News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEOhidra

Кирил is data that users enter. It look like this:

winrules

Quote from: NEOhidra on May 07, 2006, 10:43:21 AM
Кирил is data that users enter. It look like this:

That looks like a problem  in the way SMF handles profile fields, not in this mod, because I tried it in different fields and it didn't work either. I know there are some internationalization issues with RC2.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Harzem

Great job, winrules. The mod is much better coded now :)

NEOhidra

Ok winrules - thank you for the quick reply

Søren Bjerg

Getting a couple of entires in the error log:

Quote[...]
http://forums.runehordes.info/index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=profile;sesc

8: Use of undefined constant CustomProfile - assumed 'CustomProfile'
File: /customers/xxx/httpd.www/forums/Sources/CustomProfile.php
Line: 327

Quote[...]
http://forums.runehordes.info/index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=profile;cp=<id>

8: Use of undefined constant CustomProfile - assumed 'CustomProfile'
File: /customers/xxx/httpd.www/forums/Sources/CustomProfile.php
Line: 327

Doubt it's anything critical, but just for good measure :).
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

Harzem

The line

loadLanguage(CustomProfile);

should be

loadLanguage('CustomProfile');

There are two lines containing this code. I think winrules will update it soon :)

winrules

Quote from: HarzeM on May 07, 2006, 02:02:57 PM
The line

loadLanguage(CustomProfile);

should be

loadLanguage('CustomProfile');

There are two lines containing this code. I think winrules will update it soon :)
err wops...will release update ASAP :)

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

winrules

Version 3.01 has been released! This version fixes a bug which results in "8: Use of undefined constant CustomProfile - assumed 'CustomProfile'" errors in the error log.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

GJ-tje

As I have requested before, is it possible to make a (adjustable) fixed width for the text(area) type for custom profile fields? Because they can now sometime screw a profile up...

And about my other request, about the 'editor' for BBC? I really think it would make a needo feature for the mod itself and I also think that more users will try your mod!
I meant this 'editor':
"People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something of equal value.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange."

"People should not be afraid of their Goverments. Goverments should be afraid of their People."

winrules

Quote from: GJ-tje on May 07, 2006, 07:23:30 PM
As I have requested before, is it possible to make a (adjustable) fixed width for the text(area) type for custom profile fields? Because they can now sometime screw a profile up...

And about my other request, about the 'editor' for BBC? I really think it would make a needo feature for the mod itself and I also think that more users will try your mod!
I meant this 'editor':

There were no new features in 3.0. I will consider all of those things for 3.1.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Søren Bjerg

Not to continually be a pest :(, but is anyone else having problems with getting the fields shown in posts?

Just noticed the one field I had set such no longer displays... only in profile.

Tried toggling display on/off and recreating it, but to no avail.

Seems to work joyfully otherwise ;) 8).
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

Harzem

winrules, many users (also in my own language support board) keep asking how to delete a field. I don't want to keep saying "you can't!"

Can you put a simple button near the fields to "delete" them and also a checkbox to "empty already filled user settings"? If you want, I can still help you on these :) Not because you can't do, but in a case you don't have enough time yet :)

dracomiconia

A version for 1.0x has been definitely forgotten?

Just to know.... :-\

winrules

Quote from: Søren Bjerg on May 08, 2006, 08:47:08 AM
Not to continually be a pest :(, but is anyone else having problems with getting the fields shown in posts?

Just noticed the one field I had set such no longer displays... only in profile.

Do you use a custom theme?

Quote from: HarzeM on May 08, 2006, 01:40:51 PM
winrules, many users (also in my own language support board) keep asking how to delete a field. I don't want to keep saying "you can't!"

Can you put a simple button near the fields to "delete" them and also a checkbox to "empty already filled user settings"? If you want, I can still help you on these :) Not because you can't do, but in a case you don't have enough time yet :)
I could just do a dbquery to delete the fields, but then it would be broken (since I use a while (isset($modSettings['enable_CPx'])) after the field you deleted. There's several ways to get around it, I could put a counter and it would loop through each value up to that (but that would be slower), I could bump everything down, but that woudl be hard and might confuse users (unless I totally dropped the field number from the interface, how do you thing I should do it?

Quote from: dracomiconia on May 08, 2006, 03:00:50 PM
A version for 1.0x has been definitely forgotten?

Just to know.... :-\
I don't think I'm going to port it, and nobody else has voulontered to do it, so for now there's not going to be one. :(

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Søren Bjerg

Quote from: winrules on May 08, 2006, 04:41:18 PM
Quote from: Søren Bjerg on May 08, 2006, 08:47:08 AM

Do you use a custom theme? [...]
I use the default one (the one also used here).

Just struck me as odd it suddenly didn't work after installing v3.0.

Hmm... hang on, will check the Template and see if changes were actually made to it.
EDIT: Was not an issue... the inclusion of the CustomProfile Source file is present as is the DisplayFieldPosts call.

Harzem

I've also got a report from a user about not being able to show a field in posts. I've looked at it as an admin, and the settings were proper.

winrules

Quote from: HarzeM on May 08, 2006, 05:09:41 PM
I've also got a report from a user about not being able to show a field in posts. I've looked at it as an admin, and the settings were proper.
I'll look into it.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Harzem

It was a text field (not textarea), if you need it.

winrules

Quote from: HarzeM on May 08, 2006, 05:13:53 PM
It was a text field (not textarea), if you need it.
Doesn't matter, nothing will work, $message isn't getting parsed through to the customprofile.php, will release update ASAP :)

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

winrules

Version 3.02 has been released! This version fixes a bug with fields not being able to be displayed on posts.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Advertisement: