News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Translation FAQ

Started by bostasp, March 18, 2004, 12:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

Daniel D.

If you've further questions, please post them here. :)

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

I want to know how to change the help file. It is in english. I want to know which file I need to translate to change the help. Could anyone please tell me?

Daniel D.

Please look through the files! Help.english.php.

Akyhne

When I use Marco van Veelen's Button Generator, I simply get some funny text on the buttons. Do you have the same problems?

hipertekspeed

im having problems displaying Japanese characters in my forum, I would like to keep the default in English but I just want to be able to type in Japanese and vice versa.. it would show in preview but it turns into question marks ??? after I hit the submit button..

CapriSkye

Hey Daniel, I'm done with chinese traditional language, just need a bit of testing and i'll send it to you. can you also change the flag in the download page? right now it's showing the same flag as chinese simplified. this is the flag that we use,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg

Daniel D.

Sorry for my little absence. I'm sorry for that and I'll change it.

Strah

Hi !I am not sure  if this is the right topic for my question  but may be...:)

Anyone can explain me how can I change  the forum language form english to russian or romanian ? I know that my be is a simple question but I have no idea -  If is posible  to explain me FROM SCRATCH .
Everything I know is - I have to download the language pack ( ok -I can do that ) to my PC, after to uploud it to ...??? I dont know where  and how ...
I am not good in PHP or  something like that .
Thank you
Iurii

Daniel D.

Unzip the package and upload the Themes folder into the root folder of SMF. After that activate it in the admin panel and the profile settings.

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

How much more time will it take for Bangla to be avalible in SMF support forum?

please include it as soon as possible

ranKoto

السلام عليك

Hi all,

Can anyone can me how to make SMF with support more than 1 languange like this, i mean i could write in 2 or 3 languange in one post, like this

thanks

target_locked

Is there language pack for SMF 2.0 beta 3 ?
SMF 1.1.4 now 1.1.8
¡uʍop ǝpısdn ɹoʇıuoɯ ʎɯ pǝuɹnʇ oɥʍ ¡ʎǝɥ

Gary

It depends on the language you want. :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

target_locked

Quote from: Dark Gazmanafc on June 21, 2008, 07:44:08 AM
It depends on the language you want. :P

Even in the download section, English language, I could not see a package for SMF 2.0, only 1.1.5 available.
http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?languages;lang=english_british

I just want to translate to my language.
SMF 1.1.4 now 1.1.8
¡uʍop ǝpısdn ɹoʇıuoɯ ʎɯ pǝuɹnʇ oɥʍ ¡ʎǝɥ

Gary

If you want to translate into your language, then use the English (Not English British) pack and translate the strings.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

agridoc

It's true that neither English language download page contains, at this moment, a language pack for SMF 2.0.

target_locked, until this is taken care after, you can use a slightly older English language pack smf_2-0-beta3_english  from Archived releases.

With this file you will see what files are included in the language pack. The latest 2.0x download will contain the latest language files too. If not yet done, read again the first message in this topic for instructions.

P.S. The file agreement.txt should be translated too for a complete translation, might worth adding in the instructions.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

Anub1s

hay guys well first its great to be using smf i love it and have used it foe many years. simple and easy to operate and maintain.

i have a problem.my forum is in Italian and English (only reason is i can not read Italian lol) anyway it is not showing the caricatures that define the words like the e with the ` and so on. now its coming up with � when i installed it i did make it uft-8 so I'm confused now what to do should i change it from uft-8 or do something els.

i am in your need oh great keepers of smf knowledge.

to see what i meen go to http://ceser.cfgraphics.info/forum/ 

thanks again shadow

"UPDATE"

I have tryed to resave the laguage packs as UTF-8 still no joy

Daniel D.

Why not downloading the latest SMF version to take those english files? I don't understsand it...

Advertisement: