News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

bbc not working after upgrade

Started by CokeCan, March 17, 2004, 09:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeCan

When I try to post a message the BBC tags aren't working, seems to be something with a javascript error, you can see it at: http://roxette.cs.caltech.edu/runto/forum/index.php?action=post;board=33.0
Can someone please let me know what can I do to fix it?
Thanks in advanced!

pulpitfire

just by chance, did you check the enable bbc code box in your admin features?

Justyne

I told him that one already... also suggested to upload the sources again and the post.template... that did not fix it...
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

pulpitfire

is it possible you've corrupted your source install source files?

Justyne

could be... but that error looked to me like something from yabbse did not get overwritten proper.
Like when you manually enter the bbc it works... just when you click on the buttons nothing happens. Spits out an Java Script error.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

bostasp

Just update your files using the smf_1-0-beta4p_update package... that should fix it

Oldiesmann

I'm not sure what's going on with his server... As many of you may (or may not) know, I've been the "unofficial" tech support guy for that forum for a while now. After upgrading the board and seeing that it still didn't work, I decided to try messing with the output caching and compressed output settings because these have been known to cause problems in the past. After checking the box to disable output caching, things seemed to be working again. I'll go have a look and see what I can do.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Ok. That box got un-checked again, so I checked it, but unlike last time, that doesn't seem to be solving the problem. I think it's a problem with his host.

Here are the basic errors I'm getting:

After the post box is done loading, I see this error:

Line:138
Character:5
Error:Object Expected

After clicking on a smiley or bbcode image, this error shows up:

Line:1
Character:1
Error:Object Expected

It's almost like his server doesn't know what the "this" variable is in Javascript.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Seems like a caching problem, please try pressing Ctrl-F5.

-[Unknown]

Martje

allright this is really wierd, I have the same problems after installing a full version(no update)
on my testing server (here) I have the problem on different computers
I just downloaded the public beta....

Martje

Oeps, what uncarefull wrong CHMODINGcan do for you ;D
that one slipped through

Thanks Unknown ( do you ever sleep?  ;) )

Tyris

nah, he lives to serve our SMF needs ;)

Oldiesmann

In the case of CokeCan's board, it's definitely a server issue, because they've been getting "503" errors every so often ("503" = "Service temporarily unavailable"... very annoying). The decision has been made to move everything to a paid host to fix all the problems caused by people who don't know how to run a server properly...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: