News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

it won't install properly

Started by whenimondamic, March 18, 2004, 12:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whenimondamic

during the installation, i've filled everything out correctly, but nothing went successfull, i did everything i was supposed to do (loaded everything up correctly, the chmod settings are right etc) but still this, during the installation, nothing installed successfully

Dem0n

Quote from: Nightfall on March 18, 2004, 12:11:46 PM
during the installation, i've filled everything out correctly, but nothing went successfull, i did everything i was supposed to do (loaded everything up correctly, the chmod settings are right etc) but still this, during the installation, nothing installed successfully

whats the error you got?

whenimondamic

Quote from: Dem0n on March 18, 2004, 12:13:13 PM
Quote from: Nightfall on March 18, 2004, 12:11:46 PM

whats the error you got?

QuoteWarning: Some of the queries failed!!
Your installation may not work correctly!

it showed tons of errors

whenimondamic

Ben_S

Paste the errors then or we won't know where it is going wrong.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

whenimondamic

Quote from: Ben_S on March 18, 2004, 12:59:58 PM
Paste the errors then or we won't know where it is going wrong.

well, it said everything went successfull now, but now i got these errors at the end of the install after i set up my admin acount

QuoteWarning: Unable to access /home/.sites/100/site278/web/testforum/Sources/Subs.php in /home/.sites/100/site278/web/testforum/install.php on line 702

Warning: Failed opening '/home/.sites/100/site278/web/testforum/Sources/Subs.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/.sites/100/site278/web/testforum/install.php on line 702

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: updatestats() in /home/.sites/100/site278/web/testforum/install.php on line 703

[Unknown]

Are you sure Subs.php was properly uploaded?

-[Unknown]

whenimondamic

when i tried to acces the Sources folder it said "550 sources: permission denied" could this be the problem? w/e it is

[Unknown]

Yes, that certainly would cause problems.  I would contact your host.

-[Unknown]

whenimondamic

alright, I've tried to install it again, but it didn't work, i did everything right, but i can't show the errors, cause the list is just too big to post
ill describe it:

installing all components of the forum in the sources folder went unsuccessfull, what is wrong with my forum? i don't get it, it just wont install

Oldiesmann

Make sure everything is chmodded properly. Your "web" folder needs to be chmodded to at least 755, and so do all the other folders.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Dem0n

also may want to post a link to your forum.

Martje

QuoteMake sure everything is chmodded properly. Your "web" folder needs to be chmodded to at least 755, and so do all the other folders.
Some hosts have other permissions though, mine maps have to be 705 , if I use 755 I get errors, so check that at your host help pages too .

nil

My guess is that you used WS_ftp pro which frequently has problems uploading everything.  I gut this type of thing the first time I uploaded it to my server.  When I got this most of the files where there, but when I looked at them I saw that they were completly blank.

I now use Cute ftp Pro and have not had any problems with missing or incomplete files.

Killer Possum

I second what nil says about FTP programs. I have WS_ftp pro at work and it does nothing but cause problems for me, and I have CuteFTP Pro at home and I love it :)

Douglas

I use WS_FTP Pro, and have been using it for over 4 years without problem.  The key to using it is that you need to identify which file extensions get transferred in which mode.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

eFishie

I use SmartFTP. It's a very good FTP program, IMO. Unfortunately, make sure you get the latest releases of it or else it like to open up internet explorer windows to their web site to no end. Trust me, I know.
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

Tyris

I'm using ws_ftp ... I've had little trouble...
has a few little annoyances, but I doubt any less than any other software...

Beaman

Quote from: <? Piranha($fx); ?> on March 25, 2004, 12:29:21 PM
I use SmartFTP. It's a very good FTP program, IMO. Unfortunately, make sure you get the latest releases of it or else it like to open up internet explorer windows to their web site to no end. Trust me, I know.

I currently use SmartFTP and I'm very pleased with it's flawless operation. I suppose the model is a recent version as it never tried to access their website. I'm sold on it, I'm purchasing a licence and upgrading from the demo to see what other features it has. I have uploaded and set up YaBBSE in the past with no problems and now SMF with SmartFTP, works great.

When the day comes that my internet connection fails, is the day I return back to reality. *Ewww*

Advertisement: