SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleone

Quote from: mbirth on August 20, 2006, 01:13:00 PM
Quote from: littleone on August 10, 2006, 07:50:08 PMis there a way to make the history visible to everyone? but not the "Clear History" part?

Somehow I knew this would come ... :-)

Oben sboxDB.php and find these lines:
<?php

if ($modSettings['sbox_DoHistory'] == '1') {
    if (
file_exists($sbox_HistoryFile)) {
      echo 
'[<a href="' str_replace($boarddir$boardurl$sbox_HistoryFile) . '" target="_blank">' $txt['sbox_History'] . '</a>]';
      echo 
' [<a href="' $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?action=clearhist" class="Kill" onClick="return clearYesNo();">' $txt['sbox_HistoryClear'] . '</a>]';
    } else {
      echo 
'[' $txt['sbox_HistoryNotFound'] . ']';
    }
  }
?>

Now switch the "if (file_exists(..." with the next line and voilà. Should look like this:

<?php

if ($modSettings['sbox_DoHistory'] == '1') {
    echo 
'[<a href="' str_replace($boarddir$boardurl$sbox_HistoryFile) . '" target="_blank">' $txt['sbox_History'] . '</a>]';
    if (
file_exists($sbox_HistoryFile)) {
      echo 
' [<a href="' $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?action=clearhist" class="Kill" onClick="return clearYesNo();">' $txt['sbox_HistoryClear'] . '</a>]';
    } else {
      echo 
'[' $txt['sbox_HistoryNotFound'] . ']';
    }
  }
?>

This didnt quite work because its setting under the if user is an admin in the coding....

littleone

Quote from: littleone on August 10, 2006, 08:02:55 PM
Quote from: Deep on May 21, 2006, 08:02:20 AM
Quote from: littleone
Id also like to see membergroup specific permissions so that I can grant my moderators the ability to delete shouts.
I am sorry, but i do not have the time to do that.
I have no experience with this part of SMF.
I can not guarantee that it works, but if you want all moderators to be able to delete shouts, try to replace in sboxDB.php any occurany of:

$context['user']['is_admin']

with:

allowedTo('moderate_forum')

This used to work before.  I tried it again on the 1.10 and it didnt work, was wondering if you could tell me what will work for my personal preferences.  My forum is entirely to large and I cant be around 24/7 so I need my mods to be able to delete shouts (should the need arise).  Thanks
something like this possible?

littleone

Quote from: littleone on August 12, 2006, 11:16:53 PM

any clue was to what this might be?

Anyone else having this problem?

mbirth

Quote from: littleone on August 21, 2006, 10:59:42 AMThis didnt quite work because its setting under the if user is an admin in the coding....

This was an untested quickhack .... but I'll implement this soon so be a bit patient and there will be a checkbox in the SMF settings to let Global Mods erase shouts, too.

Quote from: littleone on August 21, 2006, 12:18:37 PMany clue was to what this might be?

Looks to me as if Internet Explorer is somewhat supercautious not letting the IFRAME access an INPUT-element of the parent frame. I used this for this nifty "new shouts are above this line"-thing. Would be interesting to know if you have some special security settings or if this also occurs with standard MSIE settings...

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

NEVER contact me via ICQ/MSN/whatever for support inquiries unless I told you to do so! Use the forum threads instead.
Only send PMs if you need to tell me sensitive data.

ubergeek

just a little heads up... seems after i upgraded from 1.1 rc2 to rc3, my shoutbox
no longer works

JonoJames

Also looking for a fix :<

littleone

Quote from: mbirth on August 22, 2006, 03:14:06 AM
Quote from: littleone on August 21, 2006, 10:59:42 AMThis didnt quite work because its setting under the if user is an admin in the coding....

This was an untested quickhack .... but I'll implement this soon so be a bit patient and there will be a checkbox in the SMF settings to let Global Mods erase shouts, too.

Quote from: littleone on August 21, 2006, 12:18:37 PMany clue was to what this might be?

Looks to me as if Internet Explorer is somewhat supercautious not letting the IFRAME access an INPUT-element of the parent frame. I used this for this nifty "new shouts are above this line"-thing. Would be interesting to know if you have some special security settings or if this also occurs with standard MSIE settings...

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

Ok sounds good on the check box thing ;)  I tried for like an hour to play with the coding and could absolutely get no where, so I made an effort :)  Not sure 100% how you would go about this but you might want to consider making it so that if they have the permission to "Moderate Forum" then they can moderate the shout box (this might be what you meant with global mods ;) )  Thanks again

As far as the IE issue, I am not 100%, but someone else mentioned it to.  Your smart than me so I rest assured you will figure it out

JonoJames

Anyone found a fix for this at all? Forum users being impatient as usual ;/

tL0z

Is the mod compatible with SMF 1.1 RC3?

JonoJames

Not atm, you get an error when you try to use it :(

Waiting for a fix as i don't know php enough to fix it myself.

capierno

Anyone have a fix to this yet? I'm looking forward to using this. :)
Capierno

hxxp:ussdevestator.bravohost.org/forum [nonactive]

mbirth

Okay guys, sbox v1.12 is now in the repository. Get it HERE. Oh and btw: Can anyone tell me how to get this mod approved by the SMF team?

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

NEVER contact me via ICQ/MSN/whatever for support inquiries unless I told you to do so! Use the forum threads instead.

JonoJames

Thanks Mbirth, hurry up and approve SMF Team!

JonoJames

mbirth is it possible you can send me a link to your mod? rather than wait for smf to approve.

mbirth

Quote from: JonoJames on August 23, 2006, 06:46:00 AMmbirth is it possible you can send me a link to your mod? rather than wait for smf to approve.

That's a point! ~~> DOWNLOAD.

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

JonoJames

N3lson

and for 1.11 please?

I don´t  want to upgrade until have  all the mods updated...
Thanks
I´m Portuguese Yeah

JonoJames

nice update mbirth, but i don't like the green bar after u type a message. Any chance u can tell me how to get rid of it? :)

mbirth

Quote from: N3lson on August 23, 2006, 07:07:34 AMand for 1.11 please?

Errm .... 1.11 is superseded by 1.12.

Quote from: JonoJames on August 23, 2006, 07:48:25 AMnice update mbirth, but i don't like the green bar after u type a message. Any chance u can tell me how to get rid of it? :)

QuickFix: Find this line in Sources/sboxDB.php:
        echo '<hr>' "\n";

and comment it out like that:
//        echo '<hr>' . "\n";

I think I'll add another checkbox to the settings.... ;-)

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

N3lson

Ok, nice i instaled the 1.10 but one thing i want to change ... if you can help me.
The smileys of my fórum , they are big  becasue i use the 3d smileys, but i don´t want to use these smileys in the shout.
I´d like to use the small ones like the SMF Shoutbox it had the own smilyes set.
Can this be done » Use a Own smileys set to shoutbox independent of the smileys set of the fórum?
I´m Portuguese Yeah

Advertisement: