SMF 1.0.7 and patch for 1.1 RC2 released

Started by Compuart, March 29, 2006, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatih!

Quote from: Bigguy on April 02, 2006, 02:40:28 PM
I do believe your host is using safe mode on there servers. You might have to talk to them about it. Try uploading it without using the package manager.
but, there are  a lot of file in the package.
which file must i change?
Tek sorunu; düşünebilmekti...

Bigguy

If you go into the admin control panel to the packages link and then click on "Download Packages" you can browse your computer for the package and upload it that way.

NOTE: Make sure the mod is on your computer somewhere.

~dragonfly~

I get this same error message when I tried to install the patch through the package manager.

Quote from: stormpixy on March 30, 2006, 02:11:54 AM

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

I am using SMF 1.1 RC2.  I'm still kinda new to all this, and would like to confirm what I should do before I start messing with anything.  I have one mod installed through the package manager and other modifications that have been done manually.  So to install this patch, does this mean I have to uninstall the mod in the package manager, manually install the files in the patch, and then reinstall the mod?  And any other modifications I've manually done will only need to be redone if the changes involved the files in the patch?

Any help is appreciated.  :)

Bigguy

You shouldnt have to uninstall anything, I have like 14 mods installed and it went fine for me.

~dragonfly~

In the package center, its says

QuoteIf you have any problems applying it, you can use the version posted on the downloads page - although, any modifications you have installed will need to be uninstalled. Please post on the forum if you need more help.

So does that quote apply then only if you have mods that affect the updated files?  I'm trying to learn as much as I can as I go along.

Thanks  :)

xenovanis

Quote from: ~dragonfly~ on April 02, 2006, 03:19:09 PM
In the package center, its says

QuoteIf you have any problems applying it, you can use the version posted on the downloads page - although, any modifications you have installed will need to be uninstalled. Please post on the forum if you need more help.

So does that quote apply then only if you have mods that affect the updated files?  I'm trying to learn as much as I can as I go along.

Thanks  :)

Before you install, SMF first checks whether it's safe to install the mod or not. You'll either get a "succes" on the files or a "failure". If you get a failure, do not click "proceed" and upgrade manually.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

~dragonfly~

Thanks xenovanis for the info.  :)  I'll definitely note that for my own future reference.  But the problem is in my last post before the one you quoted, I posted the error message I get through the package manager, and was trying to confirm what I should do before I mess with anything.  Bigguy said he didn't need to uninstall anything and it worked fine for him.  I was just being overly cautious.   Thanks.

Quote from: ~dragonfly~ on April 02, 2006, 03:00:33 PM
I get this same error message when I tried to install the patch through the package manager.

Quote from: stormpixy on March 30, 2006, 02:11:54 AM

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

I am using SMF 1.1 RC2.  I'm still kinda new to all this, and would like to confirm what I should do before I start messing with anything.  I have one mod installed through the package manager and other modifications that have been done manually.  So to install this patch, does this mean I have to uninstall the mod in the package manager, manually install the files in the patch, and then reinstall the mod?  And any other modifications I've manually done will only need to be redone if the changes involved the files in the patch?

Any help is appreciated.  :)

xenovanis

Oh sorry for that, must have missed it. How did you try to apply the package?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

~dragonfly~

I went into the Package Manager.  Under Browse Packages, in the Latest Packages section, I saw the link
QuoteA security issue has been identified in SMF 1.1 RC2. You can install this patch (click here to install) to easily update yourself to the latest version.

When I click on that link, I get
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!

So that is why I started asking about manually applying the patch, as I figured that was my alternative.

ppuga

I have the same problem, when I try to install the package (1.0.6 to 1.0.7): "The Package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF"

can some one post how to do it manualy? Wich files I have to upload, and where?

thanks

ps. I a newbie on forum administration so the more detailed the explanation the best, thanks.

Bigguy

Download the package to your desktop. Go to admin panel then to packages then to "download packages" "browse" for the file on your desktop and upload. If you get any errors it will have to be done manally. Hope this helps.

ppuga

Thanks Bigguy,

I've just do that and it doesn't work I get:

"An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted."

When trying to upload any of this:

smf_1-0-7_update.tar.gz

or

updated_files_1-0-7.zip

Who do I do it manually?

Bigguy

All you should have to do is upload all the files in the upgrade package by ftp to your host overwriting all the other files that are there. If you open the package you notice it has the same file structure as what is on your host. Keep it as it is and upload it all. After uploading all you should have to do is point your browser to upgrade.php and it should upgrade for you. Better get a second opinion on this just to make sure I have it all right.

NOTE: ALWAYS BACKUP EVEYTHING BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING

ppuga

Thanks Bigguy, let's wait for the second opinion on how to do this after uploading anything.

Bigguy

I`m pretty sure I have it right and if you have a "Home directory" backup done then there really shouldn't be a problem but I would like to make sure so your board doesn't get screwed up or anything.

BadHat

I have something of a problem.
I went into my admin and clicked on the update link.

After it updated it showed 30 success files.
However my site still shows that I am using Forum version: SMF 1.0.5

There is a box at the bottom that says "Some of the files this package needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and chmoding the files."
The ftp info in the boxes is correct but nothing seems to happen.

Fatih!

Quote from: Bigguy on April 02, 2006, 02:55:24 PM
If you go into the admin control panel to the packages link and then click on "Download Packages" you can browse your computer for the package and upload it that way.

NOTE: Make sure the mod is on your computer somewhere.
I've got the same error.
I want to install it manually. is there any database change in his package?
Tek sorunu; düşünebilmekti...

yahooadam

Im having problems

I installed the update, but it had "Modification parse error" next to all the stuf

well i had a backup, so i just did it

it hasnt updated from 1.1RC2 to 1.1RC2-1 - the files are still out of date

and now i cannot uninstall the update, it gives the error "You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"

ive Chmoded the directory to 777, i chmoded the entire /web/ folder to 777

and it still gave the error

so now i cant uninstall the update, and its still not up to date  ::) :'(

Edit
Well i just downloaded the modified files and used them, still cant uninstall the package, but whatever

ferretsrule

Does this mod clear out the moderation logs? On my forum The moderation logs have 'dissapeared' and I wondered if this update had anythingn to do with it.

Oldiesmann

It shouldn't touch the moderation logs at all. Double-check your settings and make sure it didn't accidentally get disabled.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: