News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

HTML - Design - Layout - Template

Started by TF_, March 18, 2004, 05:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TF_

I want my text on forum description on the board-index smaller. How do I do that?

I had a 3D effect board on YaBB SE before I converted, and after converting to SMF the template was really ******ed up... Some places it was 3D but overall it was really ******ed. How can I fix that so its look almost like my old YaBB SE?

Tyris

The most powerful way for you to do it is via the template files... that is mostly: index.template.php but also the other ones... unfortunately if the converter didnt do stuff right... there isnt much more you can do than go into these templates and fix them. (as far as I know)

Xenomorph

what you should of done was made a screen shot of your old forum, and then with the new forum, go through styles.css and index.template.php and change things one by one to make it look like the old look.

also, copy over one of the default templates (SMF default or YaBBSE classic) to work with. just dont distrobute your modified work. :)

madfiddler

God knows how I'm going to make my test SMF look like www.fiddleforum.com

Shaylanna

I want to be able to add links on the side like www.fiddleforum.com  how do I do that?

Coding is not my forte =/

Martje

Quote from: madfiddler on March 18, 2004, 07:12:17 PM
God knows how I'm going to make my test SMF look like www.fiddleforum.com

:) I hastitated a long time to covert yabbse board to SMF, I build test Smf and new yabbse boards to try it out but finaly i did convert my real board and it was done in a minute without problems ... and it converted my old template too  ;D so that will be the easiest way.

the longer way is to edit your template, its easier than it looks in the beginning :)
and it gives you a good look into the template system

madfiddler

So, if your template was converted, there MUST be a template converter somewhere? Would it take too long to turn that into a standalone app?

Puleeze?????

[Unknown]

You can run upgrade again and convert it.

-[Unknown]

madfiddler

The reason I didn't do a full upgrade, and did an upgrade with a clean install plus a ybbse database, is because I've been using Supermod. I didn't want all of the out of date files kept if not needed. Upgrading a supermod board left too many redundant files and directories, if you know what I mean.

Martje

:) yep I understand, lots of work though ;) mad

madfiddler

Mm, yeah :(

You DID you get that photograph of me? *grin*

Advertisement: