News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Translation FAQ

Started by bostasp, March 18, 2004, 12:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agridoc

Quote from: bostasp on March 18, 2004, 12:10:58 PMA button set generator, for instance, Marco van Veelen's Button Generator.

First switch the browser to UTF-8 then choose SMF button style. Non English languages don't work in ISO 8859-1.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

Daniel D.

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

No, did not work. The characters becomes blocks and they are not what I wanted. i turned on my character encoding to UFT-8. But still it did not work.

agridoc

You must choose a font that contains the charset of your language.

That could be a problem with some languages.

ssdt can you post a word in your language to try with?
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

No it did not work. Can you see this?
কি

if you can, then there some other method

agridoc

I can see one (or two) strange character, that can't be used with Buttongenerator by Marco van Veelen neither with Bloc's Button-generator.

I can make buttons in Greek, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew not in Chinese and your language. Bloc has explained in the past that it' s a matter of character sets available in the font used.

What I can think that you can do now is use the Buttongenerator to make empty buttons, then use a graphics program of your choise to add text.

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

Yeah, that's the only hope.
I would like to ask something else too. That is that is there any guides on how  to translate SMF. If so, could you give me the link.

Thanks

agridoc

Read the first post for instructions (I believe I mentioned it already twice).

Also How do I add a new language?

casper_17

fatal error :S
www.waptr.org
www.waptr.org [nofollow]

Daniel D.

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

I have translated some of SMF and when I want to use it, it doesn't work. I get an error message saying- Template parse error.

Daniel D.

Then you forgot something in the files. Email them to me and I can take a look.

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

Quote from: Daniel D. on February 19, 2008, 05:45:14 AM
Then you forgot something in the files. Email them to me and I can take a look.

Oh, I thought that I could translate one file and then check them.
Thanks.

Daniel D.

You can, but you deleted something by accident. Email me the file that causes the error or all if you don't know which one.

Daniel D.

First: You should download english (!!), not english_british! Those files are not the ones who are up to date - please re-download!

You deleted the second point in here (index.xxx.php):
Quote' . $txt[28] . '
Do NOT delete anything between the quotes if a text string is called from SMF.

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

Now I need to know how to change the numbers so that they become in the other language. Can someone help me with that?

Daniel D.

You don't have to change the numbers! Did you read the FAQ in the first post? You only have to translate the english words. If there is another number in the text string, don't touch it and leave it as it is.

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

OK, thanks. but I wanted to do that for my forum. I am not going to put that inside the translation.

Daniel D.

You must NOT change the numbers because SMF will stop working. There is NO need for changing them. I don't know what you want to add to the translation beside translating the text. You can add all things into the strings, but you should not change the numbers before the strings or inside the strings surrounded with points and quotes.

Example:
Quote$txt['smf55'] = 'Hold down the ctrl key to select multiple entries.  Click the ' . $txt[17] . ' button when you are done.';
Don't translate the red text or delete points, quotes or numbers! You can mix up the words in your language, but you should check what you translated.

Advertisement: