Admin receives this email
Quote<username> has just signed up as a new member of your forum. Click the link below to view their profile.
http://www.mysite.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=profile;u=4

Newly regsitred user gets this email, shouldn't profile ID be there?
QuoteYou may change your password after you login by going to your profile, or by
visiting this page after you login
http://www.mysite.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=profile

I'll start testing with different type of available registration options and user-sync than move to group-sync.

Orstio

QuoteQ. I don't know if this is how it used to be upon registration Admin receives this email

<username> has just signed up as a new member of your forum. Click the link below to view their profile.
http://www.mysite.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=profile;u=4

I think that is done by default.  You can set it in your SMF registration settings.

QuoteNewly regsitred user gets this email, shouldn't profile ID be there?

You may change your password after you login by going to your profile, or by
visiting this page after you login
http://www.mysite.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=profile

No.  The profile id is never there for your own profile.

QuoteI'll start testing with different type of available registration options and user-sync than move to group-sync.

Cool.  I think I may have figured out what it is, but I'm not certain.

Aravot

Using SMF Registration everything seems to work OK (more test tomorrow).

Using Bridge Registration again everything seems to work OK except 'Admin email notification' missing site URL (see below)
Quotepeterosipof has just signed up as a new member of your forum. Click the link below to view their profile.

index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;?action=profile;u=5

Regards,
The PlayGround Team.

Using Community Builder registration, some issues.

After registering using CB and trying to login for the first time using SMF Login Form, is redirected to this screen (see pic) asking to re-entered password upon re-entering password user is logged in.

Using Community Builder registration, in SMF users are shown in Members list but not in Forum Stat and latest member is not changed. users registered through CB have no position in SMF (see pic, # are order of registration).

(more test tomorrow)

Orstio

QuoteUsing Community Builder registration, some issues.

After registering using CB and trying to login for the first time using SMF Login Form, is redirected to this screen (see pic) asking to re-entered password upon re-entering password user is logged in.

That's normal and expected behaviour for the Joomla to SMF migration.  It should also do that same thing for Mambo/Joomla default registration.  It needs to do that to convert the MD5 hash from Mambo/Joomla to the SMF hash.

QuoteUsing Community Builder registration, in SMF users are shown in Members list but not in Forum Stat and latest member is not changed. users registered through CB have no position in SMF (see pic, # are order of registration).

I can see that being annoying.  I'll work on it.

Aravot

Quote from: Aravot on March 19, 2006, 08:00:59 PM
Using Bridge Registration again everything seems to work OK except 'Admin email notification' missing site URL (see below)
Quotepeterosipof has just signed up as a new member of your forum. Click the link below to view their profile.

index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;?action=profile;u=5

Regards,
The PlayGround Team.

Don't forget this one.

Orstio

What I intend to do with that is get rid of it completely.  Bridge registration should use the Mambo/Joomla registration settings, so SMF should not be sending that email at any rate.

Aravot

Private message notification works however it opens in unwrapped mode

Advertisement: