Bridge v1.1.3 CVS-20060313 Test before release

Started by Aravot, March 13, 2006, 03:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

QuotePrivate message notification works however it opens in unwrapped mode

Yeah, I know.  That can't be fixed without hacking the SMF code that generates it, though.  :(

Aravot

Quote from: Orstio on March 20, 2006, 05:49:58 PM
can't be fixed without hacking the SMF code that generates it, though.  :(

Looking forward to the hack or instructions once this is release.

Any new updates to the CVS?

Aravot

Renaming a username in Community Builder in this instance 'demo' to 'democb' it creates a new user in SMF.

Kindred

in theory, renaming a username in SMF will also create a new joomla user, as well  (???)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aravot

Well in SMF there is no option to rename username (I couldn't find if there is), there is an option to rename display name which works fine, in smf renamed 'test' to 'testsmf', it renamed it in Joomla too, did not create a new user.

chadness

Quote from: Aravot on March 24, 2006, 11:07:22 AM
Well in SMF there is no option to rename username (I couldn't find if there is), there is an option to rename display name which works fine, in smf renamed 'test' to 'testsmf', it renamed it in Joomla too, did not create a new user.
Look under Account Related Settings - underneath the Username: label there should be an option for Change.

Aravot

Quote from: chadness on March 24, 2006, 12:35:47 PM
Quote from: Aravot on March 24, 2006, 11:07:22 AM
Look under Account Related Settings - underneath the Username: label there should be an option for Change.
That option is there for Admin not regular users, if there is I can't find it.

chadness

Quote from: Aravot on March 24, 2006, 01:22:24 PM
That option is there for Admin not regular users, if there is I can't find it.
True.  Does CB allow users to change their own username?  Is this something that can be turned off?  Or a hook would have to be written in to CB to change the SMF one as well.

Aravot

Quote from: chadness on March 24, 2006, 01:28:00 PM
True.  Does CB allow users to change their own username?
Yes
Is this something that can be turned off?
Yes
a hook would have to be written in to CB to change the SMF one as well.
If possible why not.

Orstio

QuoteRenaming a username in Community Builder in this instance 'demo' to 'democb' it creates a new user in SMF.

Right.  That's because CB has no way to communicate to SMF that it changed the name.  That would be something to change in CB, not the bridge.

Orstio

A bunch of things are now fixed for tomorrow's CVS.  Let me know how it goes.

Aravot

Quote from: Orstio on March 25, 2006, 09:11:06 AM
A bunch of things are now fixed for tomorrow's CVS.  Let me know how it goes.

I'll start fresh, will keep the same user info incase you need to access.

brother7

Is a public release anytime in the near future?  Just wonderin'... no rush.
Also, besides the few people already testing in this thread, will more testers be included before the public release?

Orstio

QuoteIs a public release anytime in the near future?

I believe so.  It's coming together nicely.

QuoteAlso, besides the few people already testing in this thread, will more testers be included before the public release?

There is one other person testing this who provides feedback through IM, and myself on my own site. ;)

Aravot

CVS 20060326

User Registration redirection to SMF unwrap is back (reported in first post).

Group Sync is not working properly, even when it works user groups assigned by group-sync don't have access to Joomla backend.

Orstio

QuoteUser Registration redirection to SMF unwrap is back (reported in first post).

Grrr....That triple redirect in the Immediate Registration is driving me nuts.  >:(

Aravot

Quote from: Orstio on March 26, 2006, 06:52:55 PM
QuoteUser Registration redirection to SMF unwrap is back (reported in first post).

Grrr....That triple redirect in the Immediate Registration is driving me nuts.  >:(

You had this fixed in previous build (the one you emailed me)

MadPax

Sorry to barge in fellas!

One quick request which I think you guys can code in with a leg on your backs (that's a portuguese expression, doesn't sound too good in english  :-[).

Redirect the user to a custom chosen url upon first login after registration.

Can you guys do this?

Thnx,
Pax

Orstio

QuoteCVS 20060326

User Registration redirection to SMF unwrap is back (reported in first post).

Group Sync is not working properly, even when it works user groups assigned by group-sync don't have access to Joomla backend.

OK, fixed (both of them).

QuoteRedirect the user to a custom chosen url upon first login after registration.

I can set it up so that the user is ALWAYS redirected to a chosen URL after login, but not just after registration.

MadPax

ooooh, than better not do it! Thnx for the answer orstio. I wonder how community builder makes that happen?

Advertisement: