News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kettu

@littleone
You have the option to change to v1.13 (mbirth's shoutbox), but think about it, it is different to 1.04 (deep's shoutbox). So first check the changes.
The options for 1.04 are at the same position like for the new one.
Main Forum: SMF 2.0.6
Co-Forum: SMF 2.0.6

slanky

Quote from: littleone on August 28, 2006, 06:24:53 PM
Quote from: slanky on August 28, 2006, 02:44:15 PM
Quote from: littleone on August 28, 2006, 02:13:06 PM
Admin >> Features and Options >> SMF Shoutbox

Thats in there if you have 1.13

I'm using SMF 1.1 RC2.  Sorry - should have specified.

1.13 is the latest version of the shoutbox.  Uninstall your old one and install that one and then do:
Admin >> Features and Options >> SMF Shoutbox and find the check box for the line.

1.13 works on 1.1 RC2 and RC3

Okay, I've unistalled 1.04 and installed 1.13 (which looks great, BTW!) but I still do not see an option to remove the horizontal scroll bar in "Admin >> Features and Options >> SMF Shoutbox." 

Is there something I'm missing?

Kettu

Wait a minute. You have a horizontal scrollbar??? How can that be? It makes a break when the shout is to long, so there shouldn't be a horizontal scrollbar.

slanky

Quote from: Kettu on August 29, 2006, 07:43:08 AM
Wait a minute. You have a horizontal scrollbar??? How can that be? It makes a break when the shout is to long, so there shouldn't be a horizontal scrollbar.

I don't know - it always displays with a horizontal scroll, even if there are no shouts in the box.  I'm wondering if it's because of the theme I'm using for SMF - blackTed.

Kettu

Quote from: slanky on August 29, 2006, 08:20:49 AM
I don't know - it always displays with a horizontal scroll, even if there are no shouts in the box.  I'm wondering if it's because of the theme I'm using for SMF - blackTed.
Do you have the same problem if you use the default theme?

slanky

Quote from: Kettu on August 29, 2006, 08:31:34 AM
Quote from: slanky on August 29, 2006, 08:20:49 AM
Do you have the same problem if you use the default theme?

Just checked it with the default theme - no scroll bar. 

Kettu

Quote from: slanky on August 29, 2006, 08:40:04 AM
Just checked it with the default theme - no scroll bar. 
Okay, now we know that it is a theme problem. One step next to the solution ;)
But, I don't know the programming for that part. I have no idea how we can fix it. So we should wait for mbirth. Maybe he has an idea or anyone else.

littleone

ohhhh.....i am sorry.  I thought you meant the horizontal bar that pops up after your posts (or latest posts).  I didnt understand you means a horizontal scroll bar.  That is something mbirth will have to address.  So sorry for the confusion, but atleast u got the latest version ;)

Skipdawg

I have not used shoutboxes much but this one is looking good.  ;D
I'll have to take another look and see whee you all are at this weekend with it.  ;)
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

mbirth

Quote from: edsloter on August 28, 2006, 06:19:18 PMi now get this message all the time Automatic refresh disabled due to inactivity
even if I am active

This message just means that there were no new shouts in the recent 5mins (or whatever you have set for User active time) ... since I didn't figure out yet how to get the activity data (which user is currently viewing what page) I only can work with those numbers I've got. This word "inactivity" means inactivity in the shoutbox, not the rest of the SMF.

Quote from: slanky on August 29, 2006, 08:20:49 AMI don't know - it always displays with a horizontal scroll, even if there are no shouts in the box.  I'm wondering if it's because of the theme I'm using for SMF - blackTed.

I justed looked into it - seems like the blackTed guys defined a BODY-width ... open up Sources/sboxDB.php and find this part:

body {
      padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
      background-color: ' . $modSettings['sbox_BackgroundColor'] . ';
    }

Now just add that "width"-line so that it looks like this:

body {
      width: 100%;
    }

Et voilà!

This won't be neccessary in the next relase of the Shoutbox. :-)

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

NEVER contact me via ICQ/MSN/whatever for support inquiries unless I told you to do so! Use the forum threads instead.
Only send PMs if you need to tell me sensitive data.

slanky

Quote from: mbirth on August 30, 2006, 07:20:22 AM

I justed looked into it - seems like the blackTed guys defined a BODY-width ... open up Sources/sboxDB.php and find this part:

body {
    }

Now just add that "width"-line so that it looks like this:

body {
      width: 100%;
    }

Et voilà!

This won't be neccessary in the next relase of the Shoutbox. :-)

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

That worked great!  Thanks for the help!

tapirul

.. I wish I could search on this forum only within a topic....
Anyway, my question is, how can I make Shoutbox (I am using 1.31; BTW, great job) to work with  ISO 8859-2 (Latin-2) characters? My dbase is converted to UTF-8,  ISO 8859-2 (Latin-2), but in shouts I don't get the right characters (romanian, that is)
Thanks

TGB

sorry if this has been answered already.

how do I allow all global mods permission to delete shouts?
www.dreamcasthaven.com <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.psxhaven.com <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.romhaven.info <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.bthaven.com <----- Running TT 2.06

Kettu

Quote from: edsloter on August 30, 2006, 11:23:13 PM
sorry if this has been answered already.

how do I allow all global mods permission to delete shouts?
If you have V 1.13 go to the administration and check the second checkbox ;)

@tapirul
You mean 1.13, right?

I don't know how to help you but I tested a couple of different special characters to see what happens.
I tested ệĚěĝęņŁΛπЦйжфӔӝ and the shoutbox shows &#7879;&#282;&#283;&#285;&#281;&#326;&#321;&#923;&#960;&#1062;&#1081;&#1078;&#1092;&#1236;&#1245;
That's your problem, right?

tapirul

1.13, right.

I try ăîâşţ and I get ...  something else..like

I updated my forum to rc3 and I converted to UTF-8, choosing Latin2

Kettu

I think the problem is, that the shout tell's the sign, it will be converted but not reconverted for showing. But I think mbirth will have a kit for that. ;)

mbirth

Quote from: Kettu on August 31, 2006, 01:17:44 AM@tapirul
You mean 1.13, right?

I don't know how to help you but I tested a couple of different special characters to see what happens.
I tested ệĚěĝęņŁΛπЦйжфӔӝ and the shoutbox shows ệĚěĝęņŁΛπЦйжфӔӝ
That's your problem, right?

PHP4-support for Unicode / UTF-8 is more than lousy! There are some difficulties handling UTF-8 input from forms as you can read here. I have implemented a workaround for now. Hope it'll work. But I'm afraid you have to wait a few days as I still have some coding to do before releasing 1.14.

Cheers,
 -mARKUS

P.S.: For the geeks: I applied htmlentities() before output so that there's no way to include HTML-tags in posts and also to encode special characters. Now when someone submits Unicode characters, PHP already encodes them as entities (e.g. € for the €-sign) but leaves everything else as it is. If I now apply htmlentities(), the & gets converted to &amp; ... so the browser recognises it as an ampersand followed by #8364; instead of that Unicode-entity.

NEVER contact me via ICQ/MSN/whatever for support inquiries unless I told you to do so! Use the forum threads instead.
Only send PMs if you need to tell me sensitive data.

ubergeek

just tried the latest version... works fine on my site...   ;)

more power to the developers :D

HHwarriors

Quote from: Deep on March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM
Link to Mod

Hi there!

I wrote this shoutbox mod because of two reasons:
1. I wasn´t clever enough to modify Grudge´s Ultimate Shoutbox in the way i liked. I wanted to have a shoutbox with a little bit more "chat feeling". So i decided to program a shoutbox which exactly fits my needs.
2. I am new to PHP and to SMF, so this was a chance to improve my knowledge about these things. In fact, this was the very first time i coded PHP. I am very impressed of the clear structure of SMF.

The shoutbox appears above the board index of the default theme. You can adjust some things using the configuration / features and options menu.

Sample screenshot:

By the way, i have stolen some source code from Grudge. Thank you, Grudge! :-)

There is an additional german language pack available.

If you find a bug, please leave a comment to me. Thank you.

Deep

PS.: Sorry for my poor english.
Thanc for Shout, but im new to SMF soo can anyone help me. where do i upload shout files ??
thanx
www.HHWarriors.co.nr

www.HHWarriors.co.nr <<|>> Want my latest DOWNLOADS Visit my Blog <=HERE=>

Powerhouse

hello guys, the shoutbox is working flawlessly with rc2 however, have upgraded to smf 1.1 rc3 and it appears it's not working as it simply wont install. is there anything that needs to be done so it will work with rc3 please. million thanks in advance.

Advertisement: