SMF 1.0.7 and patch for 1.1 RC2 released

Started by Compuart, March 29, 2006, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

Quote from: G6Cad on March 31, 2006, 08:09:10 AM
Hej staff of SMF and other SMF gurus ;)

Sense yesterday after i used the update files to SMF 1.1RC2 I encounter a new error in my errorlog.

I havent had that one before, and nothing else is added or changed so i guess it must have something to do with the update i applyed.

The error turns up when i admin the download section and add or remove files from it.
I have used my download section a lot without any errors before yesterdays update.
Anyone here who might have an idea on what i should look for or change? Or should i simply remove the update files  :o

http://www.familjegodis.se/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=admineditcat40
8: Undefined variable: item
File: /******/*****/******/******/forum/Themes/default/languages/Stats.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 317

It looks an error from a mod.  Did you use the patch or did you upload the new files?

Quote from: Prasad007 on March 31, 2006, 08:11:44 AM
ever since i installed this im getting this error:
Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

please help!
Thank you!

Look in your error log for the actual error.

G6™

QuoteHej staff of SMF and other SMF gurus Wink

Sense yesterday after i used the update files to SMF 1.1RC2 I encounter a new error in my errorlog.

I havent had that one before, and nothing else is added or changed so i guess it must have something to do with the update i applyed.

The error turns up when i admin the download section and add or remove files from it.
I have used my download section a lot without any errors before yesterdays update.
Anyone here who might have an idea on what i should look for or change? Or should i simply remove the update files  Shocked

Code:

http://www.familjegodis.se/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=admineditcat40
8: Undefined variable: item
File: /******/*****/******/******/forum/Themes/default/languages/Stats.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 317

It looks an error from a mod.  Did you use the patch or did you upload the new files?

I used the 1.1rc2 update and installed it from the packagemanager. No errors on the files, and installed successfully.
I have posted the error message on TinyPortal aswell, but sense i didnt had any errors before the update yesterday i thought it might have been something from the updatefiles that didnt apply well even if the manager said so.

I have TP V0.86 installed to yes. But as i said before, I had no errors from SMF 1.1rc2 or TP before the update.  ???

digibike

I did it again >:( Tried to upgrade but somehow mixed things up and got this message:

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!

I tried to copy the old version back but that didn't solve the problem. Anybody any idea how to solve this?

Oops, forgot to tell you I was running SMF 1.1 beta 3 and tried to get SMF 1.1 rc2. Hope the database is still usable.

Cottelletje

Quote from: Cottelletje on March 30, 2006, 11:48:21 PM
i tried to install the patch but some files are not writeable they say

Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

but what files are they talking about and where can i find them? ;D

anybody? :P
|| Leonardo Dicaprio is the Hottest Man Alive Believe Me ||

Wingnut31

Quote* Download the modification file, attached to this message, and modify the files manually according to it.

updated_files_1-0-7.zip

I tried package manager with my test form and got some errors so I downloaded the file listed above and FTP'd them to my test form, so is my test form completely updated or did I miss some steps.

Wingnut31

I took another look and don't think I updated so I downloaded the update and ran the upgrade.php so I'm assuming I'm fine now because I got no errors.

Which is better to run upgrade or update?

Thanks for the help.

SleePy

i see it updated the script.js. will i have to again change the end of the file name so people download the file again.
I thought about adding in a bit of code to make it do ?sessionid to always download. that good or no?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

The One

I tried with the package manager to get the 1.1 RC2 patch but I get this message.
QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.
Any ideas what to do?
The problem is choice

Bigguy

digibike

I did it again Boos Tried to upgrade but somehow mixed things up and got this message:

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!

I tried to copy the old version back but that didn't solve the problem. Anybody any idea how to solve this?

Oops, forgot to tell you I was running SMF 1.1 beta 3 and tried to get SMF 1.1 rc2. Hope the database is still usable.

When I try to start the forum without logging in (use another machine) the forum starts up ok. When logging in, the message about missing the copyright-notice comes again. Any ideas?

destalk

So does anyone know what an "input validation vulnerability of the X-Forwarded-For header" is? What does it do?

IngeJones

My package manager doesn't seem to be offering me this update.  It's only showing me the ones I already have installed.   If I choose the download packages option then it only offers me 3rd party mod sites.

I am running SMF 1.1 RC2

Prasad007

I tried repairing the db as trekkie said but it made no difference
secondly the error mentions some problem in tportal.php file at line 28

*EDIT*

Okay i checked the code and everything myself.
Nothing wrong in there.
Its another hack!!, i got hacked.....again!
No worries ill restore a db backup and ban the hacker's ip address.

WraithWatcher

Hi, I updated my version 1.1 RC2 through the package manager in a matter of seconds, all worked perfectly

I am however noticing a lag since the update

New post icons are remaining after viewing some posts and sometimes when I submit a reply etc, when it returns to my post after submitting the previous post is there but my post isn't, I find I have to refresh the page once or twice, or leave the thread & re enter to actually see the post

It only annoys me because my forum averages 450 posts a day & I am finding I am going back into already read topics because the new post icon has remained even though I've read it, after a few minutes it dissapears hence why I call it a lag

This has only happened since the patch, I haven't uploaded any mods etc since or even just prior to updating

anyone else having this problem?

Sheepy

The copyright is neither stored nor checked in database, but from language resource instead.  If the language is not being loaded correctly (or if it is malformed), then you'll see that error.

Maybe you can try a clean install retaining the database?

Deaks

Quote from: WraithWatcher on April 01, 2006, 02:00:13 PM
Hi, I updated my version 1.1 RC2 through the package manager in a matter of seconds, all worked perfectly

New post icons are remaining after viewing some posts and sometimes when I submit a reply etc, when it returns to my post after submitting the previous post is there but my post isn't, I find I have to refresh the page once or twice, or leave the thread & re enter to actually see the post

It only annoys me because my forum averages 450 posts a day & I am finding I am going back into already read topics because the new post icon has remained even though I've read it, after a few minutes it dissapears hence why I call it a lag

This has only happened since the patch, I haven't uploaded any mods etc since or even just prior to updating

This could also be a problem in your mysql database if its overused then it will slow done, have you tried cleaning this up? 
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

WraithWatcher

Quote from: sloopz on April 02, 2006, 08:02:52 AM
Quote from: WraithWatcher on April 01, 2006, 02:00:13 PM

This could also be a problem in your mysql database if its overused then it will slow done, have you tried cleaning this up? 

Cleaning up as in Forum Pruning???

My forum only has 104,000 posts so I could possibly prune posts but I try not to delete too much because it is a fansite with info about every episode of a Popular Tv Series, If you mean clean up MySql as in another manner, could you please clarify? Thanks

Harzem

Go to Admin Panel, Forum Maintenance. "Empty all unimportant logs" and "optimize tables" will clean a lot without data loss ;)

Fatih!

I'm using smf 1.0.6 and i got the following error when i tired to install any package.
Quote2: fopen() [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10003 is not allowed to access xxx/forum/Packages/temp owned by uid 30
Dosya: /var/www/vhosts/cileforum.net/httpdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
satır: 1476

how can solve this problem?
Tek sorunu; düşünebilmekti...

Bigguy

I do believe your host is using safe mode on there servers. You might have to talk to them about it. Try uploading it without using the package manager.

Advertisement: