News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Restoring from Backup- New Installation

Started by PopLife, March 02, 2006, 03:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopLife

Hi people,

Our server crashed and we lost everything. I still have a backup file though, and I was wondering if there was any way I could restore the 1.1rc1 database- but install 1.1rc2?

Thanks

Justyne

that should be possible if you use the RC2 upgrade package.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

PopLife

But does the upgrade package contain all the files I need to start my forum again?

redone

Oldiesmann

It contains everything except Settings.php, Settings_bak.php and the install files.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

PopLife

Ok thanks for that guys. I have a problem though. Trying import the backup gave me an error message (because I didn't save the table structure), so I went ahead and copied the structure from 1.0.5. Now PHPMyAdmin comes up with a blank error message when I attempt to import the data. Could this be due to the missing photos that used to be in my photo gallery? (Coppermine and SMF share the same db).

OR is the table structure slightly different in 1.1rc1?

PopLife

I'm getting an error again.

Does anyone have a text file with the table structure commands for 1.1rc1 that they could attach. Thankyou

redone

You should find them in a download of 1.1rc1 in the download section of the site.

PopLife

I get a syntax error when I use the database structure file from rc1.1

PopLife

OK, no one has replied for a few days. Would it be okay for someone to grab my details and have a look themselves? I'd be really greatful.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement: