SMF 1.0.7 and patch for 1.1 RC2 released

Started by Compuart, March 29, 2006, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WraithWatcher

Quote from: HarzeM on April 02, 2006, 12:25:46 PM
Go to Admin Panel, Forum Maintenance. "Empty all unimportant logs" and "optimize tables" will clean a lot without data loss ;)

Thanks Muchly for this, It appears to have helped alot, I did noticed the lag once or twice after I followed these steps, however it all appears to be working properly again now

Thanks again  :)

nonz

is there a full version for 1.1RC2 that contains the update ?

Marcus J

Quote from: Compuart on March 30, 2006, 05:24:00 AM
Quote from: max on March 30, 2006, 01:22:04 AM
I got a message "Session verification failed.  Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again" when trying to update from the admin center. Is this because my forum (SMF 1.1 RC2) is bridged with Joomla! (1.0.8)? I can of course do manual update, but in the future it would be nice if I could run the updates from the admin center... :(
Not sure, I haven't tested it with Joomla, but it should not be a problem, unless something with the JavaScript fails.

Quote from: azc on March 30, 2006, 01:23:23 AMAnyone know when (if?) the updated 1.1 RC2-1 files:

Poll.php,
QueryString.php, and
Search.php

will be included in either 'smf_1-1-rc2_install.zip', or 'smf_1-1-rc2_update.zip', or 'smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade.zip' files in the Download Section?
Since it's a Release Candidate the downloadable version will remain the same. As soon as 1.1 RC3 and/or 1.1 final are released, the files will of course contain the patch.

Quote from: Mookey on March 30, 2006, 02:23:40 AM
I've downloaded the Update, but there are many files in there.  Including the sources folder, and the update.php.  How do I install this manually?
I've uploaded two attachments containing the updated files for 1.0.7 and 1.1 RC2. You can use those to perform the upgrade if the package manager patch fails.

For those that are trying to upgrade 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 from the admin panel.  (ppuga)  And are getting the-

"An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted."

Compuart already posted the files we need.  Look at his response to my question. (Page three of this thread).  Download just those files attached in that link.  (The 1.0.7 attachment.)  Connect to your server and replace your current versions with those only.  I experienced the same thing.  Downloaded the files he posted, connected, replaced, was done in two minutes. 

Good luck,

-Marcus

brianharrell

What happens when no packages display?

"Attempting to fetch the most popular and recent packages from www.simplemachines.org..."

I have 1.05 version

How to update now?

Modification Packages
No packages yet. 
No packages yet. 
Language Packages
No packages yet. 
Unknown Packages
No packages yet. 

Furvert

I applied the patch and noticed it mods the javascript file that I seem to recall was related to a firefox bug?

It installed fine but today I have an odd error, an attachment cannot be saved using firefox but it works in IE.

Firefox shows this every time
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

IE does the download as usual.

I will temporarily enable test account with adult membership
http://furvert.net/smf/index.php?topic=514.0 This has the picture in question.
Clicking the named link should enable the standard download
http://furvert.net/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=514.0;attach=1582 Looks correct?

Another oddity is I checked another post and it worked, does this suggest Database corruption?
Thanks for any help

Please relocate this post if it doesnt relate to this topic

EDIT- I compared the java code and it is unchanged. Thus it is not related to that aspect. Settings.php looks ok as well. Checking inside attachments via admin shows normal access.
Firefox version is 1.5.0.1
SMF1.1RC2

Cottelletje

i got a question is the 1.1 rc 2 better than the 1.0.7 version?
if you installed the 1.0.7 version is it good to change it to the 1.1 rc2?or not? ;D
|| Leonardo Dicaprio is the Hottest Man Alive Believe Me ||

kozuch82

Business Linux Board [nofollow] - Business Linux reviews and community!
Free Scripts Forum [nofollow] - Blogger, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla or phpBB???
StandyWorld.org [nofollow] - The free place for open standards!
OpenBook [nofollow] - Between $100 MIT Laptop and consumer Tablet PC!

ediww

after installing it on 1.1.rc2 i've got many (i mean, MANY) entries in the error log like

Гост       четвъртък, 06 април 2006, 14:27
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address       Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session cbaf1eca257ce177edd70fc231693b511
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://forum.bg-mamma.com/index.php?topic=89801.0
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: is_admin
/home/bgmamma/public_html/Sources/Load.php

all of them are guests

the undefined indexes are different, and the php is mainly Load.php, but also some others.

---fixed - turned out to be a db problem.
Beep-beep-beep. Beep-woop-woo. Beep-boop.

crosinski

BadHat:
Re: SMF 1.0.7 and patch for 1.1 RC2 released
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2006, 09:05:03 PM »

After it updated it showed 30 success files.

We had the same error msg and I used chgmod to reset what I guessed to be the next few files in sequence and then hit proceed again.
It took several tries but did eventually finish.

There is a box at the bottom that says "Some of the files this package needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and chmoding the files."

The ftp info in the boxes is correct but nothing seems to happen.

When you "get info" on a directory it shows the settings on the directory but this is not neccesarily the same settings that are on the files and subdirectories within. You need to dig in and check them individually. Fetch has a "select all" command on the edit menu of which I am very fond.

Good Luck

"The lord Jesus is risen"
                     - Quick, Hide the eggs!

Tx_Cowboy

i tried to install the update through the admin area of my forums , but when i do i get this
1. Execute Modification  ./Source/QueryString.php   Failure       the rest say sucessful

chinathetimes

If you'll pardon me for saying ... I am getting the message that the patch is corrupt and I have a brand new install.... One user - admin ... one post ... welcome ... and all defaults with no patches whatsoever.

I tried through the patch manager doing a direct install... Corruption message.

Then I tried downloading the patch to my system and doing an upload and got the same message.

Unzipping the file and uploading the contents sounds a bit like 'The part won't fit' ... 'So hit it with a hammer until it does'.

I am left wondering if there is a deeper problem with my system or configuration that will cause greater problems in the future.

Does the fact that some of us have SMF installed under a subdirectory have anything to do with it?

Mine is installed under my_root/forum/

I am just trying to find out why my install is having problems.
I'm running SMF 1.1.3 on http://www.chinathetimes.com/

Dannii

If you just installed it, did you also just download it? The install package on the download page has already been patched.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

chinathetimes

Quote from: eldacar on April 13, 2006, 01:37:08 AM
If you just installed it, did you also just download it? The install package on the download page has already been patched.
Well, I went to the download page and since this is just me rebuilding my system, I looked at the release number and saw it was the same as the one already on my computer from the last download so I didn't bother to download it again.

Hence the reason most places use release numbers ... so that we know when there are differences.

Seriously, if you saw Widgits 1.1.rc2 install and you had a copy of Widgits 1.1.rc2 install sitting on your computer, would you bother with a download or use the one you already had???  :-\

Dannii

There are different release numbers, internally it will display 1.1 RC2-1
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

chinathetimes

Quote from: eldacar on April 13, 2006, 02:51:34 AM
There are different release numbers, internally it will display 1.1 RC2-1
LOL

Well, that clears everything up.

So you're saying that to find out if I need to download something, I have to download it and open it?

I completely deleted my site and am rebuilding from scratch.

I could NOT look at it from inside SMF if that is what you are implying.

I looked at the latest release on the downloads page which is "SMF 1.1.rc2 install" I then looked in my directory of downloaded components which says the same thing.

There is no mention of the security patch being incorporated into the release in the description "Installation package for SMF 1.1 RC2 (contains English only, download other languages below.)
Use this for a new installation, just run install.php after uploading all the files."

When I then went into the admin panel after doing the install, I found the announcement of the security patch and noticed the 'red flag' on the sources.

I tried to download it from the Packages directory and received the 'corrupted message' that you see other people have posted.

I downloaded the patch directly to my computer and tried to 'upload package' from there and received the same message.

My next step seems to be a choice of two things ... delete and re-install or do as suggested earlier and unzip the package and manually copy over the files.

My questions are: why can't I get the package to install in the first place?; what is wrong with my install?; and what is going to happen in the future when more patches and packages are released?

Am I and the others who have experienced this problem going to have to manually install packages continuously?

If you think the release on the site has the patch installed, I may take the option of a complete reinstallation since the forum is empty now.

I do however suggest that if you ARE going to continue to add patches to releases in the future then change the file name so we know. If internally it has an additional '-1' then let's see it in the file name too.

I do my changes via Dreamweaver and the deletion process is quite slow not to mention the upload of the files.

chinathetimes

Well, I can safely report to you that the patch is NOT applied on the version in the download directory.

Having just downloaded it and installed it from scratch, these files are still showing red and are not at the -1 level:

• poll.php
  • QueryString.php
  • Search.php

The patch also still errors out as corrupt.

Last step ... last ditch effort ... Download ... unzip and copy manually.

Thantos

chinathetimes, generally whenever we do a security release we update the version number, this is why 1.0.6 became 1.0.7.  This however causes some problems with mods written for a particular version.  So for our release candidate we decided to keep it RC2.  Also if we had updated it to RC3 people would have, rightly so, gotten the impression that it would be a closer to the finish product, which unfortunately is not the case.

chinathetimes

I am not quite sure what you two are talking about.

#1 the release in the download directory does NOT have the changes applied to it. I just downloaded it and installed it.

The question is still outstanding as to why 2 or three of us were unable to apply the patch by the standard method and had to resort to manually downloading the patch, unzipping the file and copying the files into the structure before uploading them as files.

It worries me that if we do not find the cause of this, several of us may have to resort to the same thing during the next major release.

I am not trying to be difficult but am attempting to give you as much information as I can about my experience in 'applying' this patch so that we can get to the bottom of it before it becomes a real problem for some noobies.

While my experience does not really allow me to contribute as a coder or in the areas of documentation, I can act as a fairly well informed 'trained idiot' who has broke the system.

Please, use me as a resource and let's find out what is preventing the patch from applying itself on a greenfield system.

Wynand

wil there be skins soon? Almost evry skin is for SMF 1.0.6....

Advertisement: