News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.7 and patch for 1.1 RC2 released

Started by Compuart, March 29, 2006, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compuart

Quote from: aw06 on March 30, 2006, 06:04:44 PMHow do i do a Detailed Version Check .. isnt that whats being done when i click Check all files against current versions ?
yes, but then click on the languages link in that screen so you'll get a version check for each file.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

aw06

Quote from: Compuart on March 30, 2006, 06:09:01 PM
Quote from: aw06 on March 30, 2006, 06:04:44 PMHow do i do a Detailed Version Check .. isnt that whats being done when i click Check all files against current versions ?
yes, but then click on the languages link in that screen so you'll get a version check for each file.

Ok kool, done that, i have a some files (over 50) still listed as 1.0  :-\ .. how do i update all to 1.1rc2 ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Compuart

Download a 1.1 RC2 language pack from the download page (section 'Languages') and upload them to the language directory (probably /Themes/default/languages)
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

aw06

Quote from: Compuart on March 30, 2006, 06:23:37 PM
Download a 1.1 RC2 language pack from the download page (section 'Languages') and upload them to the language directory (probably /Themes/default/languages)

Im not using the default theme, does the files still go to that location ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Compuart

In most cases they do, unless you'd have theme specific language strings.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

aw06

Ok, will upload files when i get home ... Thanks for the speedy replies 8)

Snackmaster

Is the admin update feature not compatible with Windows? Permissions or access (CHMOD) settings?

I've never been able to update. I'm running 1.1rc2 and the Admin Package manager identifies what packages are available and provides a link to download them. This is the error message I always get:
An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to find package file!

And am I blind? I can't find this on the Downloads page
"It should be noted that we have provided one update package that patches versions 1.0.5, 1.0.6, and 1.1 RC2"

BryanSD

OK, I haven't seen this posted...I'm trying to download 1.1 RC2 patch and I get the the following:

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

The only change to the core that I made was the one suggested a few weeks ago within News and Update to fix the "Firefox bug": http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=66862.0 .  Is this the cause of my problem? or something else?

destalk

Does the 1.1beta 3 have to be updated? I.E. Is it vulnerable to this atttack?

Thantos

Cottelletje

i tried to install the patch but some files are not writeable they say

Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

but what files are they talking about and where can i find them? ;D
|| Leonardo Dicaprio is the Hottest Man Alive Believe Me ||

HMetal

I did the upgrade via packages and everything went smoothly but if an error occurs (when, since I'm a mod developer, it's almost guaranteed I'll see an error :)) I get an error that the database version is 1.0.6 and I should use upgrade.php to update the database.  Is this safe to do since 1.0.7 patch has already been applied?

I've written mods that exist in the database (e.g. smf_thumbs table).  This table will not be affected, will it?
http://www.phofan.com [nofollow] - Photography Fan Community Forums
http://www.pbase.com/hmetal/pad [nofollow] - My Photo-A-Day Project

aw06

Patch installed in a few minutes from the package manager .. i also updated all my language files to 1.1rc2

destalk

Quote from: Thantos on March 30, 2006, 10:22:26 PM
Yes.

That's a pain as Simplicity theme is only compatible with RC1. Will the patch work on this?

destalk

BTW, what is an "input validation vulnerability of the X-Forwarded-For header"? What does it do?

goku

What's wrong ??

I'm trying download this patch, but i got this code
This object has been blocked.

??

guruk

Any Great. Right now I do not like to install a new Version, till I am not able to handle my 1.0.6 in all the Way I like :)

I love for example the upload Function for Pics. Easy and effective.

AND! I am still looking for a Solution to show the Entries of one Topic in DESCENT Order.. Backwards... like in a blog !  The newest at the Beginning. If it works out, to do easier only showing the REPLIES in this Order what enough for the Start.

Do you have SOlution for this?/

Greets
Chris

G6™

Hej staff of SMF and other SMF gurus ;)

Sense yesterday after i used the update files to SMF 1.1RC2 I encounter a new error in my errorlog.

I havent had that one before, and nothing else is added or changed so i guess it must have something to do with the update i applyed.

The error turns up when i admin the download section and add or remove files from it.
I have used my download section a lot without any errors before yesterdays update.
Anyone here who might have an idea on what i should look for or change? Or should i simply remove the update files  :o

http://www.familjegodis.se/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=admineditcat40
8: Undefined variable: item
File: /******/*****/******/******/forum/Themes/default/languages/Stats.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 317

Prasad007

ever since i installed this im getting this error:
Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

please help!
Thank you!

Trekkie101

Quote from: guruk on March 31, 2006, 07:25:53 AM
Any Great. Right now I do not like to install a new Version, till I am not able to handle my 1.0.6 in all the Way I like :)

I love for example the upload Function for Pics. Easy and effective.

AND! I am still looking for a Solution to show the Entries of one Topic in DESCENT Order.. Backwards... like in a blog !  The newest at the Beginning. If it works out, to do easier only showing the REPLIES in this Order what enough for the Start.

Do you have SOlution for this?/

Greets
Chris
1.0.7 is identicle to 1.0.6 feature wise, you wont notice any changes.

Quote from: G6Cad on March 31, 2006, 08:09:10 AM
Hej staff of SMF and other SMF gurus ;)

Sense yesterday after i used the update files to SMF 1.1RC2 I encounter a new error in my errorlog.

I havent had that one before, and nothing else is added or changed so i guess it must have something to do with the update i applyed.

The error turns up when i admin the download section and add or remove files from it.
I have used my download section a lot without any errors before yesterdays update.
Anyone here who might have an idea on what i should look for or change? Or should i simply remove the update files  :o

http://www.familjegodis.se/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=admineditcat40
8: Undefined variable: item
File: /******/*****/******/******/forum/Themes/default/languages/Stats.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 317

Tiny Portal installed? Seek help from the mod author, its not an SMF problem.

Quote from: Prasad007 on March 31, 2006, 08:11:44 AM
ever since i installed this im getting this error:
Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

please help!
Thank you!

Version? 1.1 RC2 im guessing? Try repairing the database in cPanel (I know you've got that).

Advertisement: