News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Mercury

Started by Bloc, March 23, 2006, 01:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

Link to the theme

Done another theme which I would like to share with you. Felt inspired by the colors on DeviantArt ( for those who know it :) ) and added the buttons from my Apollo theme - since they seem to sit well with it. It has a "topbar" like Themis, which you can put in own HTML code, but no sidebar though. Graphics are free to use, as long as it is in the context of a SMF-driven forum.

And as always , comments are welcome.

- For buttonsets in different languages, see this thread - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=13487.0
since it uses the same buttons as the Apollo theme.

demo:
http://www.tinyportal.net/demo/index.php?demo=mercury

JCRL761

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2

Hi. I am not sure if this is the right category for this question/problem. I am currently running an upgraded version of 1.1RC2 and I've applied the Mercury theme found in the Themes Section. I like it alot and want to use it, but so far I've tried two different addons and neither of them were applied to the Mercury Theme files. They were only applied to the default theme files. I've got about 12 different addons and mods I want to add.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a place within the script where I can change it so that if affects the Mercury theme?

2. Are there themes I can look at where I don't have to worry about Theme Compatibility?

3. Whats the easiest way to fix this problem?

Thanks.

bloc

Updated to work with SMF 1.1 RC3.

Bigguy

JCRL761 I think the only way to do this is to add the edits from each mod manually to the theme you want to use, but I really don't think this is the proper thread to ask this question in.

Alice

Does anyone know which file to edit where avatar2.gif and avatar.gif are located?  I need to make avatar.gif two separate images (now they go both to header and in the post box).  Thanks in advance for your help  :)

bloc

Display.template.php.
                                                        <div class="smalltext" style="background-image: url(', $settings['images_url'], '/avatar', $message['alternate'] == 0 ? '' : '2', '.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat;">';

Its actually doing some php magic to alternate between avatar.gif and avatar2.gif, they have slightly different background-color.

bloc

Existant

I love the theme, and just installed it last night.

A question if I may

When a post is stickied, how do I make it so the background of the stick posts, in the list of posts, is slightly darker, so it is more visibly evident that it is sticky?

beercheck

I placed some bad HTML/Javascript using Mercury's built-in editor. After saving it, I get pretty much a blank page. So I can't go back and just undo what I did.

When I've made similar errors in the index.template.php, it's easy to just download it via ftp, modify it in a text editor and ftp it back up to my server. But I can't seem to find any files that contain the code for my top/header stuff.

Basically, what file is modified when editing the "this is where you put stuff that will be at the top of your page" box contents in the forum's admin area?

I got myself out of the pickle by disabling javascript in my browser.  I was then able to go through the admin tool and edit the "Topbar (use your own HTML code)" box in:

Theme Settings > Theme Options and Preferences

But I'd still like to know where the stuff in that box is stored.  I guarantee I'll do this sort of thing again..

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

bloc

Its stored in the database actually..try the "xxx_themes" table and look for "topbar".

beercheck

Quote from: Bloc on August 03, 2007, 03:19:19 PM
Its stored in the database actually..try the "xxx_themes" table and look for "topbar".

Diabolical..

Existant

Quote from: Existant on July 31, 2007, 06:07:32 PM
I love the theme, and just installed it last night.

A question if I may

When a post is stickied, how do I make it so the background of the stick posts, in the list of posts, is slightly darker, so it is more visibly evident that it is sticky?

Any idea on this yet?

Advertisement: