Amber

Started by Bloc, March 17, 2006, 01:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miraenda

Great theme Bloc :D

trigger39

Hi mate great theme....i was wondering if you or anyone here could tell me how to edit the size if the sidebars and how to create sidebars on the right of the forum?

cheers  ;D

Aaron

CM-MN

Does anyone, besides the one person I saw under reviews, have experience with installing and using in RC-3???  javascript:void(0);
HuhI really really love the theme, but don't want to mess up too much, cuz I know I can't fix it!

bloc

Updated to work with SMF 1.1 RC3.

Elyod

First off I have just rebuilt my site as my host went away and I used to use IPB.  I just started with SMF last night and found Amber...it just stinkin' rocks.  The entire system is better and your template is GREAT!

Now my quesiton(s):

1) My only issue so far with very limited testing is that the little xx.gif next to each post is gone.  I get the fatal 'red x' instead.  (hxxp:doubleclicks.info/dcsmf [nonactive]) if anyone cares to look.

2) Also, and this isn't specific to your template, but is there a way to have a graphic verification for new registrations in SMF?  It kept down spammers significantly in IPB in the past, but I can't seem to find any thing here.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Of course I haven't figured out how to install MODs yet either, but will with time.

bloc

Both questions can be answered by upgrading to SMF 1.1 RC3. Amber works only 100% on SMF 1.1x and 1.1 RC3 has image verification built in.

bbmtalk

Thanks for the theme. Great work.

One question - how do I make the news box bigger so no scroll is needed? Thanks again.

bloc

cimager

Happy New Year Bloc.  A question if I might. I just downloaded the Amber theme for my photography site. I haven't been able to fine a theme that would relate to a photography site but this one is umm Just great I think. My question is how would I add the gallery button to the links up top. It appeared on the default theme of course after I added the package but not really sure how to do this using your amber theme. 
Thank you in advance. 

ice_queen

I am so pleased with this theme bloc.  Thank you.

I am sitting here looking at this:

Quote// Show right to left and the character set for ease of translating.
   echo '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd [nofollow]">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"' [nofollow];, $context['right_to_left'] ? ' dir="rtl"' : '', '><head>
   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=', $context['character_set'], '" />
   <meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title'], '" />', empty($context['robot_no_index']) ? '' : '
   <meta name="robots" content="noindex" />', '
   <meta name="keywords" content="PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum" />

Fear has gripped me by the throat.

I have to insert a "meta tag" and I am terrified.  I used a meta tag generator so I have the full code so I shouldn't be scared, but try telling that to my panic ridden brain.  What do I do and am I even allowed to do this?

lemur21

This is the theme I use for my board. I've upgraded to SMF 1.1.1, but, I believe I'm still using an older version of Amber (1.1 RC1, I believe).

Are there steps I need to take to upgrade Amber to be compatible with the SMF 1.1.1 version? I don't think I can/should just upload the newer version of the theme, because that probably will overwrite any/all mods I've added...

Any suggestions/guidance?

Thanks!

viciouswhisper

This is the best looking, and most organized looking theme I have seen so far, and am using it for my default theme for my forum.  Thanks!

bloc

Quote from: lemur21 on January 12, 2007, 03:31:47 PM
This is the theme I use for my board. I've upgraded to SMF 1.1.1, but, I believe I'm still using an older version of Amber (1.1 RC1, I believe).

Are there steps I need to take to upgrade Amber to be compatible with the SMF 1.1.1 version? I don't think I can/should just upload the newer version of the theme, because that probably will overwrite any/all mods I've added...

Any suggestions/guidance?

Thanks!
Just download the 1.1final version, that will work fine on 1.1.1 - and the way you can do it, is to simply upload and overwrite your current Amber folder.

Quote from: viciouswhisper on February 10, 2007, 09:11:48 AM
This is the best looking, and most organized looking theme I have seen so far, and am using it for my default theme for my forum.  Thanks!
Well, thank you. :) I am glad you enjoy it. :)

lemur21

Hi Bloc,

I had done that, and it worked fine - I needed to update the mods, of course (since it overwrote the mods).

I am still having ONE problem - and, maybe you can help me out...

I've posted about it here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=147322.msg946840#msg946840

Thanks!!!!

Chris

newuser

Hi!

First, thanks a lot for the beautiful theme :D

However, there seems to be one problem with changing the theme's appearence from the admin panel, that hasn't been addressed here yet.

When you go to Admin -> Current theme -> Edit theme -> Modify css file

then it's supposed to show a 'copy' of the forum in a smaller area, updating its appearance as you modify the style file.

With Amber theme, several images are missing from that preview (but everything works fine in 'the real thing')

I discovered this (naturally enough ;) ) when modifying the theme's appearance for my site, so I first thought I had broke something myself. But making a clean install of the theme on another test site I immediately got the same problem - please see the pic below where missing images in the preview are marked by red and similar images correctly shown in the 'page itself' by green.

I have SMF 1.1.2 on the 'real' site and 1.1.1 on the test site where the pic above was taken.

Thanks in advance for any help!

bloc

Thats because SMF assume images to be in one folder "images", while some of the images in Amber theme lays in a subfolder of images.

newuser

Quote from: Bloc on March 11, 2007, 11:27:47 AM
Thats because SMF assume images to be in one folder "images", while some of the images in Amber theme lays in a subfolder of images.
That was my first guess too, but just putting copies of these files from images/img to images didn't help :(

Any ideas or hints (about how this SMF preview feature works and where the code for it is, at least)?

inheaven

hey all... theme is totally awesome but I can't change the header... :( I replaced the logo.jpg even played a little with the psd file, unsuccesfully though :( any help here? I only want to remove the top image and place my own logo...

Sharr76

Advertisement: