News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Amber

Started by Bloc, March 17, 2006, 01:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

Link to the theme

Amber is a modern theme with a side-centered user-info part rather than one on top, plus use of shadow effects and curves. There is also a sidebar where you can insert your own html code.

demo

tatonka

I just installed the Amber theme, it's great - thanks  :)
http://www.disabilityhelpsite.com "Helping the disABLED find needed benefits".

vbeckham

the pictures don't work on the topics... ?

Aaron

Quote from: vbeckham on May 09, 2006, 08:55:17 AM
the pictures don't work on the topics... ?

Which pictures are you referring to? :)

vbeckham

The message icons.
They work when you're replying/posting a msg (standard/exclamation/etc)
but then in the actual forum and the posted topics they don't work

Prasad007

hey nice job bloc! ;)

vbeckham

hxxp:victoriaforum.net/index.php?board=1.0 [nonactive]

Aaron

Only members can access your forum, so I cannot reproduce the error.

cloneranger

hi

great theme guys. however i have a slight problem. i want to change the banner and also delete the text currently in place (the bit that says "my community") and then the date and time. Is this possible?

I would be really grateful for any help

Rayard

The newest version of SMF is 1.0.7 i think.  Anyway thats what im running.  This theme does look nice, but on 1.0.7 when you enter the forum there is a pic missing next to every thread.  I dont know what it is.  Any suggestions?  gov.rayard.com [nofollow] is the link

GLAG

I may have found my problem with the errors I posted -
Does Amber have a version that will work on 1.0.7?
It really is the theme I'd like to use..
thanks!
GLAG
Promote the Goat!
hxxp:www.cafepress.com/getyergoat?pid=2865584&refby=SMF [nonactive]
goatlady
hxxp:www.goat-link.com [nonactive]

bloc

Its only made for SMF 1.1RC1-RC2 I am afraid. It will sort of work on 1.0.7..but give errors on things.

Rayard

Hi,

Im running SMF 1.1 RC2 with the Amber theme.  What i would like to do is replace the search feature on the left side with a custom flash script.  I got it to look the way i want by copying the source coe via IE and dropping it in a text file and editing the code then making it index.php and uploaded that.  It looked perfect but then no one was able to log in or out.  Apparently i messed something up so i put the old index back.  These are my current forums followed by a link to the custom index.php file. 

http://gov-ls.com [nofollow]

http://gov-ls.com/index1.php [nofollow]

How would i PROPERLY edit the index file to do this without disturbing anything else on the forums?
Any help on this would be extremely appreciated.  Thanks.

bloc

No, you can't edit index.php..you rather edit index.template.php inside the Amber theme folder.

mallows

hello! :D im using this theme as my default.. but i have a slight problems. everytime i click the reply button, i have to log-in again and again. im not the only one who's experiencing this kind of problems. my members are asking me about this kind of issue also. we love the theme and we wanna keep it as our default. i dunno if what's wrong.. if you can just help me guys. otherwise, thanks to Bloc! the theme looks so good..

Rayard

Hey bloc thanks, that helped alot.  I got it working perfectly.  Thanks so much.  I have one last issue though, I cant seem to change the name of the cell on the side.  Since it was the search block, the tab says "Search"  I want to change that.  I can find where i would change it for News and the other side blocks, but for some reason I cant find it for the "Search" block which is now my custom flash block.  Please help out, its the last thing i need lol.  How can i edit that "Search" tab to say what i need it to?

bloc

Its in fact just a language string..so find this and change it:
<b>', $txt[182], '</b>
to:
<b>YOURTEXT</b>

Rayard

BLOC!!  Thanks xD  You rock

Rayard

Is there a way to make it so You get a pop up when you recieve a personal message via the admin panel without having to edit every users account manually?  I see that i can edit their personal messaging options myself, but that would take a long time to do, and i would like it so the user cant turn this feature off.  PMs arent send often on my forums and when they are its usually for an important reason, I want to make sure people see them as soon as they login.  Thanks.

ReD^DeviL

Cool thanks..Me loves it
Goal! Football Forums -- Don't let your opinion go to waste!

www.goalforums.net

Advertisement: