News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perplexed

you could try using the package parser to track down what code this mod added to your files and remove it manually.  Then if you want, install the latest version 3.17

MissyNL

Quote from: quiteperplexed on April 07, 2008, 06:03:46 PM
Quote from: Lafemme on April 07, 2008, 03:50:51 PM
Yes, the tab was showing before.

And i put the code like in this post, http://jovant.guruserve.com/test-forum/index.php?topic=19.0
as you have told me to do this :D

hmmm did you do it exactly as it says in that post?  I don't see how it wouldn't be working, did you also remember to uncomment the section?

QuoteThen, uncomment whole block of code. (Find and delete /* and */ that are around this block)

Yes I did, and i see the field in the profile, only i do not see the tab in the admin panel. When i installed UP, the CP tab did not show anymore.

Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

MissyNL

perplexed

so you had to edit files?  Maybe you could check your files and make sure you did the correct edits.  I think maybe especially modsettings.php

Jumbobeef

Quote from: quiteperplexed on April 08, 2008, 05:43:44 AM
you could try using the package parser to track down what code this mod added to your files and remove it manually.  Then if you want, install the latest version 3.17

Thanks.  I tried to install the lastest version to see what would happen, and now I have this:

Quote1. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.15   [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Increase/Decrease Postbox Size 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.17   [ Upgrade ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. View Only Boards 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. Users Online Today Mod 1.4.0b3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

If I try to click on [upgrade] it tells me the file is corrupt.

MissyNL

No. i havn't. Well.. later i have, but when i installed it, i did not. If worked fine before, but the momenent i installed UP, the CP tab was gone. I thought that UP had overwritten it and that they could not be ussed together..

Kindred

Quote from: Jumbobeef on April 08, 2008, 02:46:44 PM
Thanks.  I tried to install the lastest version to see what would happen, and now I have this:

Quote1. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.15   [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Increase/Decrease Postbox Size 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.17   [ Upgrade ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. View Only Boards 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. Users Online Today Mod 1.4.0b3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

Ummm....   You need to back the mod out of your system.   If it won't back out automatically, then you need to do so manually...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jumbobeef

Quote from: Kindred on April 08, 2008, 04:11:28 PM
Quote from: Jumbobeef on April 08, 2008, 02:46:44 PM

Quote1. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.15   [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Increase/Decrease Postbox Size 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.17   [ Upgrade ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. View Only Boards 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. Users Online Today Mod 1.4.0b3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

Ummm....   You need to back the mod out of your system.   If it won't back out automatically, then you need to do so manually...

Hi all,

Quote from: quiteperplexed on April 08, 2008, 05:43:44 AM

I used the package parser and replaced the listed files with fresh-out-of-the-box 1.1.4 files (and deleted the two extra files as required) bu I still have exactly the same as listed in my last post.

Any other ideas please?

Kindred

you replaced the source files, but you did not change the installed file in the packages directory. It still thinks that you have 3.15 installed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jumbobeef

Quote from: Kindred on April 09, 2008, 07:24:00 AM
you replaced the source files, but you did not change the installed file in the packages directory. It still thinks that you have 3.15 installed.

How do I do that please.

Kindred

try deleting the 3.15 version of the mod form the package manager interface.
Слaва
Украинi

Jumbobeef

Quote from: Kindred on April 09, 2008, 09:06:40 AM
try deleting the 3.15 version of the mod form the package manager interface.

Thanks.  I did that, and got rid of both of them.  However, if I then try to upload customprofile3-17, I get these error messages:

QuoteInstallation Readme
Sorry, but there is no upgrade package from your version. Please uninstall the previous version, and install this version. You won't lose any data.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Custom Profile Field Mod":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. 

Kindred

right....   so, now you will have to edit the "installed" file in your packages directory...
Слaва
Украинi

Jumbobeef

Quote from: Kindred on April 10, 2008, 09:19:35 AM
right....   so, now you will have to edit the "installed" file in your packages directory...

Should I just replace it with a fresh one from my 1.1.4 download?

Kindred

only if you want ALL your mods to not be listed any more.
Слaва
Украинi

Jumbobeef

OK, thanks.  No, I'd like to keep the other mods.  How do I remove just this one please?

Thanks.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on April 10, 2008, 09:19:35 AM
right....   so, now you will have to edit the "installed" file in your packages directory...

it's just a text file.
Слaва
Украинi

Jumbobeef

Hi,

In Installed.List, I have:

SMF 1.0.9 and 1.1 RC3-1 Security Patch|^|smf_patch_1-0-9_1-1-rc3-1.tar.gz|^|smf:smf_1-0-9_1-1-rc3-1|^|1.0.8/1.1 RC3
Users Online Today Mod|^|Users_Online_Today_1.4.0b3.zip|^|Michael.PedersenAkaCarceri:UsersOnlineTodayMod|^|1.4.0b3
Custom Profile Field Mod|^|customprofile3-15.zip|^|winrules:CustomProfile|^|3.15
View Only Boards|^|View_Only_Boards_1.2.zip|^|rudolf:customboardview|^|1.2
Increase/Decrease Postbox Size|^|PostboxIncDec_1-0.zip|^|daniel15:PostboxIncDec|^|1.0

I also have CustomProfile3-17.zip in the packages file.

Sorry, I'm not sure what to do.

Kindred

delete this line
Custom Profile Field Mod|^|customprofile3-15.zip|^|winrules:CustomProfile|^|3.15
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: