Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

you will have to do a manual transition...  the code for which has been stated 3 or 4 times in this thread.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

locutusweb

Quote from: Kindred on March 28, 2009, 05:08:39 PM
you will have to do a manual transition...  the code for which has been stated 3 or 4 times in this thread.

Owowowooo, you are totally right, shame on me. I see it now.

Quote from: drhamad on February 18, 2009, 01:48:57 PM
BINGO:

I've now figured out how to convert this mod's profile fields to 2.0 profile fields.  The data is stored the same exact way.  Therefore, all you need to do is change the variable in smf_themes.

Create the field in 2.0.  DO NOT ENTER ANY DATA.  Go into the database (using phpMyAdmin, or whatever your preferred method is), go into smf_themes and use this query:

UPDATE smf_themes
SET variable = "var1"
where variable = "var2"

Where var1 = the name of the field you just entered
and var2 = the name of the old (1.1) field.

THAT IS IT.

Kindred, thanks for your kind answer

Audiobreeze

Don't know if I am doing something wrong here, but I am having one minor issue with some supporting problems as well. My issue is that I cannot view the custom profile fields that I have created when I try and edit my profile. I can see the custom field when I am viewing the profile though. The other problems I found is with editing the php pages for this mod to work.

I was unable to find this line of code in ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Find: [Select]

// If karma is enabled let the admin edit it...

Replace With: [Select]

global $sourcedir;
   require_once($sourcedir . '/CustomProfile.php');
   EditFields();

// If karma is enabled let the admin edit it...

The closest I found to that line of code was this:
// If karma enabled show the members karma.

The other problem is finding this line of code in: ./Sources/Profile.php

Find: [Select]
   $erase_options = array();

Replace With: [Select]
   global $sourcedir;
   require_once($sourcedir . '/CustomProfile.php');
   CheckFieldInput('profile');

$erase_options = array();

I couldn't find anything close either. Can anyone please give me a hand?

alexandervba

Can any1 tell me where this info is stored in the database? I was trying to find it in smf_members but couldnt find it? I need to know where it is in the database so I can get it out with a socket on a mIRC script.

EDIT: I found it. Stores it in themes ^^

thx for making this mod anyways.

agreken

I've added (2) fields, Real Name (mbrRealName) and Member# (mbrChapterNo) to the profile. I have them marked for "Force Input" on the registration page, which does work (errors if I leave them blank). I also have "Member Approval" setup, but when I register a user, then go to their profile page to check those values, they are blank.

It looks like the registration page is not inserting the data into the database. I just registered a test user, filled in the fields, but they aren't in the database :( If I fill them in on an existing user from the Profile page, it works fine.

Do I need to add something somewhere else because of the custom theme?  I am using the Dark Rain  theme as the "site default" and have TP, SMF Gallery and this mod (downloaded today) loaded and SMF 1.1.8.

[SiNaN]

Make sure that field is not an admin edit only field.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

agreken

Wow! That was simple! Thanks BD!!!

olıverde8

Hi,

I would like to find where is stored the values. For exemple I added a text field that only admins can modify. it is called VirtualCoppers and its id is CP5.

I was able to find all this in the smfsettings

I changed the value of My Virtual Coppers to 30. where in the DB is this value

What I need is an external application that is connect to the DB that has nothing to do with SMF to fetch that value.

Thanks,

[SiNaN]

Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

olıverde8

victoryrock

I have a really dumb question.  I just installed this MOD, and it seems as though the Custom Fields are for things like Skype and other things like that, but what my intent in using it is for Phone Numbers and such.  Things that don't necessarily link to anywhere.

Can someone please run me through what I need to put in each field?  I am very confused.

Thanks,
victoryrock

Rumbaar

Just make a text field then.  You don't have to link to anything.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

victoryrock

Still don't see anything.  Here's my screen shot.  I entered values in but still don't see anything in the PROFILE tab.  Do I have to turn something on...?

Quote from: Rumbaar on April 22, 2009, 12:46:36 AM
Just make a text field then.  You don't have to link to anything.

Conay

Will this be updated to the 2.0.x versions?

Kindred

Quote from: Conay on April 22, 2009, 03:55:45 PM

Why would it?   Custom fields is already standard in 2.0
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Conay

Quote from: Kindred on April 22, 2009, 04:25:06 PM

Why would it?   Custom fields is already standard in 2.0

Oops  :P

cooloolo

Hi!

i am working with smf1.1.8 version and i have installed the mod successfully. now i am searching for the way how i can edit the searching and memberlist template.

i would like to customize the search template like the customized profile. i would like to search and find members as the customize field contents.

is there anybody who knows how to do that?

i am happy about any helping!

forwarding thxs, cooloolo

sorry for my mistaking english, i am from germany...

Kindred

this mod does not include a search function nor does it include the addition to the memberlist.

Doing either of those would have to be manually coded.
Слaва
Украинi

cooloolo

ok, it´s a pity....but i need this funktion...

does anybody knows how i have to write the code for?

EDIT: i think this work is too complex, so i will use the normal search and i will open a profile board...

Geko

Quote from: Kindred on April 22, 2009, 04:25:06 PM

Why would it?   Custom fields is already standard in 2.0

Rearangement of profile fields is not possible in 2.0 and it is very much needed. Anyone now the solution to that?

Advertisement: