News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyko

No, I don't see a tab in the 'Features and Options' page :(

It seems like even though it says the installation is successful, there is no actual change.

dracomiconia

I'm having a little problem....

If I create a Selection box field, I can add the options....

If I create a checkbox field, I have no option to add fields!!!!

Version 3.15
Forum 1.1 RC3

http://www.dracomiconia.com/forob/

dracomiconia

I have just seen that it is a "simple check box....."

Two Features it could be great to add....

Multiple Checkbox

Is it possible to add a "multiple selection field?"

For example:

Games in which you are playing in the web:

Football
x Soccer
  Basket
x Wargame

Specific Board Field

Imagine I have a lot of games in the web. Some RPG, for exmple....

If the Character Sheet could be inserted only in the forum of that game, it could be great.

A question

Selections are stored in themes table.... but where are stored the field configurations?

Answering to myself..... Settings table

tL0z

Hello,

What is the difference between text and text area?

It's it possible to make some "Field Categories" which would be delimited be top and bottom horizontal rules?
I'm asking for this because I'm having a "problem". I've made some Custom Fields where the members can put their friend code for each game. However, some members don't have the game I defined as "first" and has the top horizontal rule.
Take a look please:
http://www.nintendopt.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=325
http://www.nintendopt.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=353

The custom fields of the second member aren't separated with the rule since he hasn't the game. Categories would be nice :P

Also, is it possible to make a "url field". For example, I have a board for Game Collections. The members would put the link for the collection in the field.

Congrats, the mod is excelent  ;)

Bigguy

No body can view because you must have guest viewing off.

tL0z

ISOX

Quote from: pyko on October 18, 2006, 12:12:19 AM

It seems like even though it says the installation is successful, there is no actual change.

i've have that same problem now! :( H-E-L-P plz ;)

tL0z

Are you using English? If not, you have to translate the CustomProfile.english.php and create a CustomProfile.yourlanguage.php file with the translation, in the Themes/default/languages/ folder.

winrules

dracomiconia - Couldn't you just use multiple checkboxes?

With the specific board thing, I don't think many people would use it.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

tL0z

winrules

tl0z, text is one line and text area is multiple lines. In the next version of the mod horizantal rules will be done differently and not be attached to fields like they are now. You can make a URL field by using the before and after the field options.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

tL0z

Will the next version solve my problem? When are you going to release it? :)

dracomiconia

Well, I think it could be used.... but I understand.....

If u could find time to add... I'd thank u. But first of all, the most used features...

Thanks for your answer

pyko

Quote from: tL0z on October 18, 2006, 10:09:51 AM
Are you using English? If not, you have to translate the CustomProfile.english.php and create a CustomProfile.yourlanguage.php file with the translation, in the Themes/default/languages/ folder.

hi tL0z
is this referring to the no extra tabs/functionality showing after installation? Because I am using English, but i am using a different theme...but I think earlier in the thread someone said that the theme used doesn't matter.

please help!
pyko

winrules

pyko could you PM me your modsettings.php?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

CraftyLion

Quote from: pyko on October 18, 2006, 12:12:19 AM

I'm having the same problem unless the answers already been given somewhere  else ...

Megiddo

Hey, I'm having the same problem as everyone else, the mod won't install... I click install, it says it's successful, but no changes. I did this on a completely fresh install of SMF. Any ideas how to fix it?

CraftyLion

My main problem was that I hadn't placed my CustomProfile.english.php file in the Themes/Default/Languages directory. Now it works - sort of. I can customize my profile fields but it comes up as a text area in the profile itself and won't let me edit the actual field.  ???

pyko

Quote from: kimba on October 20, 2006, 02:20:51 AM
My main problem was that I hadn't placed my CustomProfile.english.php file in the Themes/Default/Languages directory. Now it works - sort of. I can customize my profile fields but it comes up as a text area in the profile itself and won't let me edit the actual field.  ???

hmm, my CustomProfile.english.php is in the Themes/Default/langauges directory, except the permission is set to 666 and it is an empty file.

could this be the problem i'm having? should i set the permissions to 755?

thanks!
pyko

edit: tried changing the permissions for that file to 755 - still no luck :(

Pedja

This is excellent mod and one of the most valueble for the forum.

Here are some suggestions:

- in custom fileds administration, present custom fields list in tabular form, instead of current. That would allow better space usage, and make field lists more readable. Current presentation is quite confusing.

- we cannot enter field description in several languages, but that is not your fault

- show in posts options offer show under post count and show next to images. The second option is usable only if we show inage based on field contents. If we show text it would be better if it is shown under the images.

- some fields can have longer contents so when showed in post, it can take two or mode lines. Problem is that filed contents is swown next to field description. OPtion to force fiedl contents to show in next line below field descripotion would be very good

- some option to set validatin on field contensts would be good. For instance, we could have space where to put php code that accepts field contents and returns true or false regarding if contents is valid.

- edit and view privilege is hardcoded only to admins. it would be great if we could set those privileges on any user group. For instance I need moderators to see some fields by not ordinary users. Also, some custom fileds may contain more personal info, so i would liek to allow them to be presented only to more thrusry users (based on user group)

- it would be good if we are able to set default value for the custom field.

- for selection box we should be able to set both description and value for each list item

Advertisement: