Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBrute

DaBrute

I do notice ultimate profile uses the same mod setting and the test failed when I tried to uninstall. Before I added custom mod, i had no problems doing so.

Arantor

The error related to ModSettings.php - that's the first place to look. I note you've posted it, I'll take a look now - no need to post any further files for the moment.

EDIT: Try this version. You'll have to rename it back to ModSettings.php before uploading. Ultimate Profile kinda broke it.

DaBrute

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 05:10:53 PM
The error related to ModSettings.php - that's the first place to look. I note you've posted it, I'll take a look now - no need to post any further files for the moment.

EDIT: Try this version. You'll have to rename it back to ModSettings.php before uploading. Ultimate Profile kinda broke it.
So download it like normal?

Arantor

Yes. Then rename it back to ModSettings.php. Then upload it.

DaBrute

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 05:20:38 PM
Yes. Then rename it back to ModSettings.php. Then upload it.
IT WORKED!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!  What was the problem?  Would this mod work since i have ultimate profile installed? THANKS!!!

Arantor

There were three problems.

Two of them concerning Ultimate Profile (two instance of this):
'ultprofile' => 'ModifyUltProfileSettings'
'profile' => 'ModifyProfileSettings',

Which should have been:
'ultprofile' => 'ModifyUltProfileSettings',

And ModifyProfileSettings was listed twice.

DaBrute

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 05:34:23 PM
There were three problems.

Two of them concerning Ultimate Profile (two instance of this):
'ultprofile' => 'ModifyUltProfileSettings'

Which should have been:
'ultprofile' => 'ModifyUltProfileSettings',

And ModifyProfileSettings was listed twice.
THANKS MAN....how do you know all this stuff?  TEACH ME MASTER!! LOL

Arantor

Well, all I did was drop the file into my intranet and tried to run it. It told me where the errors were, then I just took a look.

If you want to learn to do something similar, grab a book on PHP (php.net itself isn't a bad site to visit for the manual actually) and have a read. Once you understand the basics, it will become clearer what everything is doing.

DaBrute

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 05:51:05 PM
Well, all I did was drop the file into my intranet and tried to run it. It told me where the errors were, then I just took a look.

If you want to learn to do something similar, grab a book on PHP (php.net itself isn't a bad site to visit for the manual actually) and have a read. Once you understand the basics, it will become clearer what everything is doing.
cool!! thanks man!  *dapz*

TheDragon

hi
1st time to try your mod
installed ok - but nothing happened??
I went to Features and Options?
am I leaving something out?

fyi =
v.1.1.10
english.utf8= default language
here are my other mods
1.    FontandSizeDropdown_
2.    Rename *Child Board* | S-Ace    1]
3.    Custom Profile Field Mod   
4.    Custom Fields On Memberlist
   (which does not work on my version - so i guess it is not really installed??
5.    Display Name On Registration    1.8   
6.    Shiny Smiley Icons    1.0   
7.    Custom Board Sort    1.0.1
8.    Anti-Bot Registration Puzzles    1.2   
9.    Cristalab Icon Set

I will browse your topic for idea(s)

ty

just found this on post 120 !
Quoteonce again, it would help if people would bother to READ previous posts in the thread.

so... for the twentieth time in this thread:
You are running your forum in English UTF-8. Mods only install into English. Therefore, you either need to add the text strings to your modifications.engliushutf8.php or switch your forum to English.

BUT

none of your edits seem to go INTO english files ! I checked
in fact = here is my post on the normal support forum
Quoteok
I found that mod and installed it
but, saw NO way to use it!
have already learned that other mods that I installed did not work, until I observed that they were modding English files (not the English.utf8 that I had as my Major language)
so i would always go in and tweak the utf8 files
but I do not see any 'language specific files in eh mod
might go back and change my language to 'plain' English
not sure what mods I hand tweaked :(

can you think of any other reason why this mod is not working?>
I go to the Features and Options page as instructed - but see nothing there to do???

so, as you can see - I AM aware of the utf8 issues ;D

will keep scanning your topic(s)

TheDragon

Quote from: Rumbaar on August 10, 2009, 01:17:52 AM
Quote from: steelsheen on August 06, 2009, 03:01:35 PMSame prob as Jimbo had. Under default it is english utf8, only option available, is this correct?
You only have english-utf8 under the language dropdown option in your server settings?

You would have gotten numerous installation errors when installing mods that needed the english only language files to install into?

see my post back around page 136 #2710
I do NOT have a plain english option
in fact ALL my options have utf8 tags at end
was also told - cannot revert to english only anyway
and , I never had ANY errors on installing mods
(although sometimes they did not work - so I hand edited the utf8 files
BUT as I said - there are NO English files in this mod
(I got it on Sep 30, 2009)
and it HAD a file called CustomProfile.english.php
and I  searched all the other files in this mod, and could not find any reference to the term English

Kindred

if your forums does not have an modifications.english.php  and other ***.english.php files then you are going to have issues with EVERY MOD.   Mods, in general, ONLY install in english (and once again, english UTF-8 is DIFFERENT from english)

You will have to take the manual instructions, find the changes to the ***.english.php files (usually modifications.english.php, but sometimes also others) and manually apply them to your englishutf8 files.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheDragon

Quote from: Kindred on October 01, 2009, 12:27:12 AM
if your forums does not have an modifications.english.php  and other ***.english.php files then you are going to have issues with EVERY MOD.   Mods, in general, ONLY install in english (and once again, english UTF-8 is DIFFERENT from english)

You will have to take the manual instructions, find the changes to the ***.english.php files (usually modifications.english.php, but sometimes also others) and manually apply them to your englishutf8 files.

let me REPEAT my info

1. I have 8 mods = NEVER had ANY error/trouble because I use utf8
at worse, the mod simply 'did not work''
so, I made the edits by hand - ALL then worked JUST fine!

2, I also noted that the current release of this mod
HAD NO ENGLISH edits for me to EMULATE into utf8

so, now what ?

Kyrna

I installed the mod, which is working perfectly in the default theme. Nearly everyone on the forum uses the Reflection theme, though. What do I need to do to get it to work in the other theme? Reflection already has a CustomProfile.php and a CustomProfile.English.php so if that's what I need to add, would you please tell me what part of those files needs to be added, so I can add it to the current files?

Garou

Check out the package parser http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=319;attach=88169;smf_version=1.1.10

Everywhere it says ./Themes/default/some file you will want to change ./Themes/your theme/some file. If the file doesn't exist in your theme then by default SMF should read it from the default core theme. If you still have issues you might want to copy the missing files from the default them to your custom theme.

Kyrna

Quote from: Garou on October 06, 2009, 11:12:18 AM
Check out the package parser http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=319;attach=88169;smf_version=1.1.10

Everywhere it says ./Themes/default/some file you will want to change ./Themes/your theme/some file. If the file doesn't exist in your theme then by default SMF should read it from the default core theme. If you still have issues you might want to copy the missing files from the default them to your custom theme.
Fantastic - I'll give this a shot as soon as I get home! I appreciate the quick reply. :)

Kyrna

It seems the only thing I needed to do was copy display.template.php from the default theme into the theme we're using and it worked like magic.

Thanks tons! Awesome mod. :)

brion

So I want a field on my register page, and I made it optional, and included it in profiles, but only admin can view and edit.

It shows the field, I typed in it, registered it, etc. However when I view it, it's blank, has no value in it. I can edit it and have a value, but won't process on register?

brion

Advertisement: