Bahasa Melayu

Started by AzamKL, March 23, 2006, 09:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzamKL

I'm currently dping the translation for Bahasa Melayu, a local language spoken in Malaysia and also Indonesia. But, i'm stuck in the middle with my daily works. So, if there anyone interested in 'Bahasa Melayu' language pack, please support me so that I can finish it for the sake of SMF Community.  ;)
~Engrave the creativity~

Hasanudin

fairx

forum torrentmalaya.com ada guna versi BM tapi diaorang pakai 1.0.7

sapa yg buat tak tau..

kalau ada bahasa punya translation pun chantekk gak nih sebab aku buat forum untuk org Perak

mrnizeone

salam... saya juga sedang mengusahakan untuk membuat translation / terjemahan dari English kepada Bahasa Melayu.. saya berharap dalam masa sebulan ini, dapat diselesaikan projek ini..

jemput ke forum saya... http://www.mypolycampus.net [nofollow]

Akyhne

Hi there.

We already have Malay(Bahasa Melayu) set up in our language editor. If you are interested translating SMF into this language and/or you already have some translation done in Malay, we would be more than happy to hear from you.

You can read more about translating SMF into other languages here: SMF is searching for translators!

mrnizeone

Quote from: Akyhne on June 19, 2009, 12:51:29 AM
Hi there.

We already have Malay(Bahasa Melayu) set up in our language editor. If you are interested translating SMF into this language and/or you already have some translation done in Malay, we would be more than happy to hear from you.

You can read more about translating SMF into other languages here: SMF is searching for translators!

i try to translate it within a month. once done i'll inform SMF  :) (sorry my english not so good)  ;D

for example please refer to my forum at http://www.mypolycampus.net/index.php?action=forum [nofollow]

Akyhne

Hi mrnizeone.

That would be great. However we have a tool to do translations. That is a lot easier to use, then to translate files directly. You just need to follow the guide in the link I gave you.

It's a nice forum you have, but there is an error in the buttom of the forum saying
QuoteSorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.

You should fix that issue as soon as possible.

mrnizeone

erm.. i don't get it?

QuoteTheme By Alee | Valid XHTML & CSS
Powered by SMF 1.1.9 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC

Is that not enough for the copyright purpose? If so, i think it's that because of the theme.

BADANG

selalunya bahasa inggeris tu dah fix dengan codec, bila kena translate nanti tak pening ke?

mrnizeone

Quote from: BADANG on June 20, 2009, 09:46:16 AM
selalunya bahasa inggeris tu dah fix dengan codec, bila kena translate nanti tak pening ke?

so far i've translate it about 20%.. there is no issues arise... but i think if we change or edit the coding of the forum or the theme without a basic knowledge of php and html coding, there will be a bugs and error... but since this is only for the translation of the language from english to bahasa melayu and not touching any coding and etc.. sure it's ok... sorry my english not so good er.. btw i'm not so expert in term of coding...

Akyhne

Regarding your forum error, it's probably because of a theme, or someone deleted the original copyright. You should ask in the help section about getting the error fixed.
The original copyright also looks a lot better than the error you are having.

As for translating, you don't need programming skills, you just have to edit/translate strings of text.

mrnizeone

Quote from: Akyhne on June 20, 2009, 01:49:36 PM
Regarding your forum error, it's probably because of a theme, or someone deleted the original copyright.
The original copyright also looks a lot better than the error you are having.

i still don't get it..  :D

Akyhne

It really doesn't matter. Your error seems to have dissapeared.

mrnizeone

kepada rakan2 yang berminat untuk membuat translation SMF ke Bahasa Melayu... apa kata kita berbahagi tugas dan peranan? kita boleh gunakan Bahasa Indonesia juga sebagai panduan, kerana kita juga serumpun  ;) mungkin kita boleh anjurkan gathering kecil untuk saling kenal-mengenali  :D

to all my friends who are interested to translate SMF to Bahasa Melayu... why not we arrange to devide our part and duty? each of us translate as much as we can... and we help each other... we can use or refer to Bahasa Indonesia also, since we are also in same region... Malay Nusantara...  ;) kindly contact me if interested.. may be we can arrange a small gathering to get know each other better  :D

rei27

The target market of my forum is malay, so i wish to change to malay version too. So is it possible that only change the view of member or guest to malay, but the admin part still in english version?

Akyhne

You just select Malay as the forums standard language. Then for your own profile, just select English. The admin center will then show in English to you.
So the language selection is per user, not per member group.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I have done several translations for SMF 2.0 RC2 UTF-8. Will be completed soon and will update at the language editor after finalizing.

Akyhne

What languages did you translate?

It's Malay Language. Bahasa Melayu as per this topic.

I already update / upload few SMF 2.0 RC2 files in Language Editor. Will be focusing only on SMF 2.0 only.

Advertisement: