News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GB!

Quote from: Kettu on September 27, 2006, 06:21:42 AM
You already told me. But I need a screenshot of your running shoutbox!
I was able to fix it last night. I didn't know that BBC needs to be activated for smileys to work. Thanks!

Chad

When someone posts a shout with a " symbol, it comes out "  Any way to fix this?

p0w3r

Hello,

I've a little problem. Some options on admin panel does not appear. Already copy the content of Modifications.english.php to Modifications.portuguese.php and ModSettings.english.php to ModSettings.portuguese.php and nothing. I'm I missing something?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

PS: Great mod! Congratulations!

ballboff

I get a 404 page not found error in my shoutbox, any ideas why this would be?  I installed the shoutbox after removing the old one.  Think I need a history file, which was obviously removed from the old version removal process. 

Maybe this might help....

As you can see, I get my hosters home page, which means there's a page not found.  What page though?

Aran

I dont really get it.
I downloaded the right shoutbox, installed it and putted a mod on it but still it aint visible on the forum.. what else is there to do?

Chad

Quote from: Chad on October 03, 2006, 10:29:35 PM
When someone posts a shout with a " symbol, it comes out "  Any way to fix this?

Anything?

ballboff

Quote from: Aran on October 07, 2006, 07:58:08 AM
I dont really get it.
I downloaded the right shoutbox, installed it and putted a mod on it but still it aint visible on the forum.. what else is there to do?

You need to put the code in the boardindex.template as follows...

Add the code
  // display shoutbox
  if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();

For some reason this nearly always has to be input manually, I'm guessing so that you can put it where you want it.  You need to input this same code in each theme that you want it to appear in.  I think it installs correctly in the default theme (the one named default, and not necessarily your defalt forum theme)

Aran

Another question about the shoutbox.
Is there a specification needed to put in the code to put the shoutbox on the left side in the forum.
In the demo of the theme we are running they have some stuff like a shoutbox and add's on the left, any idea how to do that? (Mercury theme)

Thanks
Aran~

xcrazyxfrogx

Those who use Helios multi theme 1.1RC2 or RC3 add this to ur BoardIndex.template.php
look for
Quote// Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)
        if ($settings['show_newsfader'] && !empty($context['fader_news_lines']))
        {
                echo $topbox;
                echo '

replace with
// display shoutbox
  if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();
// Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)
        if ($settings['show_newsfader'] && !empty($context['fader_news_lines']))
        {
                echo $topbox;
                echo '
and u will get it above News Fader Box :) Enjoy buds :D

Money... my obsession... Wealth... my addiction... Fear... my weapon... Crazy people... don't you understand... from the smokes of fear... who I am?

tL0z

Hello,

I'm trying to remove the 1.13 version to install the 1.15. However it says it can't modify the modsettings.php file. Can anyone please tell me the changes I have to do to the file?

Thanks

ballboff

Quote from: tL0z on October 09, 2006, 07:48:49 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to remove the 1.13 version to install the 1.15. However it says it can't modify the modsettings.php file. Can anyone please tell me the changes I have to do to the file?

Thanks

You could just edit the file yourself, all it's doing is removing the sbox references from that file as far as I'm aware.

It starts with ...   

loadLanguage('sbox');

and ends with 

prepareDBSettingContext($config_vars);
}

Kettu

Quote from: del_piero_3 on October 01, 2006, 07:56:36 AM
Am sorry I got busy with few things....I am using mbirth's sbox_v1.15. Running 1.1 RC3 using Classic YaBB SE Theme.
So if you want to have more Smilies, just add some more smilies to your forum. These are the same smilies shown in the shoutbox.

Quote from: AZNmodder on October 01, 2006, 01:25:17 PM
Quote from: littleone on October 01, 2006, 10:38:06 AM
Admin >> Features and Options>> SMF Shoutbox.

That will fix your color issue, not sure about your centering issue.  It might require you to go in and add an align="left" in the shout box code or on your index page.

that only fixes the text color, the background color cant be changed from there...either that or i'm missing it
Have you added the correct name of your theme to the list of dark themes?
Your other problem is a problem of your theme css. There is a code that says to show the text centered.

Quote from: p0w3r on October 05, 2006, 02:25:43 PM
Hello,

I've a little problem. Some options on admin panel does not appear. Already copy the content of Modifications.english.php to Modifications.portuguese.php and ModSettings.english.php to ModSettings.portuguese.php and nothing. I'm I missing something?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Please check the language files of the mod. All files that have an .english.php in its name have to be changed to .portuguese.php
Main Forum: SMF 2.0.6
Co-Forum: SMF 2.0.6

ballboff

Quote from: ballboff on October 07, 2006, 06:44:19 AM
I get a 404 page not found error in my shoutbox, any ideas why this would be?  I installed the shoutbox after removing the old one.  Think I need a history file, which was obviously removed from the old version removal process. 

Maybe this might help....

As you can see, I get my hosters home page, which means there's a page not found.  What page though?

Anybody?  I've got a page missing, what bloody page though?  Don't understand.

Kettu

Quote from: ballboff on October 11, 2006, 04:51:51 AM
I am not sure if this is the same problem we had with Internal Server Error, but you should check it.
Go to your file sbBox.php and change the CHMod from 777 to 644.
Main Forum: SMF 2.0.6
Co-Forum: SMF 2.0.6

tL0z

I've just removed the 1.13 version and installed the 1.15 one. However, I got an error on the top of the page after installing it:

Error: CHMOD for sboxDB.php failed!

The file currently is as 0777

littleone

Quote from: tL0z on October 12, 2006, 05:32:48 AM
The file currently is as 0777

Read the post right about yours

Quote from: Kettu on October 11, 2006, 06:02:42 AM

ballboff

Quote from: Kettu on October 11, 2006, 06:02:42 AM
Quote from: ballboff on October 11, 2006, 04:51:51 AM
I am not sure if this is the same problem we had with Internal Server Error, but you should check it.

Mmm... mine is already set to 644.  Thanks anyway.

Chad

Ok, I've modified my shoutbox to post a reply to a topic in a specific forum with the contents of the shout.
This is fun for several reasons.  It allows everyone to see the history and it allows my post count to rise a LOT and finally, it makes shout box stuff searchable since a lot of my members use it for quick Q&A.
... see next post

Chad

I got it...
I've set this to REPLY to a previous shout/post if it's less than 5 minutes old.  If it's more than 5 minutes, it will create a new topic.  This  will boost my post count A LOT. ;)

In Sources/sboxDB.php
FIND:
      // insert shout message into database
      $sql = "INSERT INTO " . $db_prefix . "sbox_content (ID_MEMBER, content, time) VALUES ('" . $context['user']['id'] . "', '" . $content . "', '$date')";
      db_query($sql, __FILE__, __LINE__);

ADD AFTER the text you found:
// Post shouts to a new topic in category 92
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/Subs-Post.php');
global $user_info, $ID_MEMBER;

$result = db_query("SELECT max(subject) as subj, max(ID_MSG) as maxmsg, max(ID_TOPIC) as maxtopic, max(posterTime) AS maxtime, ID_BOARD FROM {$db_prefix}messages GROUP BY ID_BOARD HAVING ID_BOARD=92", __FILE__, __LINE__); //Get the last post in the forum
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);
$timelimit = time()-300; //# of seconds to wait for a NEW topic or a REPLY : 300=5 mins, 900=15 minutes

if ($row['maxtime']>$timelimit) {
$topicOptions['id'] = $row['maxtopic']; //Get the last new topic and set it as the reply id
$msgOptions['subject'] = addslashes("RE: ".$row['subj']); //set the subject as a reply to the previous subject
} else {
$topicOptions['id']=0; //It's been more than 5 minutes, post a new topic
$msgOptions['subject'] = substr($_REQUEST['sboxText'], 0, 100); //Use the left 100 chars from the shout as the subject
}
$topicOptions['board'] = 92; //shoutbox history forum, make sure you create one and change this number
$msgOptions['body'] = $_REQUEST['sboxText']; //the shouted text
$posterOptions['id']=$context['user']['id']; //user's ID
createPost(&$msgOptions, &$topicOptions, &$posterOptions); //create the post using the SMF posting function
// end posting shouts to category mod

This code isn't FULLY tested.  It seems to be working but I'm open for feedback on security and stability! Thanks!

Advertisement: