SMF 1.0.7 and patch for 1.1 RC2 released

Started by Compuart, March 29, 2006, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

I saw it being built. A record time too, 23 hours 17 minutes. They showed it on one of those lifestyle TV shows.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Surferbird

Stop your boring explanations, slow is slow and the speed doesn't change whatever you're saying. :o
.:: Always something to ask - always grateful for assistance ::.

G6™

boring ? the only thing that is boring is people that always want things yesterday no matter what any other say or do.

Gary

Surferbird, what Douglas & Trekkie101 are explaining is what to expect with 1.1 in the very near future. 1.1 RC3 has been released to Charter Members and will probably go public in a week or two.

If I were you, I'd stop your flaming. Douglas, Trekkie, eldacar and everyone here is trying to help and explain the situation.

As Douglas says, I'd much rather wait 6 months for a stable release then a week for buggy software and end up with version SMF 1.1.78.

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Shonick

a month a go ,I could come to Packages section in admin section to upgrade this patch for my forum,but today I just install my forum again and I can't see the patch there to upgrade for my forum.Why can't  I see it there.Can anyone help me with this.There are 3 files here and I don't know which one I need so I can't do anything.Can anyone help me to get this patch

G6™

If you go to your package manager in your forum, you have a link to the correct file there, click it and it will install by it self :)

dkounal

Quote from: Douglas on August 17, 2006, 08:19:24 PM
would you rather have a release that has security or bug issues, or would you rather SMF takes its time to ensure a solid and stable release?

1.1 RC2 has UTF-8 broken in contrast with previous releases as mentioned here in the forum, why it was released? Because, 2 months later a cvs release fixes most of them but it is only available to charter members who are paying.

I have no problem with your ETA, but at least say the truth: "This is a commercial open source forum software that every year it is published free to everyone."

Trekkie101

Quote from: dkounal on August 21, 2006, 03:52:04 AM
Quote from: Douglas on August 17, 2006, 08:19:24 PM
would you rather have a release that has security or bug issues, or would you rather SMF takes its time to ensure a solid and stable release?

1.1 RC2 has UTF-8 broken in contrast with previous releases as mentioned here in the forum, why it was released? Because, 2 months later a cvs release fixes most of them but it is only available to charter members who are paying.

I have no problem with your ETA, but at least say the truth: "This is a commercial open source forum software that every year it is published free to everyone."

RC2 is not final software and its mentioned in the annoucement that its really up to you if you wish to update at your own will. RC3 has been released to charter members and then a pretty serious issue was found, so our plan of releases actually works, as we don't now have thousands of installs all with the same problem but instead we have caught it.

RC3 is coming, of that I promise you, you aren't missing a great deal apart from bug fixes, and then 1.1 Final will make an appearance and focus will switch to the development edition.

fixed quote - Compuart

Shonick

Quote from: Mrs G6 on August 21, 2006, 03:37:43 AM
If you go to your package manager in your forum, you have a link to the correct file there, click it and it will install by it self :)

man,I said I couldn't see it there.Please read the post correctly.thanks.

Ben_S

1.0.8 and 1.1 RC3 has been released, everyone should upgrade to those versions.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

J. Williams

My guess that would mean this topic deserves a lock, sinces of now its out-dated :P
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Compuart

Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Compuart

Quote from: Ben_S on August 22, 2006, 08:21:21 AM
1.0.8 and 1.1 RC3 has been released, everyone should upgrade to those versions.
Just a heads up, in addition to these two releases, an additional security patch is available for 1.1 RC2 for those who do not wish to immidiately upgrade to 1.1 RC3 (for instance because the modifications haven't been updated yet). The patch is only available in the package manager and after the previous patch has been installed.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Advertisement: